Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
US Navy Ship Struck USS Arizona Memorial in Hawaii

Eh, it's had worse things happen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
i bet the tug pilot is Japanese

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Great day! TS1 in the morning going to breakfast was secure but then a miracle happened and the clouds lifted in time for march off. Then someone decided to rekey almost ever room lock on the base so nobody could access their rooms. The wait to get issued a new key was 3 hours at its worse. I wandered over to the MWR and fell asleep to Interstellar.
Then I found out my orders to go home (reserve status) have not come in by the 10 working day dead line before my graduation so now I'll be in battalion holding for two weeks after they arrive. Hooyah duty driver.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

LingcodKilla posted:

march off.
MWR
battalion holding
Hooyah

Never speak these things again tia

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Never speak these things again tia

Triggered!

Faaaart.

Yeah being a bit angry I'm placed on hold instead of getting my orders to go home. I guess that makes me a tool.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 28, 2015

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Nah you just sound like a huge tool.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fellas, fellas, you're (we're) all tools. Now go clean something before the XO (MML) comes by :chiefsay:

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Nick Soapdish posted:

Fellas, fellas, you're (we're) all tools. Now go clean something before the XO (MML) comes by :chiefsay:

I sure hope he notices this really shiny section of pipe I've been working on for the last 3 hours! :dong:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Null Integer posted:

I sure hope he notices this really shiny section of pipe I've been working on for the last 3 hours! :dong:

Shining pipe....

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
*skates the rest of the working day away reading the hellthread*

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
:commissar:

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Laranzu posted:

Paperwork Weenie's Big Ocean Adventure :coolfish:

It's totally this and thank you for giving me a laugh.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Then I found out my orders to go home (reserve status) have not come in by the 10 working day dead line before my graduation so now I'll be in battalion holding for two weeks after they arrive. Hooyah duty driver.

Reserve Duder didn't have his orders the day we all graduated. We all peaced out and he had to stay behind all depressed. He had them the next day so maybe miracles can happen.

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

Where do I route the special request to duty swap?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CMD598 posted:

Where do I route the special request to duty swap?

As long as you take the wife and kids I'll consider it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

As long as you take the wife and kids I'll consider it.

Great. Frocking day and I have food poisoning or something and am super nauseous.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Don't poo poo your dress whites, stay safe.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

Sir Lucius posted:

Don't poo poo your dress whites, stay safe.

dress browns

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Arione posted:

i bet the tug pilot is Japanese

Same.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
gently caress You Ware!
gently caress You Dawfeen!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
UIC swapped to a new department today. There are about 10 people in my division and they all work about 4 hours a day. Looks like I have no Navy obligations for the next 2 years.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sir Lucius posted:

UIC swapped to a new department today. There are about 10 people in my division and they all work about 4 hours a day. Looks like I have no Navy obligations for the next 2 years.

UIC?

Score?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I think it stands for unit identification code. Basically designates your billet.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

The UIC also gets matched with an MTF for your eligibility to care for somethings and let's other medical hospitals know who your record belongs to in case you are seen at a specialty clinic that doesn't put things in your physical AHLTA record or are known to have shadow records of members (such as Mental Health).

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

I'll come visit Monday.

edit: kidding, IDGAF

UIC is a Unit Identification Code. It is a unique number assigned to every military unit we have for a multitude of purposes to include pay, billeting, administrata, and metrics.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 30, 2015

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
at LASTCOMMAND we had several different UICs and for simplicity they unified us under one UIC out of DC which meant everyone's BAH would go up. This was awesome! Except the higher BAH only applied to new gains because admin didn't wanna put in the :effort:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

When you see it:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Always wanted to try that one. :smith:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Dunno what i'm laughing more at, the person in the middle of the back who clearly didn't get the 'shortest to tallest, front to rear' memo, or the dude in shorts

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NTT posted:

Dunno what i'm laughing more at, the person in the middle of the back who clearly didn't get the 'shortest to tallest, front to rear' memo, or the dude in shorts

It's 92 degrees in our class room. I'd kill for some shorts but PT gear is ok for now.

Were dress white shorts a thing at some point? I heard the 70s were weird.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Tropical White was an official uniform up until, like, four or five years ago. Same Service Dress Blue Yankee (blue jacket, white pants). Our JOPA would still bust out the SDB Yankee for special occasions.

I think enlisted guys had to suffer with pants for everything, though.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Australians still have shorts. With white socks pulled up as high as possible. I lol when they stroll around.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I figure that dude is probably from a foreign service. I don't think tropical dress is authorized anymore.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I figure that dude is probably from a foreign service. I don't think tropical dress is authorized anymore.

It's not. It's some random JO loving around.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
I like to imagine his facial expression was akin to MML's Riker

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'd rock some tropical Navy khaki short shorts and knee high socks with the loving safari hat

Should still be a thing imo

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I'd rock some tropical Navy khaki short shorts and knee high socks with the loving safari hat

One of my greatest regrets is not buying the pith helmet when it was available at the NEX.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

See if there's a scrubs equivalent one.

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!
Anybody ever lived in Fallon? On base or in town, doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Welp got my 2nd tour DIVO slate. FCO in Norfolk. Anybody know how long the FCO COI at Dahlgren is?

• Locked thread