Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Insert name here posted:

Open up a solo game, type "enablecheats" into the console, then after you spawn in type "spawnzed clot" then clean up the wave. As long as you don't kill the clot you spawned in (which won't have AI so he just stands there) the wave won't end and you can run around and explore forever.

Rad, thanks!

EDIT: So like everything is destructible and there's some neat physics effects, particularly that the lanterns the children hold out in the garden will swing when hit. Also there was this

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Map is really pretty.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

The goon server I have favorited is empty. Is there another server people play on?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Lots of servers will be down until they apply the new update. Just FYI as this will probably happen a lot during SEA.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Just played Manor, it is indeed perfect in every way.

One thing I noticed, this sunroof:

I am 90% sure it's a symbol that was associated with the SS in some way, because I may have seen it in some WW2 documentary ages ago. If I'm right that's a nice touch. If some more historically inclined goon corrects me I suppose it's just a nice looking sunroof.

EDIT: Found it:It was on the floor of a castle Himmler liked

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 27, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
It was. It's got a history behind it, and I think someone said Hans actually has the symbol in his chest too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_%28occult_symbol%29

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

DarklyDreaming posted:

Just played Manor, it is indeed perfect in every way.

One thing I noticed, this sunroof:

I am 90% sure it's a symbol that was associated with the SS in some way, because I may have seen it in some WW2 documentary ages ago. If I'm right that's a nice touch. If some more historically inclined goon corrects me I suppose it's just a nice looking sunroof.

EDIT: Found it:It was on the floor of a castle Himmler liked

It's called the sunwheel/cross or solar cross or Odin' Cross. SS co-opted it like they did about 99% of their imagery.

"The Solar cross is probably the oldest religious symbol in the world, appearing in Asian, American, European, and Indian religious art from the dawn of history. Composed of a equal armed cross within a circle, it represents the solar calendar- the movements of the sun, marked by the solstices. Sometimes the equinoxes are marked as well, giving an eight armed wheel. The swastika is also a form of Solar cross.

The sun cross in its most simplified form (shown above) is known in Northern Europe as Odin’s cross, after the Chief God of the Norse pantheon. It is often used as an emblem by Asatruar, followers of the Norse religion. The word “cross” itself comes from the Old Norse word for this symbol: kros."

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Require More Fire posted:

Rad, thanks!

EDIT: So like everything is destructible and there's some neat physics effects, particularly that the lanterns the children hold out in the garden will swing when hit. Also there was this

this just takes the cake. i woke up my kid laughing. Can't wait to try this out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Support is definitely the class that benefits most from those first couple levels. The difference between level 0 and level 4 is just night and day.

I hit Support 2 and even just hitting 2 was a hugely noticeable difference. +50% penetration and going from 2 penetration to 3 penetration is a big deal.

Putting all the level 0 perks to their current level ~5 values and making them scale more slowly (so you wind up at roughly the same Level 25 values) would be cool imo. Let me equip a perk and immediately get a taste of what the class actually does for me, cause at level 0 the only reason to actually use a perk's weapons is to get XP for the class, instead of the class itself being cool. It'd also make the classes play more noticeably different - at level 0 a medic with a double barreled and an AA12 is going to be nearly identical to a level 0 support with a double barreled and an AA12.

Magres fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 27, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So yeah I like this map a lot better than the first two. It's better-designed and has a far more interesting aesthetic.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
The new map also manages to feel fuckhuge compared to the others. Possibly more efficient use of space? It's also more claustrophobic for sure.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Yup, new map is real good. It's a little overwhelming at first, but you start to find your way around after the second or third match. Someone said it feels like Amnesia and that feels pretty spot on.

http://gfycat.com/LastingUnkemptCassowary
http://gfycat.com/AdorableVigorousJoey

edit more:

http://gfycat.com/RepentantLavishChrysomelid
http://gfycat.com/ThickExcitableKoi <-- I love all of the colors in this one
http://gfycat.com/InferiorJollyAfricangoldencat

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 06:55 on May 27, 2015

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If there were just a mode where you ran around with an unlimited clip fighting endless zombie trash mobs and popped zed time every time you killed one, I doubt I'd ever get tired of that.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If there were just a mode where you ran around with an unlimited clip fighting endless zombie trash mobs and popped zed time every time you killed one, I doubt I'd ever get tired of that.
Same

call it zen bloody sandbox mode or something

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
New achievement: Disarmament - Knock away all the suits of armor's weapons without disturbing the suits themselves.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 31, 2022

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

splifyphus posted:

So, this dosh collectathon is basically just an excuse for Tripwire to make us marvel at their mapmaking skills, right?

Actually, their holiday maps in KF 1 had the same scavenger hunt stuff. Just in KF1, you had to get a certain amount of holiday achievements to unlock whatever character they made for said event. Halloween was the Grim Reaper, Christmas was Santa obviously, their latest one was some lab assistant.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

Actually, their holiday maps in KF 1 had the same scavenger hunt stuff. Just in KF1, you had to get a certain amount of holiday achievements to unlock whatever character they made for said event. Halloween was the Grim Reaper, Christmas was Santa obviously, their latest one was some lab assistant.

Actually it was the patriarch's daughter.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Actually it was the patriarch's daughter.

