Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dv8
May 25, 2015

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Welcome! Finally someone around my age!

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Wait. There are other people born in the 70s here?!?

Me:

I am aware that I needed a shave at the time. I had a few days off work, I let it slide. Forgive me. For some reason, this pic looks like I am trying to feature the fact that I'm wearing a seatbelt. So - safety first, kids!

And as per usual in Goon pic threads, there are some totes adorbs girls here. I'm looking at YOU, GunChicka, batheinblood and the bird lady. :love: :allears: :love:

yeah I said 'totes adorbs' SO?!??

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

HaB posted:

Me:

I am aware that I needed a shave at the time. I had a few days off work, I let it slide. Forgive me. For some reason, this pic looks like I am trying to feature the fact that I'm wearing a seatbelt. So - safety first, kids!

And as per usual in Goon pic threads, there are some totes adorbs girls here. I'm looking at YOU, GunChicka, batheinblood and the bird lady. :love: :allears: :love:

Totes nothin' wrong with that!

Here's a blurry ambush-style selfie of the wife and I!. We were reading in bed and I surprised her with my camera. :3

taint toucher has a new favorite as of 16:13 on May 17, 2018

dv8
May 25, 2015

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.

HaB posted:

Me:

Yep! Geriatric Crew ftw. Haha.

As far as apologizing for your facial hair...Nothing wrong with it at all. The more the better, imo. Mustaches however should remain on Tom Selleck...and only on Tom Selleck...along with his OP (Ocean Pacific, not Original Poster) corduroy short-shorts.

I bet the Magnum PI theme song is playing in your head now ;)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Geriatric 70's Crew represent!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

10 Beers posted:

Do you bathe in formol or drink maiden's blood? What's the secret of eternal youth and who did you kill for it?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Do you bathe in formol or drink maiden's blood? What's the secret of eternal youth and who did you kill for it?

Haha, thanks! I just turned 37 last week.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Haha, thanks! I just turned 37 last week.

37 crew represent!
:hfive:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

dv8 posted:

As far as apologizing for your facial hair...Nothing wrong with it at all. The more the better, imo. Mustaches however should remain on Tom Selleck...and only on Tom Selleck...along with his OP (Ocean Pacific, not Original Poster) corduroy short-shorts.

I bet the Magnum PI theme song is playing in your head now ;)

Oh I routinely have facial hair, but I rock that "all over 5 o clock shadow" look usually since I can't grow a beard. What's in that pic is "5 o'clock shadow + 3 days" which just looks...shaggy and not great. I had a mustache not too long ago, was a full-on horseshoe - worn with no sense of irony.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lotta olds itt

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dv8 posted:

:corsair:

Just how late in the 70s counts as geriatric?

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Rap squats in the blue bonnets. God bless.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

dv8 posted:

I may have been born in the early 70's but I don't dress like it on a daily basis just in case you're like, "wtf"? with my outfit. Every year I hold a huge themed NYE party with all of my friends; we brought in 2015 with everything from The Bee Gees classic tight, gold track suits to maroon Sergio Valenti bell bottoms; food, drinks and music were also 70's related.

My best friend and I:

My 70's attire:

Love the dress, and honestly I would have pegged you for being in your mid, maybe late twenties :psyduck:

10 Beers posted:

And you too!!!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Love the dress, and honestly I would have pegged you for being in your mid, maybe late twenties :psyduck:
And you too!!!

G.I.Joe, Jem cartoons and Honey Nut Cheerios preserved us nicely.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

VendaGoat posted:

Artificial preservatives in general really. Back then - it was red food coloring that was going to kill us all.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Jim the Nickel posted:

where's the cracks

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

HaB posted:

Artificial preservatives in general really. Back then - it was red food coloring that was going to kill us all.

