Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Fangz posted:

For people who read the manga:

Is there actually ever going to be any drama in this show? Or is it going to be the current sort of fluff for the remainder?

I need to temper my expectations.

It remains largely fluff with some sprinkled in drama here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

ViggyNash posted:

There was a Bollywood movie called My Name is Khan about a Muslim guy with Asperger set around 9/11 that was really good. I can't really think of anything else featuring a legitimately autistic main character.

There was a really good show on Syfy called Alphas that had an autistic protagonist, though it was an ensemble piece so he was more of a main character instead of the main character.

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009
Yugami-kun doesn't have friends is a good manga about a guy who definitely is autistic on some level. The guy is also incredibly awesome.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Will2Powa posted:

Yugami-kun doesn't have friends is a good manga about a guy who definitely is autistic on some level. The guy is also incredibly awesome.
If we're talking manga, some people have conjectured that the female lead of Last Game has a mild form of autism.

Edit: wow, I forgot how bad the translation of the first chapter was.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 24, 2015

Will2Powa
Jul 22, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

If we're talking manga, some people have conjectured that the female lead of Last Game has a mild form of autism.

Edit: wow, I forgot how bad the translation of the first chapter was.

Oh yeah, she definitely does seem like she is, but I think she isn't actually written to be autistic but her obliviousness is just exaggerated to an absurd degree for the purpose of the story. Whereas the MC in Yugami-kun seems to behave in a more consistent pattern with autism (though it's still conjecture.)

Will2Powa fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 25, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Arguably, the main female lead of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo could be considered autistic. Otoh, good series were asked for and this isn't all that good. watchable, but not much more imo.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Ping Pong, perhaps?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-25/live-action-ore-monogatari-my-love-story-film-cast-staff-date-unveiled/.88559

No way that dudes tall and buff enough.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
they should hire Big Show and teach him japanese

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Good God, this show. My blood sugar!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Kellanved posted:

Good God, this show. My blood sugar!

Never watch Kinmoza then.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Disappointing. They should've hired a sumo in his 30s.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

Speaking of Autism, am I the only one who noticed the Duracell jingle during the Judo?

Lol

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
More to the point, that's a handsome guy with glued-on mutton chops, not a guy with an ugly face and a great body.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Takeo isn't ugly. :colbert:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He has a strong, healthy face.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I prefer the cosplay Takeo that's been going around. He had the perfect mix of strong features, giant body, and overall...squareness. Suna and Yamato look good though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, fine, this guy has a conventionally attractive face and glued-on bad facial hair instead of the proper non-standard manly good looks of the manga Takeo.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

MattTheDoctor posted:

I prefer the cosplay Takeo that's been going around. He had the perfect mix of strong features, giant body, and overall...squareness. Suna and Yamato look good though.

Agreed, though I really wish the girl had Yamato's hair color.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
It's like when they made a Densha Otoko movie, they aren't gonna get a male romantic lead who isn't a traditional Japanese hot guy

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
They cast the right guy in the TV show of Densha, though:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Messed up that Densha Otoko gets to go mainstream when the way superior Molester Man doesn't.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sunnnaaaa

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well it helps that train man is a more attractive name than molester man

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
This show has some of the best faces since GTO

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Suna continues to be bro of all time holy poo poo.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Suna's on the cake now too!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
BRO CAFE.

I hope Big Tak's dad is in this.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I wasn't expecting Bro Cafe Machos to be Dude Hooters but yeah I guess Takeo would be perfect for that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chas McGill posted:

I hope Big Tak's dad is in this.

Still no sightings. :(

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Terper posted:

Messed up that Densha Otoko gets to go mainstream when the way superior Molester Man doesn't.

I liked Densha Otoko but agreed.

DoubleDonut posted:

I wasn't expecting Bro Cafe Machos to be Dude Hooters but yeah I guess Takeo would be perfect for that

I want that to be real and here, badly.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I don't really know what you were expecting.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

I liked Densha Otoko but agreed.

I want that to be real and here, badly.

Chas McGill posted:

Looking forward to when Takeo gets a part time job himself.

Minor manga spoilers: Macho Cafe

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Considering that Takeo's like 2-3 times bigger than Yamato in the anime, I think they're doing the best they can under the circumstances. They really should have the right hair colors though, just start throwing wigs around dangit.

Macho Cafe was awesome. Also Suna has the same birthday as me, so that's pretty rad. I wish I had 1/5th his looks. I'm also glad we're getting the illness arc out of the way with Suna's Dad, I've been heartbroken too many times by that sort of thing and I really don't want Yamato to have a horribly ironic death by diabetes.

Also, given the slow pace of this couple, my big prediction for the finale is that they have their first kiss after defeating some kind of major relationship crisis, like a guy duping Takeo to try to get with Yamato or something.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Also, given the slow pace of this couple,

you don't read or watch a lot of shoujo, do you

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

I really don't want Yamato to have a horribly ironic death by diabetes.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Devil Tesla posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?
It's difficult for people to accept this series is all about diffusing otherwise standard ~dramatic shojo~ tropes. I can't blame them at all considering how prevalent that bullshit is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I want to say that my favorite low-key thing about this show is how many friends Takeo really does have. Sure, Suna is his best friend, but he has the judo club, his classmates, several people who appreciate just how cool and friendly he is. It's a really nice change from "loving loser with no friends and a hopeless love life gets a girlfriend".

Also, we all know Suna is bro for life, but my favorite line from him was "Of course he has a girlfriend, Takeo's cool". :3: It's the little things that make this show feel so new and different. The dynamics are just refreshing all around.

• Locked thread