Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

It's hilarious that people expressed displeasure at a tie-in and were dogpiled as if they said the whole event was trash just at the end of A-Force #1.

One of them actually did say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Illegal out of bounds shark throw, go in the penalty box.

This is Doom's Law.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can only think of the original Rick and Morty stuff but with a Doom instead of Rick.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wubba-lubba Doom Doom!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Illegal out of bounds shark throw, go in the penalty box.

This is Doom's Law.

I'm actually a bit bothered Doom doesn't appreciate Shark Throwing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shark throwing is fine, but you need to keep it within the playfield.

Anyone can use super strength to chuck a shark. The real talent is in placing it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
e: nevermind!

Majuju fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 25, 2015

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
It's nice seeing a world run by a man with the same border policy as Walter from The Big Lebowski.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm actually a bit bothered Doom doesn't appreciate Shark Throwing.

With good reason since Doom was fed to a megalodon during Millar's run.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It's actually a misunderstanding and she's just being drafted into the sharkthrowalypics.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Anything being released today?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Inferno, Infinity Gauntlet, Inhumans Attilan Rising, MODOK Assassin, Old Man Logan, Secret Wars 2099, Secret Wars Journal, and X-Men '92.

I'll probably grab all of them except X-Men '92 and probably Inferno.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Deadpool posted:

Inferno, Infinity Gauntlet, Inhumans Attilan Rising, MODOK Assassin, Old Man Logan, Secret Wars 2099, Secret Wars Journal, and X-Men '92.

I'll probably grab all of them except X-Men '92 and probably Inferno.

You make the Mall Babies sad :(

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not a huge fan of X-Men anyway and definitely not the '90s X-Men.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deadpool posted:

I'm not a huge fan of X-Men anyway and definitely not the '90s X-Men.

Neither was I, then I watched this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5v2RdxYGqk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe designing your robots to have a pain response is a bad idea.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think they're mostly just stumbling around trying to regain their balance, not feeling pain.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I think they're mostly just stumbling around trying to regain their balance, not feeling pain.

The one that gets shot by Jubilee reaches up to grab its eye.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Well even if that's the case they probably should have programed them to ignore dogs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure if the mutants are catching the stupid from the sentinels or if it's the other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

Looks like the new issues are out.

Hahahah they covered up Pryor's boobtastic costume.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 27, 2015

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, I love Dustin Weaver. The art in Infinity Gauntlet is gorgeous.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Did it end up being just on the cover, or inside too?

People were complaining about that in Marvel Heroes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

People are losing their poo poo about it on 4chan.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well I'm just going by the covers on comixology. Unfortunately it doesnt look like anything really grabs me with their 3 page previews except MODOK Assassin. Will wait for word to come in before grabbing anything.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Well I'm just going by the covers on comixology. Unfortunately it doesnt look like anything really grabs me with their 3 page previews except MODOK Assassin. Will wait for word to come in before grabbing anything.

The at on Infinity Gauntlet looks crazy good. Grabbing just for that I think.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Oh man I bought Secret Wars Journal, because I was getting all of those types of books, but then saw what was on the cover I'm pretty hype to read it now.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

SynthOrange posted:

read this as piotr the first time and iwas loving lost

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

People are losing their poo poo about it on 4chan.

Sounds like it was a good choice, then.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I can't find X-Men '92 on Comixology. Is it a regular book or just whatever an "infinite" comic is?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Majuju posted:

I can't find X-Men '92 on Comixology. Is it a regular book or just whatever an "infinite" comic is?

Infinite. It's a digital first book. I think they'll do print later though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Tie-ins were still pretty good this week. The best of the crop were probably MODOK and Old Man Logan, Infinity Gauntlet is pretty promising as well.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
I read a bunch of them and I was really into more of them than I expected.

M.O.D.O.K. Assassin was my favorite for this week just for seeing MODOK being an absolute dick in the funniest manner. He kills people in "Killville" so you can probably guess the tone this book has.

Infinity Gauntlet's best feature is the art, because it's gorgeous the entire way through. That doesn't mean that Duggan's writing is poor in this series, because the first issue made me really tense the whole way through. I'm not really fully connected with this family the mini is featuring by the end of issue 1, but it did make me connected enough to worry about their safety.

Where Monsters Dwell is a slightly tamer Garth Ennis book that isn't Punisher Max related. You can probably guess from here if that's your type of thing or not.

