Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

boom boom boom posted:

If America takes down Sebb Blatter, would y'all be willing to start calling it soccer?

The "don't call it soccer" debate was always dumb as hell anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I will never understand why people get worked up about the whole soccer/football thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

boom boom boom posted:

If America takes down Sebb Blatter, would y'all be willing to start calling it soccer?

What about Sepp Blatter though.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

mackintosh posted:

Surprisingly easy, as long as Mossad isn't after you. If Mossad is after you, it is close to impossible.

few pages ago but switzerland is the only country where mossad agents have been caught operating by the government and chased away.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gigi Galli posted:

What about Sepp Blatter though.

We'll get him too if you change the name from "World Cup" to "Ultra Bowl"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pictured here: The US and Swiss undercover investigators.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This is the worst thread ever.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

blue footed boobie posted:

This is the worst thread ever.

Its the best since the world cup. Its thriving.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

TheBigAristotle posted:

I will forever laugh at yugiohjosh if that helps

it does thank you

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
How come we get all these American posters and we can't even get a World Cup Advanced Stats Superstar lmaoboy1998 cameo?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

As if Visa didn't know Sepp and his cronies were corrupt as gently caress before all the arrests.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

How come we get all these American posters and we can't even get a World Cup Advanced Stats Superstar lmaoboy1998 cameo?

lmaoboy1998 posted:

You're not the most any of those things, and I don't even especially like America. Stop inciting genocide against your own nation to win D&D points you weirdo.

On the other hand, lol at the guy who thinks anyone gives two shits about the integrity of Poland, it's been the perfect site for doing your dirty business ever since one Mr. Hitler turned up in 1939.

He's here.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

tbp posted:

im loving PISSED nobody liked my jozy joke.

you made the joke of the thread already. what did we learn from icarus, friend

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hahaha he even quoted one of my posts and I missed making the connection somehow.

Welcome back, friend. We missed you.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homework Explainer posted:

i didn't ask for this joke?

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~

Homework Explainer posted:

He learnt that flying is loving dope

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

So Eduardo Li is accused of requesting and receiving a six figure bribe in exchange of awarding the rights to the national team games to some American company. They're saying he used a bank account belonging to the federation to receive part of it.

If this has sporting consequences for the team in any way, I will become a corrupt official, get caught and then shank him in federal prison.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Drogadon posted:

So Eduardo Li is accused of requesting and receiving a six figure bribe in exchange of awarding the rights to the national team games to some American company. They're saying he used a bank account belonging to the federation to receive part of it.

If this has sporting consequences for the team in any way, I will become a corrupt official, get caught and then shank him in federal prison.

The Venezuelan guy got charged with similar things and now there are doubts if the federation will have access to the money needed to attend the Copa America in 2 weeks since he was the one who approved everything and signed all the checks lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

BlueBayou posted:

Im also hearing Gazza has flown to Switzerland with a bucket of KFC saying he is a friend of Sepp Blatter

lol

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
Enjoy the convictions you are welcome but its officially soccer now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

bloodsacrifice posted:

Enjoy the convictions you are welcome but its officially soccer now.
We're going to split the different and call it footer

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Is Sebastian "Sebb" Blatter dead yet

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

There is a Kronum world cup at the end of this thread

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
(to Sepp Blatter): DOJ this

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Weaponized Cum posted:

fifa is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the radio on and the curtains drawn

we're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine

and the machine is bleeding to death

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/story/2468775/fifa-corrupt-over-24-years-says-us-department-of-justice

Apparently this investigation has been gathering evidence for 24 years

Blatter is so hosed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope the international game dies and there's only club soccer from here on out tbh.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alain Post posted:

I hope the international game dies and there's only club soccer from here on out tbh.

please don't force us americans to only have mls to look forward to.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

axeil posted:

please don't force us americans to only have mls to look forward to.

What else do you have to look forward to? Beating Mexico in the gold cup?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Alain Post posted:

Without the crucible of international sports, how am I supposed to tell which country is cool and which is full of pussy nancyboys? War? No thanks, I prefer that my tax euros continue to be used to fund the private swimming pools of stubborn Greeks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

There is a Kronum world cup at the end of this thread
Ultimate Tazer Ball is better

El Hefe posted:

What else do you have to look forward to? Beating Mexico in the gold cup?
Which is fun because losing to the U.S. drives a portion of non level-headed Mexicans utterly insane.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Retail Slave posted:

So is Nike the company that the DOJ caught bribing FIFA? It hasn't been disclosed yet, but the report says a "major US clothing manufacturer" and Nike fits the bill because of their sponsorship.

It looks like it. Nike, addidas and puma are the three significant clothing brands in football and the bribes seem to imply it regards Brazil who Nike have sponsored since 1996

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Kronum? But I just met him

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
This sure was, a day of days.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Does Sepp have a kickstarter I can donate to

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
FIFA more like THIEFA or sumpthin' tsssss tsssssssss

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
classic gonz

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Australia gave one of those arrested dudes half a mil direct into his bank account for 'soccer development in the Caribbean' or some poo poo.

I'm really hoping whoever approved that gets demoted as well - though it might be hard to prove it's a bribe since the oval office turned around and voted for Qatar anyway

Also... and I might be looking forward too far, but if Blatter goes then we might finally get video replays and international games won't be decided by the fuckup of one damned referee

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

FIFA corruption has shown that democracy is unsuitable for unethical/self centered societies.

The whole mess started when every tiny nation was offered the same voting power as england/germany etc. so instead of principled genteel men in london/frankfurt/paris deciding things it became pure number game where some bush country in Africa and Caribbean can be bought for money and we have guys like Jack Warner wielding power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Agreed with that copy/paste. BongoBongoland shouldn't have votes. Let NATO run this dumb little tournament from now on.