Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:bandwagon: -> To Hunger Quest

I'm the :v: in the end.

CP8PJCUY2X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd join if it was available in Canada. :argh:

Good thing Seabeard is fun!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

delfin posted:

One more on the Hunger Quest bandwagon, though I won't post my code 'cause I'm already full up just from entering ones from the thread.

What are rainbow chips used for apart from pouch expansion?

The energy thing is annoying until one follows the following steps: 1) Load up on allies 2) Enter a dungeon from the beginning 3) Dive and collect coffins for energy

Rainbow chips are the super flexible premium currency, pouch expansion can only be done with Chips. Other than that you can buy gold for gatcha draws and energy refills.
Did you gift energy to your allies for everyone you gift you receive one too.

If you want to get in on the Hunger quest fun use this apk downloader to grab the apk.
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Hunger quest is not available in Europe so don't get your hopes up. Space Truckers is red hot garbage.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Quite good Metroidvania type game Traps and Gemstones is on sale for 99 cents.

edit: both Sproggiwood and Desktop Dungeons are up on the Play Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 28, 2015

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

I'm going to need a lot more questionnaires to buy either of them.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The English version of Square's Chaos Rings 3 is also out today.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shadow Blade is free on the amazon app store, but I dunno how good it is, because the install keeps hanging. This is a problem I've been having lately from the amazon app store, I wonder if it has to do with apex launcher.

edit: looks like this is something samsung hosed up in the Note update to lollipop. Wonderful.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 28, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

:toot: Goon dev unormal is the dev for Sproggiwood (and I think Shalinor might be involved somehow, though I'm not sure), and it's really great. Been playing the beta for the past month or so, and while I have it on Steam and love it, its home really is on mobile.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I definitely like Sproggiwood's visual style more, but which one of the two did goons say was more tactical?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

EzEight posted:

Rainbow chips are the super flexible premium currency, pouch expansion can only be done with Chips. Other than that you can buy gold for gatcha draws and energy refills.
Did you gift energy to your allies for everyone you gift you receive one too.

If you want to get in on the Hunger quest fun use this apk downloader to grab the apk.
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

I tried this but even using market helper I still couldn't get it to work

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm assuming Sproggiwood carries over between devices? I'd play it primarily on my tablet at home, but if I wanted to play around on my phone from work I could, right?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

foutre posted:

I definitely like Sproggiwood's visual style more, but which one of the two did goons say was more tactical?

Desktop Dungeons is more tactical, while Sproggiwood is more of a traditional roguelike that has been streamlined.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I'm assuming Sproggiwood carries over between devices? I'd play it primarily on my tablet at home, but if I wanted to play around on my phone from work I could, right?

I'd love to know this too

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

Unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any Play Games or any other cloud save support unfortunately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

Unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any Play Games or any other cloud save support unfortunately.

That seems like a pretty serious oversight if that is the case since you're building a village if I'm reading everything right. We'll see, I'm installing now (only 15 minutes left on office wifi, yay!) and will report back this afternoon from the house if nobody beats me to it.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
No offense to the creator, but the village doesn't actually have any practical "city building" aspects. There is more than enough game without it, but the village stuff seems a little half-baked (sorry Brian!).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

No offense to the creator, but the village doesn't actually have any practical "city building" aspects. There is more than enough game without it, but the village stuff seems a little half-baked (sorry Brian!).

Yeah, this is true, and if Sproggiwood 2 had proper village/city-builder mechanics in it, on top of the roguelikeness, it would be my GOTY, every year.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Sure, you can check out our design postmortem, we talk about it a bit: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JasonGrinblat/20150526/244216/Design_Postmortem_StoryDriven_Roguelike_Sproggiwood.php

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Of course, this all means that your next game really needs to be a full-on village/city-builder with that art :allears:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Of course, this all means that your next game really needs to be a full-on village/city-builder with that art :allears:

Yes, I really want to make one. We have so much town-builder art, and I love me a good non-iap citybuilder, which have fallen by the wayside because every dumb game is f2p/iap driven. :(

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^^^^

Please, please do this. I'd buy it -- that's a market of at least two already!

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Desktop Dungeons is more tactical, while Sproggiwood is more of a traditional roguelike that has been streamlined.

