Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

I just thought of something, if you're a ROH fan who doesn't live in a Sinclare market, your watching the show on ROH.com. If there is going to be a week delay for DA, why wouldn't I just watch the show on The website?

I think the numbers for the WWE Network vs the amount of people still buying traditional PPV's at like 3 times the price have shown that a shocking number of people either don't want to watch wrestling off a website or don't have the bandwidth to do so. This has to be especially true for the people that are watching the Amish Hillbilly BBQ Renovation Fishmasters network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
lol mike calling out tna mecca, even better than BYE RYAN

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I like how every caller has actually answered Bryan's "how are you doing?". It's so drat awkward.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

I just thought of something, if you're a ROH fan who doesn't live in a Sinclare market, your watching the show on ROH.com. If there is going to be a week delay for DA, why wouldn't I just watch the show on The website?

A large amount of even the ROH fanbase won't watch poo poo online, as evidenced by the differences in ippv and conventional ppv buyrates. Even I who has no problem watchig online streams likes to catch the show on my local affiliate that airs it since the quality is better and I'm usually doing nothing at 12PM on a Sunday.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

As of now, the only people with access to the show online before it would be posted to the website are Ringside Subscribers. If you're not a Ringside Subscriber, the show doesn't post to the web until Thursday anyway.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I live in the same market as Bryan so we both get ROH TV at 1 a.m. on Friday. I normally just wait until it's posted online so I can watch it at a reasonable hour.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Dango Bango posted:

I like how every caller has actually answered Bryan's "how are you doing?". It's so drat awkward.

That's why I like the radio hosts who just simplify things by answering the phone with "You're on the air GO!"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When's the Breaking News audio supposed to go live? Is Dixie's conference call still going on?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Benne posted:

When's the Breaking News audio supposed to go live? Is Dixie's conference call still going on?

WOL ends at 4 so I'll suspect it'll be up about 5ish

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

He just got off the air on WOL and they've gotta record the thing, then post it, so I'm guessing like 5:30 or 6 considering it's probably going to run fairly long.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Benne posted:

Bryan said this will absolutely not be the case

They have a history of trying to meddle in TNA's creative and they're giving ROH money for programming. I don't see what substance there can possibly be to that claim beyond "they said they won't".

edit: Granted they're apparently giving ROH much less money than they are TNA.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Spermgod posted:

They have a history of trying to meddle in TNA's creative and they're giving ROH money for programming. I don't see what substance there can possibly be to that claim beyond "they said they won't".

it's also different when you are buying tapes of a show already being produced for syndication elsewhere than producing a show for your channel exclusively

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Spermgod posted:

They're just buying the tapes.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

there is a big difference between buying a program that's exclusive to your station that's far more expensive than anything else you run and being the basic cable syndication partner of a show that's already being produced for other stations. It's not inconceivable that it could happen down the road but it's a lot less likely.

edit:beaten

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
oh right, ok

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Benne posted:

Is Dixie's conference call still going on?

"TNA is not going out of business. We'll all be fine. Don't believe the rumors.

... There, that outta hold those little SOBs."

"... uhh Ms Carter we're still on speakerphone."

"Well son of a... "(CLICK)

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Dave hinted that WWE is talking to other guys with the possibility of getting deals similar to Joe/Rhyno. Has anybody heard any possible names?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigRed0427 posted:

Unless you pay you can't watch the show until Thursday and people still like watching stuff on TV more than the internet anyway.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BigRed0427 posted:

I can only speak for myself, but the fact that there wasn't a central time we could do a GDT for ROH shows meant that I eventually just stopped watching, because as much as I enjoyed the show and despite the fact I could watch it whenever I wanted, there just wasn't any impetus for me to watch.

Now that it's on a set night at a set time, I can (hopefully) put aside that time to watch ROH, which is pretty great because I always enjoy watching ROH and wish I did it more often.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I can only speak for myself, but the fact that there wasn't a central time we could do a GDT for ROH shows meant that I eventually just stopped watching, because as much as I enjoyed the show and despite the fact I could watch it whenever I wanted, there just wasn't any impetus for me to watch.

