Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

precision posted:

Frankly, Warren turning out to be evil would be the most surprising and unbelievable twist the game could pull.

Persona 4 twist, "bitches" and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Even though there's almost no evidence against him, I can't help but suspect Warren, because I've been conditioned to by things like Scream or Veronica Mars.
The boyfriend is always evil.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Another thing to add to the pile for Warren being a pathetic creeplord is that in the diner there's a flyer put up most likely by him asking if any girls want to see the movie marathon with him.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Accordion Man posted:

Another thing to add to the pile for Warren being a pathetic creeplord is that in the diner there's a flyer put up most likely by him asking if any girls want to see the movie marathon with him.

Now that's just speculation. There's obviously only one girl for him and it's Max.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Paladinus posted:

Now that's just speculation. There's obviously only one girl for him and it's Max.
A good stalker should always keeps their prospects open.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope the "missing laptop with cat pictures" flyers actually ends up being a plot point, like it was Rachel Amber's or something.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'm actually expecting us to be thrown for a loop really early on in episode 4. Like Nathan has very little to do with the conspiracy (or nothing at all,) even if the other members of his family are.

EDIT: \/ Hasn't it been somewhat implied that Frank's changed a lot since Rachel vanished? Maybe he was more her type before.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 27, 2015

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm still confused about why Rachel and Frank are attracted to each other,and the pictures and journals you find don't really explain anything.

She's a freewheeling teenager about to graduate from a private high school who dreams of leaving her one horse town , he's a twenty something drug dealer / former dog fighter who lives in a van out by the diner.

What the hell is going on there? poo poo, I guess I should spoiler this.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 27, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I'm still thinking the main bad guy will be Jefferson, he's just too good and noble, seems like he's hiding something, he does finally show some other emotions if you blame him, he gets really pissed when mentioning he got kicked from the photo contest

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ghetto Prince posted:

I'm still confused about why Rachel and Frank are attracted to each other,and the pictures and journals you find don't really explain anything.

She's a freewheeling teenager about to graduate from a private high school who dreams of leaving her one horse town , he's a twenty something drug dealer / former dog fighter who lives in a van out by the diner.

A highschool girl who likes drugs dating a bohemian guy in an RV? This game is so unrealistic! :)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ghetto Prince posted:

They really imply that Rachel was just manipulating Frank for her own gain. Frank seemed to genuinely love her though so he probably took it hard when she disappeared and why he's even more of a bitter rear end in a top hat now.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I think a lot of the hate that Warren gets is projecting from male players who maybe see little bit of their teen selves in him. He's certainly written well enough that I recognize people in my life that remind me of him.

Still gently caress that guy. He probably does lovely Pokemon LPs that get 20 views and posts on r/gaming. What a loser that guy. Pfft.

On the topic of Rachel Amber. I do like how the more we find out about her the less of a good person she sounds like. Though I suppose that's par for the course in the Twin Peaks formula.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

D_W posted:

Still gently caress that guy. He probably does lovely Pokemon LPs that get 20 views and posts on r/gaming. What a loser that guy. Pfft.

But enough about you

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Warren did remind me of PewDiePie at first, it's true

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

D_W posted:

I think a lot of the hate that Warren gets is projecting from male players who maybe see little bit of their teen selves in him. He's certainly written well enough that I recognize people in my life that remind me of him.

Projection and self-hatred are like what this forum is built on

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Projection and self-hatred are like what the entire internet is built on.

Here is some Chloe & Max fanart because why not?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Most people seem to miss that Brooke says that Warren has some GPS poo poo following you around that's uh yeah....

Accordion Man posted:

Frank seemed to genuinely love her though so he probably took it hard when she disappeared and why he's even more of a bitter rear end in a top hat now.

Max is apparently close enough in appearance to Rachel that people get them mixed up. Frank seeing Max in Rachel's clothes must piss him off for all sorts of reasons. Also Chloe being all try on the clothes of my crush is a little weird.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SirKibbles posted:

Most people seem to miss that Brooke says that Warren has some GPS poo poo following you around that's uh yeah....
A what? When did that happen? Also I'm pretty sure you can 'spy' on friends' location on social networks fairly easily.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Paladinus posted:

A what? When did that happen? Also I'm pretty sure you can 'spy' on friends' location on social networks fairly easily.

https://youtu.be/3Dilo_35ALg?list=PL57hJfweW_2u1mKS5UFNgx-voVAvTlkT9&t=434

Here ya go it's probably something simple to do doesn't make it less creepy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SirKibbles posted:

This is pretty obviously a joke.

I mean maybe it isn't but it's said like one.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

You do know that everything anyone says does not have to be taken as the literal truth, right?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

You do know that everything anyone says does not have to be taken as the literal truth, right?

I will admit my bias as he just weirds me the hell out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, the way she says it is pretty drat clear that it's in jest.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
lol yes the geeky 18 year old boy who dares to have a crush on you is the true villain lol jesus christ

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

looks like we've got a warren white knight in our midst y'all

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Nathan is the true hero for beating Warren up when he tries to defend you he's clearly Max's canon LI.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junkfist posted:

Nathan is the true hero for beating Warren up when he tries to defend you he's clearly Max's canon LI.

Given the current timeline with Max in the Vortex Club, that might well be true...

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Warren is a total goon. Max wants his goony body, but may end up taxidermed in his basement instead.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given the current timeline with Max in the Vortex Club, that might well be true...

We need to warn Alternate Timeline Stella before Warren eats her. :ohdear:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Warren helps you build explosives with no questions asked. When it comes time to bury the bodies I know who I want on my side.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm surprised anyone is into Chloe, she's really irritating as a character

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
People are hoping to ~change her~ with good influence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

woodenchicken posted:

People are hoping to ~change her~ with good influence.

Whoops. :ohdear:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

eh, she reminds me of the girl who gave me my first mix tape in 9th grade

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Grapplejack posted:

I find irritating borderline personalities to be endearing because I am a moron.

:smith:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I think it's hilarious that she only wants to use Max's powers to have fun and commit felonies, and she's usually the most interesting thing on screen at any given time. :shrug:

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011
Victoria's attempt at flirting with Jefferson is so cringe-worthy :gonk:

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hope we get a chance to quote those lines at her later.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Some hella amazing fanart from Mayumi Nose:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Rosalind posted:

Some hella amazing fanart from Mayumi Nose:

Oh wow, I love that.

• Locked thread