Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

Every episode features Scott and so is worth your stupid time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

freeipods posted:

This for me is the reason why only a select few are worth my stupid time

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Agreed. Guys been doing this what, six years now? and he still is a TERRIBLE interviewer. Hey scott... you havent been on the radio in five years, stop resetting after every break...

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

freeipods posted:

ummmm actually episode 4 is hosted by Chris Hardwick and doesn't have Scott.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
That ep isn't canon though.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Also Ep 38 hosted by PFT with the Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. It's one of the funnier early episodes.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

the bernie sanders percentages got old before the first joke was finished

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

caveman thug poo poo posted:

Listen to every episode of CBB you motherfucker or else you won't be able to complain about how bad any particular episode is and you'll feel left of sweet deep cuts

I heard that you had anger issues, Mr. Tompkins, but I never imagined I'd see one of your outbursts on the forums. To be fair I'm probably misreading what you mean by deep cuts.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

Also Ep 38 hosted by PFT with the Superego guys and Kaitlin Olson. It's one of the funnier early episodes.

It's one of the best episodes in the pantheon of CDR/CBB imo, even given the interminable clip of PFT singing a Smiths song

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Cyber Thug takeover with bobby bottleservice and jerry oconnell is hilarious

"No disrespect but I don't respect you"

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I like the cyber thug ep where his friend went to county and half the episode is scott asking the guy real questions about jail.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
"No offense but you have very beautiful big naturals."

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Thoogsby posted:

The opening song alone is worth the price of admission.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Agreed. Guys been doing this what, six years now? and he still is a TERRIBLE interviewer. Hey scott... you havent been on the radio in five years, stop resetting after every break...

Loved Scott getting a little annoyed with PFT for breaking down his interview style on the recent episode with Joe Wengert and Weird Al. "He introduces a very interesting person, with interesting discussion, then he immediately derails it by asking the other people who he's already spoken to what they think..."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 27, 2015

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Is it just me or does there seem to be an influx of humorless people in this thread and the Earwolf one? It used to be barely tolerable.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I agree. In the last couple of month's there seems to have been an uptick in the number of posters who insist on letting everyone know what/who they don't think is funny.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Is it just me or does there seem to be an influx of humorless people in this thread and the Earwolf one? It used to be barely tolerable.

Speak on that.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I'm pretty sure you exclusively post when someone doesn't like something you like in the way you like it as discourse cop here to save us.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
What happened to cyber thug? I seem to recall being really sad he never did a full show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Didn't they do a couple of paid-for specials?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Part of the deal of signing up on the Earwolf roster was giving scott and that other guy ownership of the characters. They weren't cool with that and couldnt work it out so the show died.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Evil Agita posted:

Part of the deal of signing up on the Earwolf roster was giving scott and that other guy ownership of the characters. They weren't cool with that and couldnt work it out so the show died.

Isn't this a complete rumor that Jerry refuted in a blog post or something?

EDIT: I was thinking of this, which is basically the opposite of what I said.

http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/6330-issues-with-new-cyber-thug-radio/

I still don't think that Earwolf retains rights to any characters from the shows they run.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 27, 2015

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Earwolf has the rights to use the contents of its shows to promote itself and sell merchandise. They can sell a "Knifegrab" T-shirt but they don't have any ownership of the character Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Did anyone get their Harris memorial shirts? Because it still says they're in the pre-order stage, but it has been a while.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Beeez posted:

Did anyone get their Harris memorial shirts? Because it still says they're in the pre-order stage, but it has been a while.

I got my motherfuckers wanna laugh tshirt like 2 months ago

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Beeez posted:

I got both shirts like a week or two after ordering them.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Wow, I wonder what happened to mine.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Thoogsby posted:

Earwolf has the rights to use the contents of its shows to promote itself and sell merchandise. They can sell a "Knifegrab" T-shirt but they don't have any ownership of the character Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Does andrew lloyd webber have an earwolf show? I totally missed this

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He (was) a frequent guest on CBB.And being a guest? That's content.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mr. Squishy posted:

That doesn't sound familiar. Are you maybe thinking of Mike the Janitor?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

So do they make guests sign contracts? Curious

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I feel like we've been over this a million times. I think the problem was more no one was buying their premium podcast.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure ear wolf owns the shows and can use content from them in terms of merch, promotion, and maybe other stuff but they don't own ip, like they can sell VERY scary shirts but they don't own the concept of pluralizing things incorrectly in the context of describing times you met Kobe Brian.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

& the cyber thug specials were one time fee work for hire as confirmed by that Jeff Ulrich post so earwolf for sure owns those.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

& the cyber thug specials were one time fee work for hire as confirmed by that Jeff Ulrich post so earwolf for sure owns those.

Yeah I'd never seen that Ulrich post before, that kinda settles it. I was going off that old rear end miles archer post where he was bitching about them

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

JethroMcB posted:

Loved Scott getting a little annoyed with PFT for breaking down his interview style on the recent episode with Joe Wengert and Weird Al. "He introduces a very interesting person, with interesting discussion, then he immediately derails it by asking the other people who he's already spoken to what they think..."

What time is this in the episode?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Analytic Engine posted:

What time is this in the episode?

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-ying-and-the-yankovic/

44:30 for a good start to the bit, 46:00 for the actual line.

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

I haven't finished the episode yet but does anybody else find it strange how... unsentimental Reggie seems about leaving the television series? Scott even jokingly asks him if Reggie misses him at one point and Reggie doesn't say he does. I'm positive his apparent callousness is probably just awkwardness or whatever but I was expecting a lot more "I'm really sad to be leaving" type talk.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You know they're not really best friends like they play on the show right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Reggie doesn't seem particularly excited about his new gig, either. I think he's just not that kind of guy.