Now that it's on a set night at a set time, I can (hopefully) put aside that time to watch ROH, which is pretty great because I always enjoy watching ROH and wish I did it more often.

Pretty much.

If I don't watch something when it airs I put it off until I'm way behind. Maybe Challenge can pick up ROH once TNA is dead.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I currently watch ROH on Thursdays well after a lot of people see it on Saturdays. I'm stoked to have the opportunity to watch great wrestling 16 hours earlier on a much bigger screen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

Dave hinted that WWE is talking to other guys with the possibility of getting deals similar to Joe/Rhyno. Has anybody heard any possible names?

I don't even know who would be left after you discount guys with ROH, TNA or Lucha Underground contracts. It would be sweet as gently caress if Ricochet could come in over the summer while Lucha is on hiatus.

The only name I can think of that would make sense is Roddy. He's not under contract anywhere and he lives in Tampa.

Maybe Aries? I know his contract is up soon with TNA.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't even know who would be left after you discount guys with ROH, TNA or Lucha Underground contracts. It would be sweet as gently caress if Ricochet could come in over the summer while Lucha is on hiatus.

The only name I can think of that would make sense is Roddy. He's not under contract anywhere and he lives in Tampa.

Maybe Aries? I know his contract is up soon with TNA.

I saw Roddy at an indie show in London this past weekend and the buzz there was that this was a sort of European victory lap before he goes to NXT. Obviously rumours from people in the crowd doesn't mean much, but I heard it a couple of times there

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i dunno where any of them heard that

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I know he had a NXT tryout a while ago and impressed some people, but Dave said on a podcast when his terrific work on the NJPW/ROH tour was discussed something along the lines of that he was trying to impress NJPW/Gedo and convince them to give him a shot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Thauros posted:

I know he had a NXT tryout a while ago and impressed some people, but Dave said on a podcast when his terrific work on the NJPW/ROH tour was discussed something along the lines of that he was trying to impress NJPW/Gedo and convince them to give him a shot.

That seems to be the focus of ROH guys right now, impress Gedo when the NJPW guys come over and hope to get booked on a New Japan tour.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

epitasis posted:

i dunno where any of them heard that

No idea. I wouldn't have mentioned it except the subject came up and I remembered I'd heard it mentioned. But yeah, crowd rumours don't mean much and like the guys above said NJPW seems like a much more likely goal

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
WWE officials were impressed with Roderick Strong's speaking ability.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Bryan on the breaking audio call having all the scoops and correcting Dave was unexpected!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Now that I think about, it makes a shitload of sense for the Bucks to be on one of those deals. They get a nice reliable payday in the U.S. without the hectic travel of the main roster and they could still work PWG and other indies.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Morrison?

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
An app that just, like, tells you when a new issue of the Observer is out so you don't have to keep refreshing the page like a dweeb all the time.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

New Attitude Era podcast, it's Heatwave 98. No Billy :( I feel like they're not going to like it

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Smoking Crow posted:

New Attitude Era podcast, it's Heatwave 98. No Billy :( I feel like they're not going to like it

It's strange having this come up so soon after hearing OSW cover it, it's like the opposite universe. One is like, "I really like Justin credible, shame he never caught on." And OSW is all "another knob end in a t shirt and jorts, take a hike you knacker."

And the pearl clutching can be a bit much at times. It's supposed to be juvenile and in your face lads.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
If the AE podcast has a flaw it's that they're far too easily offended by things that happened 15 years ago.

Also, Todd Martin had loving NOTHING to offer on Review-A-Wai this week. They seem to have the worst pick of special guests.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

dsriggs posted:

Also, Todd Martin had loving NOTHING to offer

You don't say

The only guest I've ever liked on Review-A-Way is Damian Abraham, he brings an energy that the show lacks.

Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
Holy poo poo this new Observer is EPIC.

Big Dave Meltzer posted:

gently caress TNA as a staff, record label, and as a motherfuckin' crew. And if you wanna be down with TNA, gently caress you too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This is so sad to read.

Oh TNA, never change.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
dave is out for blood lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

There is nothing on earth better than a pissed off Dave Meltzer

• Locked thread