Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That reminds me I saved a random Transformers vs. G.I. Joe panel. It's issue #4 or #5 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CzarChasm posted:

Right, I thought he was trying for everyone but got stopped half way, but that's not right.

God, he's supposed to be this ultimate killer bad rear end, but he's just the weird, loner with low self esteem, who can't talk to women.

Oh man, she's so cute. I've got to go talk to her. Aw, but I'm an idiot, and she's the personification of death. I can do this. I can do this. Deep breath. Go Time.
"Hey Death, what's up?"
"..."
Oh God. Oh God. She's not saying anything. Oh, and of course Starfox is here. He just saw the whole thing. He never has any trouble with women. I'm so embarrassed. I wish I was dead. No, no, can't think like that... I wish everyone else was dead....Hey, wait a second...

EDIT: Fixed some punctuation and spelling

When he was rejected by Death in Infinity Gauntlet, it was almost a little sad. He really is terribly "goony".

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

prefect posted:

When he was rejected by Death in Infinity Gauntlet, it was almost a little sad. He really is terribly "goony".

The most goony part was when he was all "FINE! You don't wanna love me, then I'm gonna make a perfect female clone of myself to bang! ... Jealous yet??"

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

prefect posted:

In all the DC/Marvel crossovers, Thanos never getting a chance to awkwardly mack on Death of The Endless was a real missed opportunity.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Argue posted:

Transformers #41

I agree with the robot car man.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

EndOfTheWorld posted:

In all the DC/Marvel crossovers, Thanos never getting a chance to awkwardly mack on Death of The Endless was a real missed opportunity.

Thanos would probably lose interest because he never saw the appeal of Tori Amos.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Wade Wilson posted:

Thanos would probably lose interest because he never saw the appeal of Tori Amos.

I feel like Thanos would be weirdly into Tori Amos

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I'm fairly certain in at least one Marvel book she cameoed only to leave as soon as Thanos approached her. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm fairly certain in at least one Marvel book she cameoed only to leave as soon as Thanos approached her. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.

It was an issue of Hulk during Peter David's run (I believe Dave Keown was still handling the art - they both cameo in the issue; PAD plays the priest) where Rick Jones and Marlo Chandler get married. He requested and received permission from Gaiman and you never see her face.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

10 Beers posted:

Huh. Is this just the normal Deadpool book?

Source: Deadpool #50

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 28, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Source: Not sure yet

Deadpool #50.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The left side of this is somehow far more absurd and hilarious to me than the right one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
That skeleton is stacked.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

zoux posted:

That skeleton is stacked.

Yeah, I just about to ask how a skeleton has boobs, then started feeling my own shoulders around my bra straps to see if you could wear a stuffed bra without the straps falling between your bones, then began seriously questioning my sanity/life. Fuckin' comics.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uthor posted:

That reminds me I saved a random Transformers vs. G.I. Joe panel. It's issue #4 or #5 or something.

Shortly after this, Arcee went on a long drive to re-evaluate her life and who she spends time with.

Also, every single panel I see from that book makes me less interested in both franchises (and I LOVE me some Transformers)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Shortly after this, Arcee went on a long drive to re-evaluate her life and who she spends time with.

Also, every single panel I see from that book makes me less interested in both franchises (and I LOVE me some Transformers)

It's a batshit crazy book and moves at a really fast paced. I like it, but with caveats. The cast is sprawling and I find it hard to keep track of because I don't know either of the franchises really well. Also, Scioli tends to skip scenes to put as much content into each issue, which makes the reader really work to figure out what's up and that gets pretty tiresome. Between those two things, I find myself always a little lost.

That said, the #0 issue is free on comiXology and worth checking out to see if it does it for you.
https://www.comixology.com/Transformers-vs-G-I-Joe-0-FCBD-Special/digital-comic/99618

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yeah, I just about to ask how a skeleton has boobs, then started feeling my own shoulders around my bra straps to see if you could wear a stuffed bra without the straps falling between your bones, then began seriously questioning my sanity/life. Fuckin' comics.

Just tell yourself "It's Deadpool. Of course Death has boobs."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From the Steven Universe GBS thread.

Garnet and Pearl cameo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chris Sims spent well over a year watching and reviewing every episode of the X-Men cartoon and now is writing X-Men '92. The first issue just came out.

I wonder if he has the voice of the characters down...

That's about right.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Are there any "JEEEAAAN!"s?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

Are there any "JEEEAAAN!"s?

Yeah, but it takes place in the early 90s so they're all high-waisted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

Chris Sims spent well over a year watching and reviewing every episode of the X-Men cartoon and now is writing X-Men '92. The first issue just came out.

That's about right.

It doesn't come out til June 24th?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It doesn't come out til June 24th?

It came out today. It's a digital book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

It came out today. It's a digital book.

Ohhhhh. gently caress dat noyz.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've removed the cruft panels between these just so we can sit back and enjoy a Skrull making out with Rick Jones by remote control.

[Captain Marvel #26]

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Listen, wet-eyes...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I mean, it's creepy but I'd imagine that Rick eventually finds out, gets creeped out and tells Banner about it only to hear about Tony's girlfriend turning back into a Skrull dude mid-sex.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Say Nothing posted:

From the Steven Universe GBS thread.

Garnet and Pearl cameo.

Did I miss an issue of Batgirl? What's the source on this?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I mean, it's creepy but I'd imagine that Rick eventually finds out, gets creeped out and tells Banner about it only to hear about Tony's girlfriend turning back into a Skrull dude mid-sex.
Weirdly the fact that she spent several days of their relationship being driven around like an RC car never comes up before he dumps her shortly after Mar-vell finishes punching Thanos.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phylodox posted:

Listen, wet-eyes...

Let me whisper sweet nothings in your ear, fat-hips...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gavok posted:

That's about right.

How could you miss THE GREATEST PANEL IN X-MEN HISTORY?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Argue posted:

Did I miss an issue of Batgirl? What's the source on this?

8-page free preview. Grab them on comixology/DC comics app or I guess they printed them in the back of some physical comics too, if you want.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

zoux posted:

I agree with the robot car man.

robot car man just spent 4 weeks marathoning literally every scrap of human art and entertainment. robot car man is wise.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I know it's a cover rather than a panel, but Archie vs Sharknado comes out in July

quote:

It’s that time of year in Riverdale! The end of the school year. Time for beaches, barbecues, fun in the sun and… SHARKNADOS!?! That’s right, get ready as Archie and the gang brave the storm of a tornado full a sharks that riffs off the pop culture phenomenon known as Sharknado! The story unfolds as sharknados are spotted on the “Feast” Coast! Our heroines have to figure out how to get back to Riverdale, where the storm is about to hit next. Soon Archie and the gang go, go, go as they battle the Sharknado-ravaged Riverdale! Who will live? Who will die? Will this take a BITE out of the end-of-the-year prom? Uh…probably!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Gavok posted:

That's about right.

He loving nailed Gambit. I've been reading Peter David's latest X-Factor and he just has Gambit talking basically like a normal human being, and it sucks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Nova 31

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

apsouthern posted:

I know it's a cover rather than a panel, but Archie vs Sharknado comes out in July

This is the moment Archie jumped the shark (no pun intended) from these gimmick/crossover things being funny to them being stupid and lame. Just like Sharknado is stupid and lame.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

TheJoker138 posted:

This is the moment Archie jumped the shark (no pun intended) from these gimmick/crossover things being funny to them being stupid and lame. Just like Sharknado is stupid and lame.

I mean, it's apparently drawn by a guy literally name "Hack".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
As long as Jughead eats a shark, I will forgive the series.