Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm fascinated to see how Isaac will be scored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

IMJack posted:

New teaser update, confirming the thing shown last week as the Dead Eye - consecutive hits make your shots stronger, up to 2x.

And showing off Continuum, which lets your shots go off one screen edge and come back the opposite edge.

And talking about Spelunky-style daily seeds with leaderboards.

there was also this hidden in the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkMF4Vm8E00
rebirth is coming to xbox one

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

IMJack posted:

And talking about Spelunky-style daily seeds with leaderboards.

awww yisss

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I honestly don't know if its less is more, but did anyone else get burned out on rebirth way faster than the original?
Completely the opposite for me; I gave up on flash Isaac without getting beyond the Womb.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

I honestly don't know if its less is more, but did anyone else get burned out on rebirth way faster than the original?

I didn't see that opinion in the thread too much, but I just kinda think after doing most of what rebirth had to offer, I fire it up a lot less. I am only missing the lost cheevos and meat boy, for the record.
Have you tried playing for speed? That's the only way I play the game and it's really fun. Race people head-to-head, or see how consistently you can beat the chest under some time limit (my best is 12 in a row sub-22 minutes), it's great.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Speaking of playing Isaac for speed Balls of Steel is starting this Friday.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Xeras posted:

Speaking of playing Isaac for speed Balls of Steel is starting this Friday.

Everyone cheer for Hyphen!

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

I didn't see that opinion in the thread too much, but I just kinda think after doing most of what rebirth had to offer, I fire it up a lot less. I am only missing the lost cheevos and meat boy, for the record.

nope. still playing rebirth even though I'd completed it a long time ago. send help.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

there was also this hidden in the post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkMF4Vm8E00
rebirth is coming to xbox one

That's a lot of items to have by the caves.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

kemikalkadet posted:

nope. still playing rebirth even though I'd completed it a long time ago. send help.

There's going to be looping like in Nuclear Throne.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I stopped playing the original after Platinum God. Still playing Rebirth months after RPG.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

kemikalkadet posted:

it looks like a debug mode, when they picked up the odd mushroom they didn't gain a heart container

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006

senae posted:

it looks like a debug mode, when they picked up the odd mushroom they didn't gain a heart container

You've got your odd mushrooms confused; the thin one gives movespeed, tear rate, and damage down. It's the wide one that gives a heart container and a little bit of damage.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Jibo posted:

Do you legit think this is faster or easier than simply finding book of rev and clearing through Womb 1? I mean poo poo, do it however you want but unless you get really lucky you are going to need to go full on infinite which itself takes a fair amount of luck and re rolling.

Yeah it's not that hard to find an infinite reroll setup, there's multiple options for sustaining yourself through the plug damage, so you don't even need cancer/wafer. And you don't have the risk of the headless horseman ruining everything. Also you can, in the same run, find all of the secret room items. So that knocks out both of the biggest complaints in this thread (aside from the Lost). Honestly Steven is the only item that's hard to find.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I've gotten more Stevens then Godheads. I swear I've only gotten Godhead 2 or 3 times.

I love how the Savior Mod has rooms that let you restart the Chest. Now I don't have to retire my awesome builds until I'm done marveling at them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I really hope Rebirth has White Gold chests. Like the red chests, but with items from the Heaven room, maybe an eternal heart, etc. A counterpart to the red chests, and maybe way to get the key/Godhead easier.

(Why yes, I am trying to get the Godhead so I can RPG the game).

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Wugga posted:

If there still was a chance to get either the Ball or Cube, I'm pretty sure it would be basic coin toss probability.

0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.0625

So 6.25% chance of getting either Meat Boy or Bandage Girl IF you could still get both, IF you got a Horseman on each floor type and IF Conquest wasn't unlocked. And that doesn't apply since you can't get different cubes anymore.

Still, 0.03% chance doesn't sound that far off if there weren't any assumptions made. Because the probability of everything going according to plan (finding BoR, no Double Trouble, no Conquest) is ludicrously low.

If you can still get both then it's only three coin flips because you'll be happy with the result of the first one either way. 1/16 to win the flips when you have to get specifically one of the two. If you're just trying to get either one without regard to which it's 1/8, but even then those are only the odds if you get to fight all the compatible bosses in your run.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam...

