Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
A new day a new Blatter??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Honj Steak posted:

A new day a new Blatter??!

Good news, the asian federation have publicly come out in support of him winning the FIFA election

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should move to a model like test cricket, where you have a small group of elected countries who play real soccer and play in the World Cup like England and Germany, and of course, the United States.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

African AIDS cum posted:

Agreed with that copy/paste. BongoBongoland shouldn't have votes. Let NATO run this dumb little tournament from now on.
nuclear-weapon-owning nations should get a veto over goals

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Rumor is that the Hereford FIFA Fan Fest was a huge money laundering operation and massive sums of the budget are unaccounted for.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Can we get the DOJ to go after Kony next? I think 2016 could be our year. Sign my petition on change.org

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Kwagga posted:

Can we get the DOJ to go after Kony next? I think 2016 could be our year. Sign my petition on change.org

I will.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

African AIDS cum posted:

FIFA corruption has shown that democracy is unsuitable for unethical/self centered societies.

The whole mess started when every tiny nation was offered the same voting power as england/germany etc. so instead of principled genteel men in london/frankfurt/paris deciding things it became pure number game where some bush country in Africa and Caribbean can be bought for money and we have guys like Jack Warner wielding power

Just make the number of votes a proportion of GDP and be done with it as it should have been done in the first place

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
Some countries are more civilized, less annoying and better at sport than others so they deserve a lot more votes/respect. IMO.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
Remember that the arabs, Chinese, Inidans love football, play al lday and watch every game and they still can't produce one good player, don't want to get racial here but it's something to think about

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Remember that the arabs, Chinese, Inidans love football, play al lday and watch every game and they still can't produce one good player, don't want to get racial here but it's something to think about
We can't say why this is. Its illegal to even consider.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Zidane

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't wait for China or India to discover doping and destroy the sham state of Spain.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Berber

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Coohoolin posted:

few pages ago but switzerland is the only country where mossad agents have been caught operating by the government and chased away.

This is pretty funny because Switzerland has a pretty long history of allowing spies to do whatever they want. I guess it's mostly just spooks hanging out and cutting deals, whereas in the Mossad case they were like wiretapping and stuff.

But it further goes to show just how big of a deal it is that Swiss and American authorities were/are working together to (potentially/hopefully) bring down a Swiss citizen.

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013

Algerians/Moroccans aren't Arabs, they're mongrel Berber-Africans who are fairly solid at football and generally p. chill in comparison to Egyptian/Saudi Arabs f.e. who are the most obnoxious and unfit human beings I have ever met in my life

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Bless this cesspool of a forum, ugh. Take that somewhere else.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bollig posted:

This is pretty funny because Switzerland has a pretty long history of allowing spies to do whatever they want. I guess it's mostly just spooks hanging out and cutting deals, whereas in the Mossad case they were like wiretapping and stuff.

But it further goes to show just how big of a deal it is that Swiss and American authorities were/are working together to (potentially/hopefully) bring down a Swiss citizen.

Also Switzerland aren't the only ones, New Zealand has caught, jailed and then packed off home Mossad agents as well

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

you got racism in my football

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The US just arrested the guy who was in charge of kicking racism out and we're already seeing the results sad to say.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Alain Post posted:

I can't wait for China or India to discover doping and destroy the sham state of Spain.
Reminder that Spain once sent a group of non-disabled ringers with made-up mental disabilities to play basketball at the Paralympics. Literally the only country on the earth to ever stoop that low.

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-57391.html

quote:

On 18 November 2014, FIFA had filed criminal charges against persons unknown with the OAG. Therefore, the Swiss proceeding is aimed at persons unknown, with FIFA as the injured party. With this procedure, the OAG is contributing to the struggle against corrupt behaviour and money laundering.

This makes it sound like FIFA initiated the charges and will blame the executive members, which very much makes it look like our glorious leader, Sepp Bellend Blatter will only be involved as a victim. I wouldn't be surprised if this was instigated with his knowledge.
Also the US is only involved in bribery related to marketing/sponshorship for tournaments that were committed in North and South America, which largely will be all about Brazil. All the poo poo that went down with South Africa, France, Qatar, Russia and so on will not be looked at by the US.

PlantHead fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 28, 2015

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
I hope the Uefa simply quits the Fifa. With the AFC coming out in full support of Blatter its clear this mess will never be cleaned up.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
But the Swiss are investigating the 18/22 bids so here's hoping.

Also seeing who gets grassed on during the US investigation might affect future tournaments.

All I wanna know is whether the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada is still able to take place under such a shadow?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I never understood why good teams of civilised people (all of Europe) didn't just say "we're not playing in Qatar you idiots" tbh. There's no World Cup without Europe, Fifa would have looked like idiots, Arabs would have got told to gently caress off. Win win.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I never understood why good teams of civilised people (all of Europe) didn't just say "we're not playing in Qatar you idiots" tbh. There's no World Cup without Europe, Fifa would have looked like idiots, Arabs would have got told to gently caress off. Win win.

Probably because the head of UEFA voted for Qatar to get the world cup

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Because all of those cunts are in on it and getting paid.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Roy, no...

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bape Culture posted:

Because they're all just as corrupt

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004
And most of the heads of the FA's in UEFA also took massive bribes to vote for Russia and Qatar.
UEFA is just as corrupt as FIFA

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-57417.html

This could be intresting.

quote:

Extradition proceedings will be resumed as soon as these requests have been received. These six individuals still have time, up to the ruling (of first instance) of the FOJ, to agree to simplified extradition proceedings.

I guess simplified extradition would be cutting a deal, so if any of the accused FIFA bods appear in a US court earlier than 40 days from now then they have probably given up evidence to commute their sentence.
Or am I reading too much into that?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Europe is the cesspool and matriarch of corruption. We came up with the European Union to institutionalise it for God's sake.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
So how corrupt in Prince Ali then?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Have full papers ready, signed and agreed for 2 of them. Make this announcement, then quickly deport the two already fully set up.

Now you can tell those two "Look, you look like you've flipped now anyway, nothing to lose by telling us everything!" and the others "Look, two of your buddies are singing like canaries right now. You don't have very long left to take an offer..."

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

So how corrupt in Prince Ali then?

idk but he's strong as 10 regular men, naturally

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

corn in the fridge posted:

idk but he's strong as 10 regular men, naturally

We can't really trust any of these corrupt old cunts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

We can't really trust any of these corrupt old cunts.

He might be rich enough to not be influenced by bribes being royalty but who the gently caress knows until he's actually in charge

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

Yeah but you'd need everyone in UEFA to agree to this no individual FA is going to want to break ranks and risk player transfers to and from their national league or entry to the Champions League.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

But the Swiss are investigating the 18/22 bids so here's hoping.

Also seeing who gets grassed on during the US investigation might affect future tournaments.

All I wanna know is whether the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada is still able to take place under such a shadow?

the what is happening?

just kidding its news in Japan

hope Japan bids on 2022 cause 2018 is already the Rugby World Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah but you'd need everyone in UEFA to agree to this no individual FA is going to want to break ranks and risk player transfers to and from their national league or entry to the Champions League.

Not necessarily. One FA alone couldn't do it, but if the English, German and Spanish FA's announced they were splitting they would have enough power to create a new 'FA', and a lot of the other FA's would be compelled to join.

Unless Blatter steps down there is going to be a split of some form, which could well end up with 2 FA's in charge of world football - FIFA in charge of Russia, Middle East and Asia while the new FA in charge of Europe and most of the America's.