Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i won't be interested in ck2 unless they announce they're removing all the stupid bullshit (india, charlemagne, tribals etc.) and making everything that's left work properly, so never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That won't happen since the ck2 devs have the most severe case of Swedish FEMA AIDS in existence.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BBJoey posted:

i won't be interested in ck2 unless they announce they're removing all the stupid bullshit (india, charlemagne, tribals etc.) and making everything that's left work properly, so never.
"Nah, man, cool new features, more cool new features!" - Doomdark

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still mad that they want to port the College of Cardinals mechanics to the Norse Flkyriate. I don't think they understand that the only reason people like playing the Norse is because they have the pseudo-Caliphate. It's like they're balancing the game around the retarded roleplayer types or something, and removing/breaking fun things in the process

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm still mad that they want to port the College of Cardinals mechanics to the Norse Flkyriate. I don't think they understand that the only reason people like playing the Norse is because they have the pseudo-Caliphate. It's like they're balancing the game around the retarded roleplayer types or something, and removing/breaking fun things in the process

I think that retard made that in his spare time.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

BBJoey posted:

Can't you just like, disable those DLCs? Also what's wrong with all those? I'm new to the scene and don't really know much. I had fun playing as a Finnish tribal and losing all my lands with succession.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SnowblindFatal posted:

Can't you just like, disable those DLCs? Also what's wrong with all those? I'm new to the scene and don't really know much. I had fun playing as a Finnish tribal and losing all my lands with succession.

disabling the india dlc only disables your ability to play as india, it's still tied into every part of the game and makes it run way worse while not mattering at all if youre on the complete other side of the map

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SnowblindFatal posted:

It makes the game run even more insanely sluggish in the lategame, for one. Also the tribal stuff just serves to make playing almost all of the old interesting starts insanely boring and adds almost nothing for it.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

It makes the game run even more insanely sluggish in the lategame, for one. Also the tribal stuff just serves to make playing almost all of the old interesting starts insanely boring and adds almost nothing for it.

I never played CK2 without the tribal DLCs. What changed?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SnowblindFatal posted:

I never played CK2 without the tribal DLCs. What changed?

Pretty much everyone outside of the 'core' muslim/european areas is now a tribal ruler in a tribal holding, which means they have insanely lovely troops and income for generations. On the 'bright' side, you can get lovely troop stacks for the cost of some prestige, and you can choose to reform yourself into a republic. Unfortunately there's seemingly no way to do stuff like change your capital holding and thus government type. SO you get stuff like taking lots of territory as a tribal Muslim, grant a vassal a county that has a temple, and then they become feudal and hate your guts.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

The last time I played CK2 was when Sons of Abraham came out. I tried it around new year, but that levy bug made me shelve it and forget about it. I really want to get into CK2 again, but everything I hear is a big wet fart. And the devs aren't helping.

Stoked for EU4 tho, it's just getting better and better.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Disco Infiva posted:

The last time I played CK2 was when Sons of Abraham came out. I tried it around new year, but that levy bug made me shelve it and forget about it. I really want to get into CK2 again, but everything I hear is a big wet fart. And the devs aren't helping.

Stoked for EU4 tho, it's just getting better and better.

The devs are being really fail. I get that most of the team is on EU4/HOI4 anyway but it's really tiring watch them just go :smugdog: I never had this problem, so it doesn't exist type poo poo.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Man when EU4 was struggling at release I was sure I would be sticking with CK2 for forever but the reverse has now happened.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Like right now EU4 is better than EU3 was after all expansions (which took uh.. gently caress I dunno forever) imho.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i think its because the EU 4 dlc just improves whats already there for the most part, where as the CK2 dlc grafts crap onto the game that it wasnt made to handle turning it into the worlds shittiest frankenstien monster.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

i think its because the EU 4 dlc just improves whats already there for the most part, where as the CK2 dlc grafts crap onto the game that it wasnt made to handle turning it into the worlds shittiest frankenstien monster.

This. EU4 DLC adds new features too, but when it does it's in line with stuff that was already there. Like replacing seemingly-random event chains with the Disasters, overseas modifier/lots of the -everything on a province events with autonomy, etc. Also it's actually gotten ease-of-use features like the army and navy templates. CK2 still doesn't even have a button to 'raise all possible levies and converge them here' button or anything.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

Like right now EU4 is better than EU3 was after all expansions (which took uh.. gently caress I dunno forever) imho.

