Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

straight up brolic posted:

idk if the swiss are actually investigating it probably. There were dudes literally and publically flying back with rolexes

Lol its insane how blatant it all is (was???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

The press conference has started:

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/videos/y=2015/m=5/video=fifa-press-conference-live-may-27th-2609113.html

edit: says FIFA initiated the process of investigating the 2018 and 2022 attributions
lol i am sure they did

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

straight up brolic posted:

idk if the swiss are actually investigating it probably. There were dudes literally and publically flying back with rolexes

The swiss raiding bank account information is a very big thing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kurtofan posted:

The press conference has started:

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/videos/y=2015/m=5/video=fifa-press-conference-live-may-27th-2609113.html

edit: says FIFA initiated the process of investigating the 2018 and 2022 attributions

Yeah the internal ethics report was very good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Someone must have defrauded a hotel, that's the only way you get the Swiss that mad at you

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
"FIFA is the damaged party"

Oh my god it's hilarious.
Also, the "translator" is definitely reading from something and not actually translating.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If qatar does lose the world cup, all those migrants are going to die though.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lol I turned on the livestream and dudes are already trying to dive on grenades to save Valcke and Blatter. This should be entertaining.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hope qatar lose the world cup so i can stop pretending to care about migrant labourers

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The americans supposedly have subpoenaed Garcia. He's going to hand over his completely un edited report.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

If qatar does lose the world cup, all those migrants are going to die though.

Didn't someone actually try the "but if we move the World Cup they will have died for nothing" argument

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

excuse me lady posted:

Update - Swiss Federal Office of Justice opens criminal proceedings over the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football world cups

I'm loving this

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
This is my favourite thread now, I'm fully erect

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
is there a text feed of the press conference somewhere?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
still saying 2018 and 2022 will be played in Russia and Qatar.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

The americans supposedly have subpoenaed Garcia. He's going to hand over his completely un edited report.
I just 5'd this thread so goddamn hard

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
As an American, I am a fairly casual fan of the sport of soccer. I know the rules of the sport, the names of several of it's best players and teams, have a respect for the athleticism of it, and occasionally see cool highlights of it on ESPN and Fox Sports. I'll watch the Gold Cup tournament when it's on TV, as well as the World Cup.

But what knowledge and enthusiasm I may be lacking for soccer, I make up for by being totally and fully aware of the eternal scumbag nature of FIFA and those who run it. Seeing this news last night was fantabulous, and I hope our Justice Department brings down every hammer they have at their disposal with regards to investigating and prosecuting this case. If ISIS and Don King joined FIFA, FIFA would probably become less corrupt. I hope they offer sweetheart plea bargains for every single person who is willing to turn on Blatter & Pals, and the 2018 and 2022 World Cups somehow get awarded to the US and Canada respectively (right after Landon Donovan is elected FIFA President, and Alexi Lalas it's Senior Vice-President).

Go after the banks that these assholes used to transfer the bribes. Go after the bribers and the bribees. Go after government officials who were in bed with FIFA from the start, doing all of this and then trying to destroy the paper trail(s). Start writing up warrants with RICO charges on them, then have judges sign those warrants until their pens start running out of ink. Then make a copy of the warrants and sign those for posterity. Perp walk every single person arrested on these charges in front of 10,000 HD media camera lenses.

Burn it down. Burn it all down. Then salt the earth where it once stood, and start from scratch.

That'll be 25 years in the cubes, Blatter.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
its good for fifa

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
The FIFA dude is getting pissy.
It's glorious.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is the most effort the Swiss police have done in anything since The Bourne Identity.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

quote:

De Gregorio says he cannot confirm how many serving executives have been arrested, and says there will be no re-vote for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. “The World Cups will be played in Russia and Qatar.”

Well, gently caress you De Gregorio.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Gonz posted:

As an American, I am a fairly casual fan of the sport of soccer. I know the rules of the sport, the names of several of it's best players and teams, have a respect for the athleticism of it, and occasionally see cool highlights of it on ESPN and Fox Sports. I'll watch the Gold Cup tournament when it's on TV, as well as the World Cup.

But what knowledge and enthusiasm I may be lacking for soccer, I make up for by being totally and fully aware of the eternal scumbag nature of FIFA and those who run it. Seeing this news last night was fantabulous, and I hope our Justice Department brings down every hammer they have at their disposal with regards to investigating and prosecuting this case. If ISIS and Don King joined FIFA, FIFA would probably become less corrupt. I hope they offer sweetheart plea bargains for every single person who is willing to turn on Blatter & Pals, and the 2018 and 2022 World Cups somehow get awarded to the US and Canada respectively (right after Landon Donovan is elected FIFA President, and Alexi Lalas it's Senior Vice-President).

Go after the banks that these assholes used to transfer the bribes. Go after the bribers and the bribees. Go after government officials who were in bed with FIFA from the start, doing all of this and then trying to destroy the paper trail(s). Start writing up warrants with RICO charges on them, then have judges sign those warrants until their pens start running out of ink. Then make a copy of the warrants and sign those for posterity. Perp walk every single person arrested on these charges in front of 10,000 HD media camera lenses.

Burn it down. Burn it all down. Then salt the earth where it once stood, and start from scratch.

Please source your quotes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Long odds, but I'm placing a cheeky bet on the 2018 World Cup being cancelled.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

elwood posted:

Well, gently caress you De Gregorio.

What's he going to say? "They're not going to be played." Saying it's still going means the taps will still flow and they need to suck on that tit for as long as it's giving off milk. Hell knowing Qatar they might respond with sending even more money to "fix" things.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Gonz posted:

:newlol:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Holy poo poo, 200 new posts, I guess something exciting must've ha-

:dogbutton:

Gotta love all the sanctimonious American shitposting on the first couple of pages

Edit: And on this page!

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Alain Post posted:

Long odds, but I'm placing a cheeky bet on the 2018 World Cup being cancelled.

Nah, there is too much money involved. There are a few countries that could host it on short(ish) notice if neccessary.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Walter de Gregorio posted:

Russia and Qatar will be played, this is fact today. I can't go into speculation about what will happen tomorrow.

Changing his tone a bit

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

elwood posted:

Nah, there is too much money involved. There are a few countries that could host it on short(ish) notice if neccessary.

Germany, England, ???

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

elwood posted:

IT'S

COMING

HOME

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

All I can think is that America obviously has something to gain from all of this.

Either way I'm loving glad something is actually being done for once and I hope to god Blatter faces some justice and Qatar lose the world cup.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

puchu posted:

Germany, England, ???

Germany, England, USA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

elwood posted:

Short notice world cups would go to America (likely) or the UK due to their transport and stadium capacity.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Crazy Ted posted:

IT'S

COMING

HOME

Why do you want to bankrupt Uruguay?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lid posted:

Why do you want to bankrupt Uruguay?

They bloody well knew what they did.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I wonder if they're going to arrest Di Gregorio at the end of this conference?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Reading this is giving me a funny feeling, but hell, I like it

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nine-fifa-officials-and-five-corporate-executives-indicted-racketeering-conspiracy-and

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

excuse me lady posted:

Update - Swiss Federal Office of Justice opens criminal proceedings over the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football world cups

This poo poo keeps getting better

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Lol that loving daily mail mong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I like the way he keeps saying they handed the Garcia file to the General Attorney, without mentioning he's talking about the Swiss general attorney not the Feds.