Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I mean, I would hope most of us americans post in the MLS thread but that may be a vain hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Brony Car posted:

I

I believe

I believe that

I believe that we'll convict.
:lol:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Nah I just don't like Canadians posting "Americans" about poo poo when they're bigger retards than us.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe I was posting that Americans had come to save the day by arresting corrupt FIFA executives? Way to assume the worst.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ewar Woowar posted:

If having a horrendously corrupt football organisation means we don't have a million Americans I'm this forum then hell, I'll lobby for Sepp myself

All the football confederations are horribly corrupt, every single one of them.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

I hope all the new posters stick around, we need some new blood, and a concussion thread.

The new posters have already given me brain damage so a concussion thread is probably a good idea.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
im loving PISSED nobody liked my jozy joke.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i'd love to focus on some internet nationalism on a non-world cup year instead of celebrating life and the fact that guiseppe blatter, a man not two weeks ago compared to nelson mandela, jesus christ, and martin luther king jr, runs an organization which is being wallpapered with indictments on charges primarily used to prosecute mafia dons and narcoterrorists

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The guy is called Joseph, not Giuseppe. Just because he's a Mafia boss it doesn't mean he's Italian.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

tbp posted:

It was pretty good and I was a little upset it was overlooked.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Honj Steak posted:

The guy is called Joseph, not Giuseppe. Just because he's a Mafia boss it doesn't mean he's Italian.

sorry, my notes from United Passions have been muddled by tears

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

tbp posted:

Maybe if you left some envelopes with $40 some other posters would empty quote you or do some : vince :

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Too awesome

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

tbp posted:

Well because you see us Americans

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

tbp posted:

I liked it I just didn't comment on it calm down!!!!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Antares posted:

i'd love to focus on some internet nationalism on a non-world cup year instead of celebrating life and the fact that guiseppe blatter, a man not two weeks ago compared to nelson mandela, jesus christ, and martin luther king jr, runs an organization which is being wallpapered with indictments on charges primarily used to prosecute mafia dons and narcoterrorists

There hasn't been a news clip or choice tweet in like an hour and the ouroborus is getting hangry

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Truly both the best and worst of America has been on display today.

On the one hand, a terrific display of force and influence being used for good in the world. On the other hand, posting on an internet forum.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

African AIDS cum posted:

I hope all the new posters stick around, we need some new blood, and a concussion thread.

i actually might since soccer is my second favorite sport after basketball

vyelkin posted:

On the one hand, a terrific display of force and influence being used for good in the world. On the other hand, posting on an internet forum.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
where's the thread with information in it?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

I will forever laugh at yugiohjosh if that helps

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

vyelkin posted:

Balance of chi, friendo. It's in the Constitution.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

African AIDS cum posted:

hell fuentes has enough on his plate

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Guys please stop trolling the fat American goons, after all we owe this to one of them.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
fifa is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Only thing I care about is CONMEBOLs fifth spot for the WC. If the post Blatter FIFA takes it I'm joining ISIS.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This was at least partially instigated by "Handegg" jokes.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Polidoro posted:

Only thing I care about is CONMEBOLs fifth spot for the WC. If the post Blatter FIFA takes it I'm joining ISIS.

Our presidents are going to sing and we are going to lose the spot, I've already resigned myself to that fate, not like Venezuela had a chance of finishing in 5th place anyway but it sucks for you guys.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Polidoro posted:

gently caress that

we need six spots for the WC

gently caress that

get rid of FIFA and have the Conmebol and UEFA organize a completely new organization with a new competition. Invite Mexico, USA, and Costa Rica to Conmebol and call it a done day.

Also if FIFA tries to take the fifth spot from CONMEBOL in the situation it is in CONMEBOL will literally leave FIFA and deal the whole organization a deadly blow. They are not above doing that.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i believe we have done this proper American way of doing things. took out everyone in power, talked about how awesome we are, now all that's left is to be universally loved

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Drogadon posted:

Guys please stop trolling the fat American goons, after all we owe this to one of them.

thank

and you're welcome

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i believe we have done this proper American way of doing things. took out everyone in power, talked about how awesome we are, now all that's left is to be universally loved

Uh if we want to do it right we need to add about 60 zeroes to the expenses.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Eifert Posting posted:

Uh if we want to do it right we need to add about 60 zeroes to the expenses.

Haha, thats like something John Stewart would say. Epic.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look the slimy old white guy who runs the league I like the most is basically made of teflon. Let's just enjoy plutocrats getting what's coming together and not fight.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

quote:

Visa’s Updated Statement on FIFA

May 27, 2015

Our disappointment and concern with FIFA in light of today’s developments is profound. As a sponsor, we expect FIFA to take swift and immediate steps to address these issues within its organization. This starts with rebuilding a culture with strong ethical practices in order to restore the reputation of the games for fans everywhere.

Visa became a sponsor of FIFA because the World Cup is one of the few truly global sporting events with the power to unite people from around the world through a common love of football. Our sponsorship has always focused on supporting the teams, enabling a great fan experience, and inspiring communities to come together and celebrate the spirit of competition and personal achievement – and it is important that FIFA makes changes now, so that the focus remain on these going forward. Should FIFA fail to do so, we have informed them that we will reassess our sponsorship.

- See more at: http://visacorporate.tumblr.com/post/120062181438/visas-updated-statement-on-fifa#sthash.Sl8B0xu3.dpuf

http://visacorporate.tumblr.com/post/120062181438/visas-updated-statement-on-fifa

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
I can't wait to visit visa corporate dot tumblr dot com

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

puchu posted:

I can't wait to visit visa corporate dot tumblr dot com

Just read the last 700 posts.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I can't believe visa have a tumblr

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If America takes down Sebb Blatter, would y'all be willing to start calling it soccer?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Im also hearing Gazza has flown to Switzerland with a bucket of KFC saying he is a friend of Sepp Blatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

boom boom boom posted:

If America takes down Sebb Blatter, would y'all be willing to start calling it soccer?

This needs to be in whatever settlement that happens, obviously.