Oh man I spent my childhood being harangued by my mother about not consuming anything with red #40 in it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

37 crew represent!
:hfive:
Is 17 close enough to be a part of these festivities?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

UltraVariant posted:

Is 17 close enough to be a part of these festivities?

do you remember the Bee Gees?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Also, copious amounts of alcohol. We're all basically pickled.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

And you too!!!
Thanks! :tipshat:

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 27, 2015

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

10 Beers posted:

Also, copious amounts of alcohol. We're all basically pickled.

The truth hurts

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

where's the cracks

:lol: My first thought exactly.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

syscall girl posted:

The truth hurts

Nah. The alcohol numbs the pain. :cheers:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm 33, so I think I should get to be a part of the old-timers party.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Well gently caress, if 33 and over counts, I'm in (1980, representing).

But we have to be done by 10, I've got work in the morning.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
it's like a retirement home in here

Just kidding, you all aged pretty well (also I'm 28)

dv8
May 25, 2015

10 Beers posted:

Geriatric4Lyfe

HaB posted:

Oh I routinely have facial hair, but I rock that "all over 5 o clock shadow" look usually since I can't grow a beard. What's in that pic is "5 o'clock shadow + 3 days" which just looks...shaggy and not great. I had a mustache not too long ago, was a full-on horseshoe - worn with no sense of irony.

Horseshoe stache? As in Paul Teutul Sr. stache?

RFC2324 posted:

Just how late in the 70s counts as geriatric?

Hmmm, how about 1975??? The big Four Oh claims them this year.

On second thought... I think the 30-somethings in here should be a part of the Geriatric Crew, too.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Mid to late twenties you say??? Can I keep you!!!???!!! Haha! Thank you very much.

I got my dress at this cute, crammed and overloaded costume rental shop independently owned by an elderly woman who reminds me of Professor Trelawney in Harry Potter. The variety of costumes for all occasions are amazing there. I love chatting with her, she's so sweet and bat-poo poo crazy.

HaB posted:

Big shout out to Pop Rocks

dv8
May 25, 2015

casual poster posted:

it's like a retirement home in here

You're still young; the corns on my feet need filing. JK ;)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

casual poster posted:

I've probably aged the best since I haven't aged at all. :downs:

Also, random work photo from Saturdayish. You'd be surprised at how slow business is at a pool before Memorial Day, even though it was easily 80 and sunny.

symbolic has a new favorite as of 23:07 on May 27, 2015

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

casual poster posted:

Those of us who haven't aged well don't post our photos (conceived in the 70s, born in 80).

Plus I just had my 35 birthday so naturally I shaved all my hair off in a Britney Spears style mental breakdown.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I turn 50 this year. And I still post here. loving kids get off my inter tubes. Too ashamed to post pics due to, well you can imagine how I stack up

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

Those of us who haven't aged well don't post our photos (conceived in the 70s, born in 80).

Plus I just had my 35 birthday so naturally I shaved all my hair off in a Britney Spears style mental breakdown.

In my area, this is par for the women. Then at 40 they all seem to get boob jobs. Not comically oversized or anything, just enough that you can tell.

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice
Yep, 1970s here too.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Darth123123 posted:

I turn 50 this year. And I still post here. loving kids get off my inter tubes. Too ashamed to post pics due to, well you can imagine how I stack up

Isn't there a goon who's like 70 or something and had a gbs thread a while back? Is he the oldest member?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Jim the Nickel posted:

its the rear end crack guy!!!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

where's the cracks

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Darth123123 posted:

pffft just post pics anyways it's all good

Here's me enjoying my 25th high school reunion at the Ontario Science Center, as a 45 year old geezer
eldest daughter is to the right

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Darth123123 posted:

Pfft. Did that last year.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

37 for two more weeks. 20 year high school reunion this summer eek!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tochiazuma posted:

pffft just post pics anyways it's all good

Here's me enjoying my 25th high school reunion at the Ontario Science Center, as a 45 year old geezer
eldest daughter is to the right

You would make a great Abraham Lincoln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm the only person under 50 at my work, and getting very tired of being the brunt of all the "You loving kids these days" jabs. I'm 34 for crying out loud.