She wears a lab coat so my point still stands.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Abandoned Toaster posted:

It was. It's got a history behind it, and I think someone said Hans actually has the symbol in his chest too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_%28occult_symbol%29

now I want to see enemies from the 2009 Wolfenstein game to be ported into KF2 in a mod(maybe the weapons as well, cause that game had really satisfying weapons, only real weak point to it's arsenal is not having a Shotgun)

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The mansion definitely feels like the biggest map so far. The basement in particular is really disorienting at first. I didn't even know it had an exit into the garden until I stumbled on it running around outside. I also love the way the mansion proper has kind of a old but foreboding feel to it and then once you end up in the basement it's all :catstare:

There's a room down there with charts and plans for Gorefasts, and a forge to make their arm blades. That's super neato.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

The mansion definitely feels like the biggest map so far. The basement in particular is really disorienting at first. I didn't even know it had an exit into the garden until I stumbled on it running around outside. I also love the way the mansion proper has kind of a old but foreboding feel to it and then once you end up in the basement it's all :catstare:

There's a room down there with charts and plans for Gorefasts, and a forge to make their arm blades. That's super neato.

I hope TWI adds more specimen origins to the maps. I thought the Stalker lab in KF1's KF-Wyre was pretty cool.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The Scrake map should be a prestigious medical college without anything dark or unusual.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If Briar's quote list is for real, apparently we're getting a Single Action Army :ocelot:

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

If Briar's quote list is for real, apparently we're getting a Single Action Army :ocelot:

Source?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

toasterwarrior posted:

Make it a double single action army and I'm in.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Why do pubbies insist on fighting Hans in narrow tunnels :psyduck:

Yes let's fight the guy who spams grenades and death gas in tight areas where he can cover the entire place in murder :downs:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

New map is absolutely amazing. Incredible detail, great flow, really diverse and tense places to encounter and bottleneck Zeds. The medic nerfs are a bit TOO much though. I think not having the medic grenades stack at all is kind of horrible. If you drop all 5 of your grenades and your team still dies, that is really unsatisfying and kind of sucks and is unintuitive. Maybe they stacked too much in 1007, but they should still stack slightly IMHO. Making them not stack at all is no solution.

Looking forward to whatever new content comes down the pipe though! The two new characters alone have added at least another 30 hours of forthcoming fun for me.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Do medic darts stack from either the same medic or different ones? If so, then grenades should too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

toasterwarrior posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ Somebody hurry up and figure out how to macro chat text strings to a single key so I can spam "More than enough to kill anything that moves" at every shot.

New map is pretty sweet, I like all the little Nazi touches since it's supposed to be Hans' place, and the Gorefast 'origin' area is neat as hell. I bet once the full game is out the community is gonna come up with some amazing next level poo poo.

In other, giffier news:

A Siren tries to go all Michael Jordan on my rear end, DENIED
http://www.gfycat.com/WeakRegularJoey

My friend the Husk helping out where he can
http://www.gfycat.com/ReasonableLegalBlackcrappie

Putting the gore in Gorefast
http://www.gfycat.com/AstonishingOptimalFlatfish

Briefly joined some cheesy grinding map, this poor fucker can't even cheat right :ohdear:
http://gfycat.com/AptSlowDrongo

My friend the Husk helpinOH gently caress OH gently caress OH gently caress
http://www.gfycat.com/UnitedAmusingIchidna

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

COME ON AND SLAM! WELCOME TO THE JAM!

What do you use for your gifmaking? This game is rife with excellent gif opportunities and I would like to join in. Gotta say, the new, more robust gibs system is easily one of my favorite things they added for KF2.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Magres posted:

What do you use for your gifmaking? This game is rife with excellent gif opportunities.

Hey DJ, Turn it up-ARGH MY BLOODY EARS!

Takes No Damage posted:

Briefly joined some cheesy grinding map, this poor fucker can't even cheat right :ohdear:
http://gfycat.com/AptSlowDrongo
Now that's just impressive in it's incompetence :allears:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Magres posted:

What do you use for your gifmaking? This game is rife with excellent gif opportunities and I would like to join in. Gotta say, the new, more robust gibs system is easily one of my favorite things they added for KF2.

If you dump a video clip shorter than 15 seconds into Gfycat the website turns it into an HTML gif automagically. I have my AMD Raptr set to record 10 second long clips whenever I press control+/ then I just drag and drop those into gfycat.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Takes No Damage posted:

They really need to fix whatever's causing this. Getting tired of lining up headshots then woop it's a frame later and they're 15 feet in the air with zero warning. :catstare:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

If you dump a video clip shorter than 15 seconds into Gfycat the website turns it into an HTML gif automagically. I have my AMD Raptr set to record 10 second long clips whenever I press control+/ then I just drag and drop those into gfycat.

Do you just generally hit record when you hit zed time? Not a bad idea if you do, just curious how you anticipate good clips

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Magres posted:

Do you just generally hit record when you hit zed time? Not a bad idea if you do, just curious how you anticipate good clips

When you press the button it records the past X seconds, up to I think 60 seconds 20 minutes. It's magic, I don't know how it works. This doesn't cause any hitching or gameplay lag, either. I think the Nvidia Shadowplay system works about the same.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy poo poo that is magic.

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 28, 2015

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Tripwire, please have an "Implody the Friendly Husk" as a character, TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think they actually fixed Back-up