Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

mikemil828 posted:

FIFA has provisionally banned the guys indicted from all soccer activities.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/fifa-corruption-live-updates/

“The charges are clearly related to football and are of such a serious nature that it was imperative to take swift and immediate action,” said Hans-Joachim Eckert, the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of the FIFA ethics committee. “The proceedings will follow their course in line with the FIFA code of ethics.

Idioms concerning closing doors and horses leaving come to mind.

Thank goodness FIFA rooted out the corruption and can go about their business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Polidoro posted:

Unless you meant Figueredo in which case they already got him. He also commited fraud in his American residency and dodged taxes in the US. He's hosed.
He's the one that's going lose his US citizenship right? Good riddance.

RALF posted:

Anyone know of any good articles/books/documentaries about this, i.e. the NY crime family takedowns? That sounds cool as heck.

Wikipedia will fill in you on the boring details. I've read a few mafia autobiographies/biographies which go into the destruction of Italian OC and it's pretty crazy stuff. Basically anyone in America who was cognizant during the 90s remembers those indictments and trials and it's why people knew FIFA were hosed when it was announced they were getting RICOed.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

ayb posted:

Thank goodness FIFA rooted out the corruption and can go about their business

Eckert was involved in the Michael Garcia investigation somehow, iirc. I drank away most of those memories.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

oh so you gonna switch it on em?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
i hope the ex-head of the peruvian FA gets hosed in the rear end and spends some sweet time in jail. gently caress that oval office

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mdemone posted:

Look, we convict people. It's what we do. We freed the slaves and still left an amendment in the
constitution that allows us to enslave convicts.

Never let it be said that America can't find a motherfucker guilty. Blatter is a walking dead man.

"we"? You didn't do any of that you stupid gently caress

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
help i can't tell the difference between idiot americans and clever trolls anymore

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcisg9Ug_MA

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
after getting the ales in i treated my mates to a chinkys and got more beers in ftw

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Americans better deliver this time. I still can't believe they lied to us about WMDs and then about torturing people at a secret CIA black site at Stare Kiejkuty. Allegedly.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
wrong
thread

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

corn in the fridge posted:

"we"? You didn't do any of that you stupid gently caress

I like how you thought you had to remind me I wasn't around in the late 19th century.

A lot of us Americans hate ourselves even more than you guys hate us, so on the increasingly rare occasion where we do a good thing, you gotta let us relish it a little. :negative:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Loretta Lynch really started her term off right, goddamn.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mackintosh posted:

Americans better deliver this time. I still can't believe they lied to us about WMDs and then about torturing people at a secret CIA black site at Stare Kiejkuty. Allegedly.

Most of us americans are still really pissed about that poo poo to, and while we couldn't give two shits about soccer we loving love going after mafias.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

mdemone posted:

I like how you thought you had to remind me I wasn't around in the late 19th century.

A lot of us Americans hate ourselves even more than you guys hate us, so on the increasingly rare occasion where we do a good thing, you gotta let us relish it a little. :negative:

If Blatter doesnt do jail time I will never forgive America.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mackintosh posted:

We have black sites in our own cities, lying to the world is small potatoes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:captainpop:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Pissflaps posted:

If Blatter doesnt do jail time I will never forgive America.

Same. This is their last chance.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

mdemone posted:

I like how you fail to grasp the gravity of having an extraterritorial secret black site where you torture people on Polish soil.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

advanced statsman posted:

concept by my buddy chuck

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mdemone posted:

us Americans

lol

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Seltzer posted:

He's the one that's going lose his US citizenship right? Good riddance.

Yeah, he claimed to be senile to avoid taking an English exam and then claimed he hadn't worked for 5+ years while being the FIFA vice-president lol.

He never paid taxes while he was a "citizen" either so he's hosed.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Tell it brother! :hfive:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

mdemone posted:

Black site isn't a term of endearment!

Mods!!!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mackintosh posted:

I like how you fail to grasp the gravity of having an extraterritorial secret black site where you torture people on Polish soil.

Oh, I grasp it. You must have missed it earlier when I called us the most incompetent, malicious, greedy, and corrupt nation in world history.

Believe me, there are a lot of us who don't blame you at all for wanting us to be wiped from the face of the earth.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

A Winner is Jew posted:

New York Times has a good piece on who everyone is and how they fit into the organization.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...v=top-news&_r=0

Once they start to turn on Blatter (and they will) he's proper hosed.

One more thing, this is the first case for the new US AG so you can bet your rear end that this will not end well for anyone involved.
Heads are gonna roll and I can't wait for Brian Cox to play Blatter in the eventual movie.
:iceburn: We did it, a joke about soccer that didn't involve an American saying "offsides"

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Same. This is their last chance.

I'm concerned that this could end up being the greatest bottle job of all time.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mdemone posted:

everyone knows about your black sites because theyre constantly rioting

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Koesj posted:

Black site isn't a term of endearment!

Mods!!!

john terry - I was saying "I didn't call it a black site"

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

mdemone posted:

Oh, I grasp it. You must have missed it earlier when I called us the most incompetent, malicious, greedy, and corrupt nation in world history.

Believe me, there are a lot of us who don't blame you at all for wanting us to be wiped from the face of the earth.

You're not the most any of those things, and I don't even especially like America. Stop inciting genocide against your own nation to win D&D points you weirdo.

On the other hand, lol at the guy who thinks anyone gives two shits about the integrity of Poland, it's been the perfect site for doing your dirty business ever since one Mr. Hitler turned up in 1939.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

A Winner is Jew posted:

Most of us americans are still really pissed about that poo poo to, and while we couldn't give two shits about soccer we loving love going after mafias.

If you don't care about soccer this isn't the forum for you. If you're speaking collectively for all Americans you can go gently caress yourself.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
"Your black sites are choc ice" poland 2002

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmaoboy1998 posted:

You're not the most any of those things, and I don't even especially like America. Stop inciting genocide against your own nation to win D&D points you weirdo.

On the other hand, lol at the guy who thinks anyone gives two shits about the integrity of Poland, it's been the perfect site for doing your dirty business ever since one Mr. Hitler turned up in 1939.

lol just lol if you think Poland's problems started in 1939.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Can someone summarize what is going on in this thread? I'm lost.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Americans.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Europe is once again pissed that the US has come to it's rescue. :dukedog:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

A Winner is Jew posted:

Europe is once again pissed that the US has come to it's rescue. :dukedog:

Dont leave it to Russia to do the hard work this time please.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Debate and Discussion

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
The DND goons taking euro goons who only post about foot seriously is pretty priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

vyelkin posted:

lol just lol if you think Poland's problems started in 1939.

True, but I reckon the history of 'black sites' on Polish land may have peaked around that time