Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

"I wish for... a nerf on jump scouting!" you ask of the monkey's paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
How long before we have hacks that make people invisible? At least it'll be fun in an AvP sort of way.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Dork457 posted:

"I wish for... a nerf on jump scouting!" you ask of the monkey's paw.

:bravo:

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I like Resort, I hope it becomes popular.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Is that actually the inspect animation for the knife?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://gfycat.com/UnrealisticDistortedBinturong

Edit: :laffo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAp7zxvO0ms

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 27, 2015

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Jeza posted:

DotA 2 has no cheats, has less cred attached to ranks, and it's more difficult for an individual player to make a difference.

nah nah and nah

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Crazy stuff.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

perfect sound accuracy? bad vision? Time for the blind CSGO players.... to rise!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Scripting within the limits of the game is kind of different, and also incredibly rare. And the other two I don't see being disputable but OK. I don't see the DotA 2 reddit with your ELO rank splashed on your profile. A good player can easily carry despite a retarded team in CS, the same isn't true in DotA 2. If you have 4 feeders, one player isn't going to carry you through.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Why do people still continue to complain about being locked out of doing more missions when 1. The original missions were random drops at relatively the same frequency and 2. You'll have plenty of time to complete all of them.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

hello internet posted:

Why do people still continue to complain about being locked out of doing more missions when 1. The original missions were random drops at relatively the same frequency and 2. You'll have plenty of time to complete all of them.

Because I want to tank this poo poo over the course of 2-3 days then die of exhaustion.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Why lock people out though? Who cares if someone wants to blast through and get all his rewards in 1 day. That frustrates no one while locking people out frustrates someone.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

31 ping

broken game for broken people

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
You can crouch peak from boost on cache and shoot and crouch again before being seen.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

kcer posted:

Why lock people out though? Who cares if someone wants to blast through and get all his rewards in 1 day. That frustrates no one while locking people out frustrates someone.

It would probably get pretty frustrating getting emails from people nonstop asking when the next operation is going to be when it's been out for a week.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

this game is loving poo poo and Valve's two interns working on this should be ashamed

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jeza posted:

A good player can easily carry despite a retarded team in CS, the same isn't true in DotA 2. If you have 4 feeders, one player isn't going to carry you through.

It's basically impossible to lose a game of Dota if you're smurfing because of sheer farm advantage.

But hey, if smurfs and cheaters were less of a problem in Dota and this feature still worked there, that's just another good reason to add it to CS.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
what is this scout thing people are posting pics of?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

lol played 2 rounds of casual to try out the new maps, on the second one I had a falchion case drop and well....

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Sitting Bull posted:

what is this scout thing people are posting pics of?

The thing they implemented to combat wall hackers by making things not appear unless close or having line of site is causing player models to pop in with a delay when in view. The example posted is showing someone jump scouting from top mid and the guy in the window is popping in

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
jump scouting is dumb anyways, long live this patch

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Carrier posted:

lol played 2 rounds of casual to try out the new maps, on the second one I had a falchion case drop and well....

Sell it quick before the fad fades and values for the new knife plummet.

Could get a lot of keys on the gray market, likely. Go to r/globaloffensivetrade

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
If this only occurs when jump-scouting then I'm ok with it. I really doubt that's the case and jump-peeking is a legit move in tons of situations.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Could get a lot of keys on the gray market, likely. Go to r/globaloffensivetrade

Dont get scammed. Let us know as soon as you get scammed.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Well i cant actually trade it for 8 days or whatever anyway

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

jump-scouting owns bones and if it was 'op' everyone would do it instead of awp so gently caress you.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

GreyPowerVan posted:

jump-scouting owns bones and if it was 'op' everyone would do it instead of awp so gently caress you.

i didn't say it was op i said it was dumb

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

down with slavery posted:

i didn't say it was op i said it was dumb

so is having perfect accuracy while being shot

so is having legs that continue working after being legged by an awp

x1000000

seriously csgo isnt about being realistic or not dumb.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

jump scouting is dumb.

But this effects regular jump-peeking as well and thats bad.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

x1000000

seriously csgo isnt about being realistic or not dumb.

your dumb to

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Those two first things aren't dumb, you piece of poo poo. You loving moron!

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
The warping is p noticeable at 90 ping, but that's about when all kinds of things start to appear to break soooo.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lonter posted:

Those two first things aren't dumb, you piece of poo poo. You loving moron!

whoa slow down cowboy

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Fight Fight Fight Fight

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
14 hours until my new mission?!?!?!?!?!?!! drat.

bpower posted:

Dont get scammed. Let us know as soon as you get scammed.

It's impossible to get scammed for anything other than cash transactions. Guy sends you trade offer with 500 keys for your knife, you look at it, accept, boom done. Super easy. Don't do cash transactions EVER.

Carrier posted:

Well i cant actually trade it for 8 days or whatever anyway

Oh right, that happens to case opened weapons now? drat son. Thought it was just market-bought items.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo it isnt just me, i thought i was losing my mind last night when i saw dudes literally disappearing/reappearing around corners

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Xenaero posted:

It's impossible to get scammed for anything other than cash transactions. Guy sends you trade offer with 500 keys for your knife, you look at it, accept, boom done. Super easy. Don't do cash transactions EVER.

If someone requests to use a middle man on a steam trade just screen cap the chat, post it to steam rep as an attempted scam. Some people will try to scam by saying steam trade offers can bug, trade offers never bug.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Carrier posted:

I'll never be this lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Regretting selling my case already

• Locked thread