Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

there are these poison flying insects in act 2 that shoot these little * things at you and in the original game they just made you die pretty much immediately.

the projectiles also move extremely very slowly and every class has/had multiple ways to avoid them/absorb them. also the insects themselves were made of paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

So I'm probably not as far into the Witcher as most; the first parts kind of dragged, and while I saw it was a good game, I just wasn't into it.

Then, after the botchling and then making it to Novigrad, things just clicked and I think I'm fuckin hooked.

If you're sleeping on Witcher 3 for reasons, you should rethink this.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Stux posted:

the projectiles also move extremely very slowly and every class has/had multiple ways to avoid them/absorb them. also the insects themselves were made of paper.

They're talking when Inferno was a difficulty, where those and every other enemy were damage sponges and you had to kite everything around in a huge area while slowly whittling everything down. Also they nerfed those insects to make the projectiles a lot slower, it used to be bullet hell with them.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just beat King K. Rool. Think I'm done 101% replaying DK64 for the rest of my life

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the insect bullets werent that hard to dodge even in the base game but they still insta-gibbed you once in a while when you got careless. reminded me of those super annoying gidbin people in d2. anyway they nerfed the personality out of them pretty quick. man no one would remember those gidbins if d2 came out today theyd be gone in a few weeks lol

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Diablo 2 is prolly the game with the most dissonance between how I remember it and what it actually is; every time I go back and play it for a couple days I get bored really fast and wonder how the gently caress I ever played it as a kid

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Where did this happen?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That was in the Witcher 3 thread.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
It's actually a deeper rabbit hole than you think. Comte goes on an unprovoked rant about goons being neocons and fascists because they believe the lesser of two evils is the lesser of two evils.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Slavery is bad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Why is this happening in a thread about a game about some guy who goes around exorcising demons and screwing wenches

What is going on

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nasgate posted:

It's actually a deeper rabbit hole than you think. Comte goes on an unprovoked rant about goons being neocons and fascists because they believe the lesser of two evils is the lesser of two evils.

if a lesser of two evils is necon and fascist wouldn't that make you a neocon and fascist?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

its hard to say out of context but

his post does begin with 'nothing wrong with slavery'

doesnt really sound good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nasgate posted:

goons being neocons and fascists

i thought we were all transgender women's study majors, did i miss a critical update to the software?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

precision posted:

i thought we were all transgender women's study majors, did i miss a critical update to the software?

#Giveanimeachance

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sometimes i pretend to like anime way more than i do

my girlfriend really does like a lot of it tho

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

bloodychill posted:

Why is this happening in a thread about a game about some guy who goes around exorcising demons and screwing wenches

What is going on

Like there weren't some pretty stupid meltdowns over Skyrim.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RoanHorse posted:

Where did this happen?

This is an appropriate reaction to a bad post.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I was wondering if I could a link to the OP quoted in that screencap.

Also loving holy poo poo if you believe that that a 'lesser evil' is done when you enslave the homeless and infirm. Like, maybe you could just house and feed them without violating their humanity in such a horrible way? Capitalism scares the poo poo out of me.

edit: asking for the link because I don't really want to trawl through that thread for this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you can have either 4/4s of a hitler or 3/4s of a hitler, you must choose

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The last time we enslaved the homeless and infirm we wound up turning them into cyborg and mutant monstrosities who fought each other to the death.

Mutant league was such a good series.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I WISH YOU WERE HOMELESS!!!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mr.capps posted:

one person gets tortured for 50 years or 3^^^3 people get dust in their eye

mathematically you should always pick "torture" :smug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

one person gets tortured for 50 years or 3^^^3 people get dust in their eye

mathematically you should always pick "torture" :smug:

The 1/4 missing from the 3/4s hitler is the painting part, btw

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I'm not going to speak highly--or even mildly favorable of--someone that sees a problem, says 'yeah slavery could fix this' and justifies that with 'well at least I didn't skullfuck them'

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

RoanHorse posted:

I'm not going to speak highly--or even mildly favorable of--someone that sees a problem, says 'yeah slavery could fix this' and justifies that with 'well at least I didn't skullfuck them'

Don't loving speak ill of Ork Culture.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

mr.capps posted:

i choose 3/5s hitler

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Hog Inspector posted:

i choose 3/5s hitler

nice compromise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hog Inspector posted:

i choose 3/5s hitler

:eyepop:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

honestly that guy's reaction seems about appropriate considering he's talking about politics to a bunch of gamers

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I'm gonna go with 1/35ths solder

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Hog Inspector posted:

honestly that guy's reaction seems about appropriate considering he's talking about politics to a bunch of gamers

the gamification of the poverty

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You see, this is why games can't be as hard-hitting as books or films.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RoanHorse posted:

I was wondering if I could a link to the OP quoted in that screencap.

Also loving holy poo poo if you believe that that a 'lesser evil' is done when you enslave the homeless and infirm. Like, maybe you could just house and feed them without violating their humanity in such a horrible way? Capitalism scares the poo poo out of me.

edit: asking for the link because I don't really want to trawl through that thread for this

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720352&pagenumber=165&perpage=40#post445787744

He actually got banned for saying that lol

quote:

Nothing wrong with slavery, slaves get fed. Slave that can't work is useless. Slave owners letting them die? They were gonna die anyway. Better off being a slave, have food and shelter than to starve. And honestly? Legalizing slavery will solve a big part of the homeless problem.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

quote:

"Nothing wrong with slavery." Zoolooman XyloJW

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And to be honest he kinda deserved it for saying slavery is good and a fantsay video game like The Witcher provides an example of good slavery like a goddamn moron

edit: Also, the writer did not go on "A rant" about how goons are neocons and the worst liberals (the latter of which is totally true), it was two one-line posts in response to people saying the guy who said slavery and mass murder for the greater good is good was not wrong

NeurosisHead posted:

Hey man, I'm a legit bleeding heart liberal IRL; but the Northern Kingdoms are a nightmare shithole full of horrible horrible poo poo people. They need to be obliterated and rebuilt from a place of order and strength so that something even greater can grow from that. And given that (ending spoilers) Ciri can end up Empress, I think that might be able to actually happen one day.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 28, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Polish Inuyasha: a thought-provoking treatise on slavery and moral relativism.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

The mods are pretty hosed up in the head if they think that slavery is wrong.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Level Slide posted:

You see, this is why games can't be as hard-hitting as books or films.

Not true, I threw the Titanfall Collector's Edition at a dude and it put him in a coma.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the dialogue Geralt has in response to the slavery poo poo in The Witcher 3 because he's had 3 games now to establish his character. This means that sometimes you can't change his opinion on something because it's the way his character thinks and not decided by you like in any other RPG. So your options in regards to the hosed up slavery are "Wow that's hosed up", "Wow that's MEGA hosed up", and "That's hosed up and I'm not gonna stand for it". So like, not even the video game characters in the video game the dumbass that got banned is playing agree with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Not true, I threw the Titanfall Collector's Edition at a dude and it put him in a coma.

Pretty sure the box and the statue were the hard-hitting elements there.

• Locked thread