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
Only thing holding me back from True Platinum God is the loving Super Meat Boy. I have gotten like a billion Super Bandage Girls, but have never gotten more than 2 cubes of meat in a run. Is there any character that has a higher chance to spawn the Book of Revelations than the others?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Only thing holding me back from True Platinum God is the loving Super Meat Boy. I have gotten like a billion Super Bandage Girls, but have never gotten more than 2 cubes of meat in a run. Is there any character that has a higher chance to spawn the Book of Revelations than the others?

D6 Isaac. :v: That's seriously your best bet, though.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ProfessionalNinja posted:

After thousands of resets leading to a whopping 9 runs with Book of Revelations on the first floor, with only 4 leading to Meat Cubes, I gave up after seeing Conquest EVERY time. Just cheat. What do you gain from doing it legit? It's all down to bullshit luck so save yourself the time and cheat it in so you can enjoy the game again.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any advice for doing the Family Man challenge? I thought Lil' Brim would be the smoking gun, except in 4th/5th slot he's kind of bad. Rotten Baby is able to carry me to the Womb at least, at which point it feels like he lags behind.

I just want my Epic Fetus. :negative:

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's no one sure item on that challenge AFAIK. The blue flies from Rotten Baby are going to be doing most of your damage on the average runs, so prioritize anything that makes them stronger; keep in mind that they are affected by damage ups, so they're worth getting even without tears. Beyond that, pray for a lot of bombs, use them to strategically skip rooms or damage annoying enemies, and hope you get some useful items.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hm. So the daily run seed will be the same for everyone, except for locked items?

Wait for people making a save where they specifically play to unlock only certain good/fast items and leave other unlocks behind in order to get better items in the daily run and beat others with an unfair advantage.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Oh no!

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008
So I got the Lost achievements ages ago after a lot of painstaking attempts, wound up using the alt-f4 method. For kicks I thought I'd try him out tonight and got an Isaac win on my second go.

Why yes I did happen to get dead cat on that run, how did you know?

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:
Do we know if Ed's going to change up Mega Satan at all? Maybe ease of getting to him, or hiding some unlocks behind him, or being able to leave the room after his defeat, or maybe a Mega Gabriel counterpart or something.

When I get angel rooms, I make sure to kill Gabriel/Uriel. Getting both in a run is very unlikely though. I always hope to find Dad's Key when I get to The Chest/Dark Room, but it's rare enough as it is. Did get to fight him yesterday for the first time in a while.

I like that fight.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
He said he was adding an all new alternate path, I've got to imagine that it won't contain Mega Satan at this point.

Honestly at this point we have fought our mom, her heart, a fetus, ourselves, our corpse, and two different forms of Satan. Next? We go for GOD.

Codiekitty
Nov 7, 2014

QuantaStarFire posted:

Anyone have any advice for doing the Family Man challenge? I thought Lil' Brim would be the smoking gun, except in 4th/5th slot he's kind of bad. Rotten Baby is able to carry me to the Womb at least, at which point it feels like he lags behind.

I just want my Epic Fetus. :negative:

Pray to the RNG God for Guppy.

As for Mega Satan, at least give him a new battle theme.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
One cool thing the Savior Mod does is that The Room (the level they replaced the Dark Room with) always has either both key pieces or Dad's Key in the boss room and usually a The Fool card.

The Room and its boss are loving brutal though so it's a nice reward for doing something challenging.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Can I get some opinions on Savior Mod vs GodMode? A few of my friends who I dragged into Isaac months ago now swear by GodMode, but I can't remember seeing it even mentioned in this thread.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So Jibo/AnonSpore. I never noticed that more than one person had that avatar until just now. What's that avatar's deal?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IUG posted:

So Jibo/AnonSpore. I never noticed that more than one person had that avatar until just now. What's that avatar's deal?

They want to be witnessed, obviously.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

IUG posted:

Shalinor gave them out to people who made bear puns in the Kickstarter thread a while back, when the Bear Simulator kickstarter was running.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

Can I get some opinions on Savior Mod vs GodMode? A few of my friends who I dragged into Isaac months ago now swear by GodMode, but I can't remember seeing it even mentioned in this thread.