Secret Wars Journal disappointment me with the two stories it featured in #1 since Battleworld last week was so fun to read. It's not really bad, but both stories felt boring to me. I'll still keep my eye on future issues to see if it has something interesting, but I would recommend others to skip this one.

Old Man Logan was the best Bendis book I've read in a while. Honestly makes me wonder why he wasn't this good throughout his X-Men run. It's a continuation of the original Old Man Logan comic for those of you wondering if it only shared its title with the original comic like the other SW tie-ins. Sorrentino is the BOMB when it comes to art in this.

Secret Wars 2099 was a nice 1st issue to explore the world and the new avengers characters, but it ended rather abruptly for me. I'll probably read the 2nd issue to see if things change for the better. Also, Hercules is in this.

X-Men '92 felt like I was given a shot of 90's culture directly into my veins. The writing of this reminded me of the Batman 60's comic done by DC right now with the comic emulating the tone and lines of each of the characters of the show. Probably my second favorite of this week's tie-ins for featuring the team playing laser tag.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Does anyone know a place I can buy a poster of that X-Men '92 teaser they did a few months back? That was amazing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Holy poo poo you guys M.O.D.O.K. Assassin was batshit crazy awesome in the greatest possible way.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

I read a bunch of them and I was really into more of them than I expected.

M.O.D.O.K. Assassin was my favorite for this week just for seeing MODOK being an absolute dick in the funniest manner. He kills people in "Killville" so you can probably guess the tone this book has.

Infinity Gauntlet's best feature is the art, because it's gorgeous the entire way through. That doesn't mean that Duggan's writing is poor in this series, because the first issue made me really tense the whole way through. I'm not really fully connected with this family the mini is featuring by the end of issue 1, but it did make me connected enough to worry about their safety.

Where Monsters Dwell is a slightly tamer Garth Ennis book that isn't Punisher Max related. You can probably guess from here if that's your type of thing or not.

Secret Wars Journal disappointment me with the two stories it featured in #1 since Battleworld last week was so fun to read. It's not really bad, but both stories felt boring to me. I'll still keep my eye on future issues to see if it has something interesting, but I would recommend others to skip this one.

Old Man Logan was the best Bendis book I've read in a while. Honestly makes me wonder why he wasn't this good throughout his X-Men run. It's a continuation of the original Old Man Logan comic for those of you wondering if it only shared its title with the original comic like the other SW tie-ins. Sorrentino is the BOMB when it comes to art in this.

Secret Wars 2099 was a nice 1st issue to explore the world and the new avengers characters, but it ended rather abruptly for me. I'll probably read the 2nd issue to see if things change for the better. Also, Hercules is in this.

X-Men '92 felt like I was given a shot of 90's culture directly into my veins. The writing of this reminded me of the Batman 60's comic done by DC right now with the comic emulating the tone and lines of each of the characters of the show. Probably my second favorite of this week's tie-ins for featuring the team playing laser tag.

Mostly agree with this and I'll continue with the others I bought too. I really liked the first stories' characters in Secret Wars Journal so I'll definitely be checking out Siege #1. I also agree that I was into more than I thought I would be. Honestly, I didn't hate any of the new books. I was disappointed a bit in Secret Wars 2099 but only because Spider-man 2099 is one of my favorite characters and he doesn't seem like he'll be a prominent character in it.

Inferno: The premise is interesting and the first issue was alright. Nothing amazing but I'll at least pick up the second issue to see where it goes.

Inhumans Attilan Rising: I'm a huge Inhumans fans so I'm really biased but I thought it was a good start and did a decent job introducing the entire premise. Seems to me like some sort of detective mystery story featuring Inhuman characters. Not that that's a bad thing.

Ones I expected to hate but thoroughly enjoyed: MODOK Assassin, Old Man Logan, Where Monster's Dwell

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Infinite. It's a digital first book. I think they'll do print later though.

I'm confused, because Comixology sells digital books?

Where can I get X-men '92? I googled some things including the embarrassing "Where can I get X-men '92 #1" but nothing.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

X-Men '92 is going to print at the end of June and it'll be monthly after that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Where can I get X-men '92? I googled some things including the embarrassing "Where can I get X-men '92 #1" but nothing.

It's on there. Search for it.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

zoux posted:

Since I have it handy!

It's hokey-good, and you could certainly do worse for $2.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cheers, and here's to spending 30 bucks on comics this week. :eng99:

• Locked thread