Cool, thanks. Realistically, I'll probably end up buying both once I get a bit more survey dollars. Guess I'll try the free version of Desktop Dungeons and see what I think for now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Unormal posted:

Yes, I really want to make one. We have so much town-builder art, and I love me a good non-iap citybuilder, which have fallen by the wayside because every dumb game is f2p/iap driven. :(

You would really be the saviour of the mobile market, as even in this thread's OP, right at the top:

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

:suicide:IF YOU'RE HERE LOOKING FOR SIMCITY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, OR CIV CLONES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST KILL YOURSELF.:suicide:
:suicide101:IF YOU'RE HERE LOOKING FOR SIMCITY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, OR CIV CLONES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST KILL YOURSELF.:suicide101:
:suicide:IF YOU'RE HERE LOOKING FOR SIMCITY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, OR CIV CLONES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST KILL YOURSELF.:suicide:

Save our souls, Unormal!

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
AdVenture Capitalist just got an update to make the moon a little easier, and added more cheevos/unlocks for earth. I was so close to being done too. :sweatdrop:

Still nothing implemented for megabucks though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
A casual sort of builder game where you can pick it up and put it back down, and where the game progresses without you paying attention (though not to the point where things will spiral out of control without your input) would be great. Something like Tiny Tower but without the ridiculous waiting periods.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You would really be the saviour of the mobile market, as even in this thread's OP, right at the top:

Save our souls, Unormal!

Hey is there an android game about developing a civilization where I can build a nice simulated city in which to kill myself using fantasy tactics?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Shadow Blade is free on the amazon app store, but I dunno how good it is, because the install keeps hanging. This is a problem I've been having lately from the amazon app store, I wonder if it has to do with apex launcher.

edit: looks like this is something samsung hosed up in the Note update to lollipop. Wonderful.

Shadow Blade is ace, one of my best ever games on android.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Shadow Blade is ace, one of my best ever games on android.

I felt the game controlled like rear end.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Meatwave posted:

Hey is there an android game about developing a civilization where I can build a nice simulated city in which to kill myself using fantasy tactics?

Try Game of War: Fire Age.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
80 Days is just so drat good. They really did a decent job making every playthrough engaging. What does it mean when Passepourt's character changes (e.g "You are now zesty") does that change dialogue options or is it just flavour?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

80 Days is just so drat good. They really did a decent job making every playthrough engaging. What does it mean when Passepourt's character changes (e.g "You are now zesty") does that change dialogue options or is it just flavour?

I played the gently caress out of that game and never pieced that together. I'm wondering if it triggers new options for specific interactions? The game is phenomenal though.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

The only one I noticed is I think that if you get the "You are now reliable" trait in the first convo, you carry another luggage bag?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I enjoyed the first ten levels of reaper, is there enough content to make it worth paying for?

Also looking for other games ti play with a 360 pad, preferably some sort of action game with customization. Any recs?

E: nexus 7 if it makes any difference

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
First person puzzle game The Talos Principle is available for Android as long as you're running a device with a Tegra K1 or X1 chipset on board (Nexus 9, Shield).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 29, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

mrkillboy posted:

First person puzzle game The Talos Principle is available for Android as long as you're running a device with a Tegra K1 or X1 chipset on board (Nexus 9, Shield).

man, talk about a small potential market

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
It is a drat nice looking game on PC though. Very reminiscent of Portal.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone that enjoyed that Kung Fury short that hit the internet today, you can grab the video game on the Play Store right now.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Anyone have a recommendation on a Bluetooth controller that works on both Android and Win8?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sproggiwood has absorbed all my phone gaming time, warts and all. Really cute, loads smoothly, mechanics are great. I'm generally poo poo at roguelikes, but having weapons and armor that continue over is a really nice feature. I'm still a little salty that I have no way to continue the same game that I play during the day to my tablet in the evenings, though, but it is a nice at-work time killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

My only problem so far is that I can't seem to find a great way to do the game west->east instead of east->west. When I tried to go west, I just wound up at the North Pole instead. Of course, Passepartout then brilliantly took advantage of the technical aspects of geography to circumnavigate the world in like 20 days. It was cool.