I haven't tried God Mode yet but I did just finish getting RPG in Savior so I have some observations there. TLDR of it is that it's pretty cool especially if you have already played the hell out of regular Rebirth but there are some aspects that are worse than the base game. There is a "Light" version that does not put in the new characters and that's probably better.

Most of the new characters felt not quite as good as the regular Rebirth characters. Uriel and Noah both start with such short range that there are rooms that can't be cleared without taking damage and can be put in situations where you can't hit enemies behind large gaps. Uriel is supposed to start with Faith but he is the one who unlocks it so you have to beat the Chest with him before he is even the character he's meant to be. Lilith starts with half a sin heart and is supposed to start with Pandora's Box so you can decide on early health or holding out for better rewards, it's pretty cool but if you don't have it unlocked she's kind of frustrating. Solomon starts out with the Box which it turns out is a pretty neat item to start with, he also gets the bag of pennies so he's not a bad character to use just to pump up the donation machine in the shop each run.

Some of the new rooms have unavoidable damage either for non flying characters or all characters, which is pretty lame.

You can get little shops all over the place, including in secret rooms and arcades. This is really cool, especially if you have a lot of money after Mom or if you are finding lots of coins but no keys.

There are a lot of new boss room layouts and some of them are really challenging. Most of the new rooms in general are pretty challenging.

Curse rooms are worth going in now.

The Room replaces the Dark Room and the boss there is arguably harder than Mega Satan. The individual rooms in The Room can be really loving tough.

New Boss Rush representing more bosses is a bit more challenging. Annoyingly, later in the rush there are two red chests that spawn. A number of times I've accidentally hit them and gotten the devil teleport, preventing me from finishing the boss rush that run.

Some items have been reworked. This is not really noticeable. A few items have longer charges, Lazarus' Rags is now Shroud of Turin, Anemic gives an additional two empty hearts, Snack is now Soul Food and gives two soul hearts, Rotten Baby is now DInky Duke and looks like a little Duke of Flies.

Item pools have been reworked and this feels like a pretty heavy buff in general other than Stop Watch being a secret room item now.

Over all it's at least interesting and it's easy to install and remove and can be played with existing saves, so it's worth checking out in my opinion.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

drat Hyphenated, that was a loving nice race on BoS.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Alright, my favorite build yet. I've had more powerful ones, but this is just too fun. Linking because I don't know how to make a nongigantic gif.

Seed is JH62 YVSF, although I wasn't exactly keeping notes, so I don't remember what I rolled when to get all this. The Chest loops at least 3 times.

Edit: Oh yeah, Savior Modded though. Should have mentioned that.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 30, 2015

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006

omeg posted:

drat Hyphenated, that was a loving nice race on BoS.

Thanks! I got so nervous at the end of the first one when my opponent caught up a huge amount of ground while I had a curse of the lost on the chest. It's so exciting to be doing these with a bunch of money on the line

Here's the vod if anybody wants to watch it http://www.twitch.tv/bostv/v/5585736?t=398m30s

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Felix_Cat posted:

So I got the Lost achievements ages ago after a lot of painstaking attempts, wound up using the alt-f4 method. For kicks I thought I'd try him out tonight and got an Isaac win on my second go.

Why yes I did happen to get dead cat on that run, how did you know?

The above was supposed to read ??? win, and I've now added a Lamb win to that totally legit. Got double shot on the first floor, scythes on the first devil deal and then shielded tears. Plus several damage ups, and I made it to the Depths without getting hit when I found dead cat. Despite this fantastic setup by the time I reached the lamb I had two lives left and bet him on my second try. Intense. Did Mom and Mom's heart without getting hit but lost about three lives to Satan.

I also got to the boss rush in time without actually trying to, then died immediately after setting it off from Gurdy charging, like literally with in a couple of seconds. I'm definitely finding that the Lost can actually be fun to play when there's no pressure to win, but it really feels like he could use more damage at the start or some other kind of buff.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there something special you need to do to 'trigger' platinum god/real platinum god? It looks like i have all the items on the collection screen (count is 343) and I have all the endings, and I think the only secrets I'm missing are the co-op buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Oxyclean posted:

Is there something special you need to do to 'trigger' platinum god/real platinum god? It looks like i have all the items on the collection screen (count is 343) and I have all the endings, and I think the only secrets I'm missing are the co-op buddies.

You need to get all the secrets.