Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Yes, very easily.

How exactly? Any deal he would make that the US could get their hands on would be tainted by association to him.

He could run it in theory, in practice, nobody in FIFA will want him to any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Though I admit it would be hilarious if the most popular sport continued to be ran by someone with federal charges waiting for him in the United States of America.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

quote:

188. Subsequently, Co-Conspirator #1 (i.e. chuck blazer) learned from the defendant JACK WARNER that high-ranking officials of FIFA, the South African government, and the South African bid committee, including Co-Conspirator #16, were prepared to arrange for the government of South Africa to pay $10 million to CFU to “support the African diaspora.” Co-Conspirator #1 understood the offer to be in exchange for the agreement of WARNER, Co-Conspirator #1, and Co-Conspirator #17 to all vote for South Africa, rather than Morocco, to host the 2010 World Cup. At the time, Co-Conspirator #17, like WARNER and Co-Conspirator #1, was a FIFA executive committee member. WARNER indicated that he had accepted the offer and told Co-Conspirator #1 that he would give a $1 million portion of the $10 million payment to Co-Conspirator #1.

189. In FIFA’s executive committee vote held on May 15, 2004, South Africa was selected over Morocco and Egypt to host the 2010 World Cup. The defendant JACK WARNER, Co-Conspirator #1, and Co-Conspirator #17 indicated that they voted for South Africa.

190. In the months and years after the vote, Co-Conspirator #1 periodically asked WARNER about the status of the $10 million payment.

191. At one point, Co-Conspirator #1 learned that the South Africans were unable to arrange for the payment to be made directly from government funds. Arrangements were thereafter made with FIFA officials to instead have the $10 million sent from FIFA – using funds that would otherwise have gone from FIFA to South Africa to support the World Cup - to CFU.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder how much it factored in that this would piss off the Russians

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
FIFA Corruption and Blatter megathread: USA DO IT JEW

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lmao its not gone well

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Yes, very easily.

That's really weird, I would have expected the president of an organization like FIFA to be required to be present at various administrative meetings and the like.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

That's amazing and hilarious.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
should have kept reading lol:

quote:

199. Co-Conspirator #1 never received the balance of the promised $1 million payment.

helps explain why he was so willing to roll on these guys i guess

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

triple sulk posted:

"This is the World Cup of Fraud and we're giving FIFA a red card" lmao :stoke:
This is better than Christmas holy poo poo

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

How exactly? Any deal he would make that the US could get their hands on would be tainted by association to him.

He could run it in theory, in practice, nobody in FIFA will want him to any more.

the only people who want him NOW are the tiny African nations who get loads of free watchesimean football pitches for kids and amateurs. The entire way the organisation is run is to keep him in position - anyone who runs against him suddenly finds they have no friends.

We're talking about an organisation which gives San Marino (population under 40, 000 with a national team made up of electricians and binmen or something) the same power as Germany (population 80 million, current World Cup holders).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

John Oliver was right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

You don't even watch football do you

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope Blatter grows a beard and starts running FIFA by courier from Waziristan.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I hope Blatter grows a beard and starts running FIFA by courier pigeon from Waziristan.
ftfy

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

quote:

215. On May 10, 2011, Co-Conspirator #7 addressed the [CFU] member associations regarding his candidacy, stating, among other things, that he was seeking their support in the June 1, 2011 FIFA presidential election. Following Co-Conspirator #7’s address, the defendant JACK WARNER advised the CFU officials that they could pick up a “gift” that afternoon at a conference room in the hotel.

216. During the afternoon of May 10, 2011, certain CFU officials, including an official of one of the member associations of a United States territory (“Official #1”), went to the appointed conference room, as directed by the defendant JACK WARNER. The officials were instructed by CFU staff members in the room to enter the room one at a time. Inside the room, CFU staff handed each official an envelope bearing the name of the member association that he represented. Inside each envelope was $40,000 in United States currency.

217. Prior to entering the conference room, Official #1 was advised that he must enter alone, and could not be accompanied by any other officials from his delegation. Upon receiving his envelope, Official #1 was directed by CFU staff to open it while in the conference room. Official #1 was further instructed not to discuss the payment with anyone.

218. The following day, May 11, 2011, the defendant JACK WARNER convened a meeting of the CFU officials prior to the scheduled start time. At the meeting WARNER stated that the U.S. currency the members had received was from Co-Conspirator #7, and that WARNER had advised Co-Conspirator #7 to allow CFU staff to distribute the money so that it would not “even remotely appear that anybody has any obligation for your vote because of what gift you have given them.” WARNER further stated that a representative of one of the CFU member associations had contacted CONCACAF offices in New York to advise Co-Conspirator #1 of the payments. WARNER was angry that the representative had done this. WARNER stated, “There are some people here who think they are more pious than thou. If you’re pious, open a church, friends. Our business is our business.”

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wonder how much it factored in that this would piss off the Russians

everything the US has done for the past 60 years has been to piss off the Russians

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Try 100 years. Russian Civil War.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Co-conspirator #7 must be Mohammed Bin Hammam

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
"Now if you feel that left behind, need to get up and go to church." - Jack Warner

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

chuggo is BACK posted:

*looks at world cup bids* yeah, Qatar...Qatar is the greatest

Yeah RICO what, what a surprise

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

#7 has to be bin hammam then

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

atomic gog posted:

Yeah RICO what, what a surprise

y'all execs had enough, gimme some mo

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/603615037656272896
BREAKING: UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, may boycott congress.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

today has been a good day

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

BREAKING: UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, may boycott congress.

l m a o

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
yeah 7 is hammam

quote:

51. At various times relevant to the Indictment, Co-Conspirator #7 was a high-ranking official of FIFA and AFC, the regional confederation representing much of Asia.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Ceterum censeo FIFA esse delendam

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

I came, thanks.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Platini sees his name written in the big lights, he's getting horned up, and he loves it

:vince:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Darth Platini senses weakness, an opportunity to strike down his master and take his place

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

yes Yes

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

WOO YEAH UEFA FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9LUNB-JsM

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Michel is gonna own these freakin FIFtards

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this day just keeps giving

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

chuggo is BACK posted:

y'all execs had enough, gimme some mo

Hey Sepp where the green at, gimme some mo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
How corrupt is Michel Platini, on the Blatter scale? .8 Blatters?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say ... kill em all!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hope these FIFA guys have enough money to pay for good lawyers.