Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm glad we could come full circle to the Churchill reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Cool, Judith is going about this in the worst possible way

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NZers don't understand satire.

Je suis Jerry.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm the commentator telling someone that they can't complain about the pronunciation of Hauraki unless they use the correct spelling of "Mãori".

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm the person in Australia calling other people racist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm Mike Hoskings, actual racist.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/68927573/police-cleared-over-banks-investigation

NZ police clear NZ police of wrongdoing in case where NZ police clear their old boss and friend of wrongdoing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Rabbi T. White posted:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/68927573/police-cleared-over-banks-investigation

NZ police clear NZ police of wrongdoing in case where NZ police clear their old boss and friend of wrongdoing.

Seems legit.

Not related: there's accountanty people in this thread, who/what/where would I go to if I want to get an idea of the financial and legal aspects of starting a small business? I know lots about what I want to do but nothing about financial stuff, business law etc.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Seems legit.

Not related: there's accountanty people in this thread, who/what/where would I go to if I want to get an idea of the financial and legal aspects of starting a small business? I know lots about what I want to do but nothing about financial stuff, business law etc.

http://www.business.govt.nz/starting-and-stopping/entering-a-business/starting-a-business

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Also just pop into your local community law centre, they'll be able to answer any particular questions you have.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lancelot posted:

Also just pop into your local community law centre, they'll be able to answer any particular questions you have.

I can only assume you haven't actually tried this in the last few years.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seen this already, should've mentioned that I want to talk to an actual person instead of looking through a bafflingly dense government site.

Lancelot posted:

As in the citizen's advice bureau?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/274812/law-change-sought-on-under-16-abortions

Abortion is already de facto illegal in New Zealand, but that's just not far enough!!!!

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

Abortion is already de facto illegal in New Zealand, but that's just not far enough!!!!

Abortion is de jure illegal in New Zealand, but de facto legal.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/political/274812/law-change-sought-on-under-16-abortions

What the gently caress is the purpose of that law change? Is he really worried that there are a whole raft of underage kids having secret abortions?

no of course not they're just looking for any chance to make abortions harder to access

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Exclamation Marx posted:

Abortion is already de facto jure illegal in New Zealand, but that's just not far enough!!!!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
quote isn't edit, idiot

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

fong posted:

no of course not they're just looking for any chance to make abortions harder to access
What's the alternative for that teenager that needed emotional support from her family?

Raising her in a household/society that's sex-positive enough for her to feel comfortable coming to her parents at any point between sleeping with a boy and the attempted suicide? gently caress off.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

What's the alternative for that teenager that needed emotional support from her family?

Raising her in a household/society that's sex-positive enough for her to feel comfortable coming to her parents at any point between sleeping with a boy and the attempted suicide? gently caress off.

It's not as though you already have to see two (or sometimes three) GPs to get an abortion, GPs who have to be certified and receive training to assess your mental state. GPs who also as a matter of course refer people to counselling services and whose job is to make the pregnant person feel safe and comfortable with a difficult decision.

no youre right there's nothing that could stop a 14 year old pregnant girl from committing suicide, we need to compel the doctors to inform her parents

Binkenstein
Jan 18, 2010

So Key is more worried about not being in Air NZ's elite club than the dismal turnout for his Great Flag Change discussions

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/68926951/prime-minister-john-key-gutted-not-to-be-in-air-new-zealands-elite-priority-one-club

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/68943690/pm-not-fazed-by-poor-turnout-at-flag-meetings

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Hey Goons, watch Campbell tonight.

It's the last one and it's a nice lazy way to send a message that you'd like to see actual journalism on TV. They're aiming for 500,000.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
Yes that message seems to have been received over the past month

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

puchu posted:

Yes that message seems to have been received over the past month

Top ten signs your country wants more actual journalism, explained with cats!

Five journalism life hacks TV3 doesn't want you to know!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What does the twitterverse think about this?

#BARONS CYBER SKULL had this to say:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Pararoid posted:

Hey Goons, watch Campbell tonight.

It's the last one and it's a nice lazy way to send a message that you'd like to see actual journalism on TV. They're aiming for 500,000.

how exactly will I be sending a message. I don't have the special ratings tv

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

bobbilljim posted:

how exactly will I be sending a message. I don't have the special ratings tv

Watch it online. You've got to assume they can track that? Right? (I have no idea)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pararoid posted:

Watch it online. You've got to assume they can track that? Right? (I have no idea)

IIRC, those aren't tracked.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The only message you'd send is that ending shows is good for ratings.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Ghostlight posted:

The only message you'd send is that ending shows is good for ratings.

They should end Shortland Street then

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If they did that how would anybody ever start and finish an acting career in New Zealand?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Same way any New Zealand actor of worth did, by forsaking the country and running overseas.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
:rip: advocacy journalism in this miserable country

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

I'm pretty sure they would be.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Vagabundo posted:

They're not tracked publicly/independently but they are probably tracked independently by the broadcaster

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Campbell got 532,000 viewers with +1 taken in account, which is nice.

And he was apparently twice as personally popular as Henry or Hosking

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Awesome, they hit their target. Thought they might have hit more but still good.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Exclamation Marx posted:

Campbell got 532,000 viewers with +1 taken in account, which is nice.

And he was apparently twice as personally popular as Henry or Hosking

I wonder what figures we'd be looking at if streaming and VoDs were taken into account. I'm really not sure, just genuinely curious since that's the way almost everyone I know except oldies watches the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
lol

• Locked thread