EU3 was such a broken mess I don't think it can be called a game. I still have tons of hours logged into it though

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Larry Parrish posted:

This. EU4 DLC adds new features too, but when it does it's in line with stuff that was already there. Like replacing seemingly-random event chains with the Disasters, overseas modifier/lots of the -everything on a province events with autonomy, etc. Also it's actually gotten ease-of-use features like the army and navy templates. CK2 still doesn't even have a button to 'raise all possible levies and converge them here' button or anything.

remember eu3's pirates

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

remember eu3's pirates
I never played EU3 but the pre-WoN pirates sucked rear end.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I never played EU3 but the pre-WoN pirates sucked rear end.

yep, that was them. admittedly it was pretty funny when the AI hosed up and 60 pirate heavy ships piled up in a Canada sea zone or s/t

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

yep, that was them. admittedly it was pretty funny when the AI hosed up and 60 pirate heavy ships piled up in a Canada sea zone or s/t

sometimes i get nostalgia about pirates and in nomine's weird rear end broken mechanics

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-audacity-of-hope-an-iroquois-in-aar.384744/

so good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Never has 'I set the game on 5 speed for 200 years' been so riveting.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lmao if you're not at speed 5 whenever not at war

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

lmao if you're not at speed 5 whenever not at war

If I'm not at war, I'm at speed 5 quick clicking all the pop-ups about some OPM across the world having the peasants' war or my 20 light ships arriving at the rally point since I last edited my message settings. (I don't want to miss the tactical maneuvers I'm making.)

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
new dev diary. apparently you'll have the option to force your colonial nations to declare war on their neighbors, which seems like it'll be a fiddly thing to keep track of for ' ' 'optimal expansion' ' '. (also sounds like it'll speed colonization up, and colonization is too fast already!)

generally very unsure how I feel about all these vassal/protectorate/etc interactions.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

new dev diary. apparently you'll have the option to force your colonial nations to declare war on their neighbors, which seems like it'll be a fiddly thing to keep track of for ' ' 'optimal expansion' ' '. (also sounds like it'll speed colonization up, and colonization is too fast already!)

generally very unsure how I feel about all these vassal/protectorate/etc interactions.

the part where they give colonial nations a guaranteed CB against natives is a good thing, at least. it's so stupid when you see OPM Guarani or whatever buried 5 provinces deep in Brazil and they stay there till 1821.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

the part where they give colonial nations a guaranteed CB against natives is a good thing, at least. it's so stupid when you see OPM Guarani or whatever buried 5 provinces deep in Brazil and they stay there till 1821.

yeh

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
I can't really argue with pretty borders.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I can't really argue with pretty borders.

that you would consider arguing with them in the first place makes you highly suspect of being an undesirable

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

BBJoey posted:

that you would consider arguing with them in the first place makes you highly suspect of being an undesirable

the other day, my brother told me about his efforts to systemically remove the kurdish culture from the game. he was waiting to westernize and had excess diplo power, you see

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we should do an imp zone succession game, when teh new expansion comes out and has had its first week hotfixes or w.e, imo. some fun minor maybe.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't think I've ever done an eu4 SG. The last one I did was ck2 on badgame as dyre the stranger and a fucktarded polish idiot gave away Kiev on his turn and then it all fell apart.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No polacks here.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't think I've ever done an eu4 SG. The last one I did was ck2 on badgame as dyre the stranger and a fucktarded polish idiot gave away Kiev on his turn and then it all fell apart.

EU4 is p fast paced compared to CK2 I think but it could be cool. Alternatively we could do something silly like everyone plays Najd and tries to go for the Jihad achievement and we all post screenshots at the same time ingame. IDK.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ck2 is better for succession games because you can get creative with the characters.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ck2 is better for succession games because you can get creative with the characters.

I agree but honestly I don't want to play CK2 much lately because of the Gay poo poo that got added. I guess it's fine as long as you start from 1066 still.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

We did a few EU3 sgs as well. I dunno if you played any of those though. I think mostly weird mods though? Like we did North Sea Empire in MEIOU and crap.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

We did a few EU3 sgs as well. I dunno if you played any of those though. I think mostly weird mods though? Like we did North Sea Empire in MEIOU and crap.

I might have played an early turn of an eu3 game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'd be down. CK2 sounds bad just because of the late game slowdown