Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Truga posted:

From previous thread from like a day ago:

In anidb settings, you can set your preferred language to show titles/characters/whatnot. If nobody's put in the title in your language yet, it'll show one that's available. At which point you click it and add the translation, if you want it. :v:

Doing this now, thanks for the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Motto posted:

tl;dr tvtropes started as a buffy fansite

Anyway I'm gonna watch some anime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune posted:

even when i did post on tvtropes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Outer Science posted:

do we get to talk about j-dramas here or do i have to go to TVIV for that?

either way i just watched hanzawa naoki and it's basically the most anime live-action thing i've ever seen, it was great. watch hanzawa naoki.

I'm all for jdrama chat, but the only ones I've seen are both GTOs and legal high, all of which are good, and the GTOs I consider better than the anime. I've watched a bunch of kdramas too but the only Manhua based one I've seen was Goong which I wanna say was good, but it's also the first kdrama I ever watched so there's bias there.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

re:j-dramas

Watch Blue Blazes.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

densha otoko is good and so is no dropping out -back to school at 35- which is on crunchyroll. the recent aoi honoo/blue blazes is also a really good live action manga adaption which you'll love if you like stuff like shirobako

the currently running ex-girlfriend club is a k-drama about a manwha adaption, but its less focused on production and more on romantic hijinks

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh right, that's on my to-watch list sitting in my hard drive. Forgot about it due to being preoccupied with a bunch of anime. Both seasons of yoshihiko were good too.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didn't like the second season of yoshihiko because they recycled so many jokes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm enjoying One Outs more than the manga, very rare for me.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Davincie posted:

densha otoko is good and so is no dropping out -back to school at 35- which is on crunchyroll. the recent aoi honoo/blue blazes is also a really good live action manga adaption which you'll love if you like stuff like shirobako

the currently running ex-girlfriend club is a k-drama about a manwha adaption, but its less focused on production and more on romantic hijinks

i dont think its a good idea to compare aoi honoo to shirobako given than one of them is an extremely romanticized version of a person's life experiences and the other is p much grounded in reality despite being anime as gently caress.

that said you all should watch aoi honoo its great. also watch the hero yoshihiko because its by the same director and it also owns.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

don't be so unfair

were it not for that place i probably wouldn't know anime was like a thing, or that a vast amount of things were a thing

i was but a wee youngling, unlearned in the ways of how to internet

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I want this thread to become more unfair, insular and hateful

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gyra_Solune posted:

don't be so unfair

were it not for that place i probably wouldn't know anime was like a thing, or that a vast amount of things were a thing

i was but a wee youngling, unlearned in the ways of how to internet

Ah yes you've certainly become a very uhhh wise and not clinically retarded internet-goer.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab posted:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

As long as we can chat about anime, or things that are barely tangentially related to anime, it's all fine to me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I want the chat thread to be a friendly, welcoming place to discuss things barely tangentially related to anime.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I also want Richard back :(

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Namtab posted:

karen is stupid, terrible girl

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I wish the guy in Densha Otoko didn't cry so much

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Please do not fight. I demand that friendship reign supreme in this thread. You are all my nakama so please act accordingly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parmesan Basil posted:

Please do not fight. I demand that friendship reign supreme in this thread. You are all my nakama so please act accordingly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Parmesan Basil posted:

i still can't believe 'no anime' won in gbs over lovedump

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

i still can't believe 'no anime' won in gbs over lovedump

I voted no anime because gbs doesn't deserve nice things like love and anime

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
MACHINE loving HEAD IN TWO HOURS. Will watch anime tomorrow.

Thinking about rewatching LoGH and Twelve Kingdoms. I heard that Yona is kind of in the the similar ballpark as a Twelve Kingdoms. Izzat true?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
My co-worker asked me to hook him up with the latest Game of Thrones so I filled a thumb drive full of anime and a few 911 gifs for good measure.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

C'mon guys if you can be nice to me you can be nice to anyone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Late, but

littleorv posted:

What is your favourite anime (yes, you)?

GorfZaplen posted:

Giant Robo: Day the Earth Stood Still

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Got together with an old friend of mine today. We shared lunch, caught the new Mad Max (my second time, his first), then went over to my place and watched Ninja Scroll.

What a lovely day.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tonight i'm going to catch up on a couple shows but Nasu: Summer in Andalusia is the main course. 47 minutes seems short for a movie, does it adapt the whole manga? and is there any benefit to reading the manga after?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I need to watch Lucky Star one of these days.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
gently caress I am thinking of Outlaw star

Dilbert As FUCK fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 28, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

tonight i'm going to catch up on a couple shows but Nasu: Summer in Andalusia is the main course. 47 minutes seems short for a movie, does it adapt the whole manga? and is there any benefit to reading the manga after?

i haven't read the manga, but the anime is a complete story. apparently the manga is more of an anthology than just one story and this only adapts one of them

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I once knew a guy who wanted to introduce his mom to anime by way of Lucky Star.

Took a fair bit of effort to convince him otherwise.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

I once knew a guy who wanted to introduce his mom to anime by way of Lucky Star.

Took a fair bit of effort to convince him otherwise.

They need to make Hinamatsuri into an anime so the "what anime should I show normal people" question is answered forever

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

i haven't read the manga, but the anime is a complete story. apparently the manga is more of an anthology than just one story and this only adapts one of them

oh, thanks. it's only 24 chapters so i guess i might as well read it assuming it's translated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm back. Time to watch the anime.

• Locked thread