Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Some guy names Dan Savage wants to make "Duggary" a word just like Santorum.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/dan-savage-wants-to-make-duggar-the-new-santorum-clearly-duggary-needs-to-be-a-word/

Santorum, n : The sometimes frothy, usually slimy, amalgam of lubricant, stray fecal matter, and ejaculate that leaks out of the receiving partner's anus after a session of anal intercourse.

Speaking of, he's running for president too. Primaries are going to be 2012 Debate Shitstorm Part 2 :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Speaking of, he's running for president too. Primaries are going to be 2012 Debate Shitstorm Part 2 :neckbeard:

All I can hope is that liberals don't act like loving spergs again and go into panic mode thinking he has a chance....of well doing anything.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That's not how it works. Those commercial spots were bought months and months ago. :spergin:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

The whole Discovery Channel family needs a good purge. Mythbusters might be the only good thing they're still airing, and even that's suffered from stupid decisions in recent years.
Right up until it comes out that Adam Savage has been skinning streetwalkers in his basement in order to test his father's myth that Adam can never be a pretty girl.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What is providing the most amusement for me is because this pedo family (and if you think it is just the one kid out of a bunch of 20 crazy fuckin' loonies doin' weird sexual poo poo to each other, then lol) is because these weird fucks are so tied into the republican group anyone either hardcore republican or hardcore christian affiliated are doing back flips to defend them.

If there was a republican who stood up said "gently caress that dirty rapist poo poo" I'd actually consider voting for them if they weren't otherwise too wildly crazy.

But I haven't voted for anyone before so whatever.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

not caring here posted:

What is providing the most amusement for me is because this pedo family (and if you think it is just the one kid out of a bunch of 20 crazy fuckin' loonies doin' weird sexual poo poo to each other, then lol) is because these weird fucks are so tied into the republican group anyone either hardcore republican or hardcore christian affiliated are doing back flips to defend them.

"B-but Lena Dunam"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Even Santorum is staying out of this one. Illustrating just what a stupid, evil, piece of poo poo Huckabee is. Of course this all came out a week before he was planning to launch his next presidential bid, maybe without that he'd be taking up arms in their defense too.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"B-but Lena Dunam"
They can't really parse that liberals as a whole don't like Lena Dunham, most probably hate her if they stop to think about it. Her demographic is other stupid, self-centered, millenials; and loonier feminists.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 28, 2015

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
In non TLC news, the Mercy or one of its tugs hit the Arizona memorial today.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
loving whoops. That's probably one of the few ways for a GS to get fired.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This loving dunsoning...

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Casimir Radon posted:

The whole Discovery Channel family needs a good purge. Mythbusters might be the only good thing they're still airing, and even that's suffered from stupid decisions in recent years.

Hey man. American Heroes Channel is where I get my dose of Hitler when History is in a 24 hour Pawn Stars marathon (great use of Memorial Day by the way) and History 2 is running Ancient Alien episodes.

The rest of their channels can be purged.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I miss when the history channel was the Hitler and airplanes channel :smith:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

Don't you like hearing about how Space Jews will bring about the end of days with King Tut's secret bible code?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Remember when the History Channel had history shows on it? :unsmith:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
history channel use to show sweet fuckin poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyhaCOOCYs

there are full episodes on youtube, you can just google a name. The six day war one is pretty good.

heres a play list

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZl7C4KAWbjhPFyjymNBCididZ09Xyja

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Remember when the History Channel had history shows on it? :unsmith:

literally every niche channel suffers from this except maybe ESPN. even news channels have become more about entertainment and ratings than actual news.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
When was the last time MTV had music on it? That poo poo started going away back in the 90's, geez.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember when TLC was The Learning Channel? the only thing I learn now is more reasons to hate everything

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
AMC (America's Military Channel, aka Discover Military) picked up that baton and is running with it. Also the Smithsonian Channel is good for stuff on occasion.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

National Geographic still has some good stuff but they've kind of emulated the Discovery/History model of reality tv. From what I've seen though it's not as scripted, and doesn't feature human garbage.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Spicy Guacamole posted:

When was the last time MTV had music on it? That poo poo started going away back in the 90's, geez.

They literally changed their name from Music Television to MTV a few years ago to finally kill off any pretensions.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

And done. Taken out by a Bearcat.

E: Aw poo poo son he got buttstroked. :laffo:

For those that missed it, the video at http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/27/fort-worth-police-slow-speed-chase/28029637/ has all the good bits.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Deadliest Catch still feels mostly real if for no other reason than you can't really fake what's going on on a fishing boat being tossed the gently caress around in a Typhoon, but everything to do with Elliot Neese and the Saga (and, to a lesser extent, Keith Colburn and the Wizard) feels like their attempt to shoehorn in some forced drama. Neese has been a trainwreck since the beginning and I'm tired of his bullshit and his product placement for whatever 686 is.

Storm Chasers was kind of a cool show until it went flying off the rails and they started the scripted interviews with whoever the guy was that drove the DOMINATOR.

I remember having hope for Airplane Repo until they got to the end of the pilot and seeing "Philadelphia Airport" feature the backstretch grandstands of Daytona International Speedway in plain view.

Cole posted:

literally every niche channel suffers from this except maybe ESPN. even news channels have become more about entertainment and ratings than actual news.

Even ESPN has its "EMBRACE DEBATE" bullshit and seeming non-stop coverage of the teams and athletes they think you should like. LeBron and the Heat (in the past), Tebow, Johnny Football, Favre, ARod, the Yankees, Tiger, Danica...

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

They can't really parse that liberals as a whole don't like Lena Dunham, most probably hate her if they stop to think about it. Her demographic is other stupid, self-centered, millenials; and loonier feminists.

lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Some guy names Dan Savage wants to make "Duggary" a word just like Santorum.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/dan-savage-wants-to-make-duggar-the-new-santorum-clearly-duggary-needs-to-be-a-word/

Santorum, n : The sometimes frothy, usually slimy, amalgam of lubricant, stray fecal matter, and ejaculate that leaks out of the receiving partner's anus after a session of anal intercourse.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In TV chat, the NASA Channel is surprisingly good. It's pretty amateur hour most of the time and they have a lot of reruns, but it's cool to get a pretty in-depth look at a probe's science mission or whatever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
TCM still plays classic movies unlike AMC.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Science Fiction channel now shows mostly wrestling as "Syfy".

Does Speed still show Formula One?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Larry Parrish posted:

In TV chat, the NASA Channel is surprisingly good. It's pretty amateur hour most of the time and they have a lot of reruns, but it's cool to get a pretty in-depth look at a probe's science mission or whatever.

Third Rock Radio is the NASA web-radio station that broadcasts indie rock and international science news. It's pretty good if you're just doing poo poo around the house.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

The Science Fiction channel now shows mostly wrestling as "Syfy".

Does Speed still show Formula One?

Speed went off the air two years ago.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dead Reckoning posted:

Right up until it comes out that Adam Savage has been skinning streetwalkers in his basement in order to test his father's myth that Adam can never be a pretty girl.

:golfclap:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ny gov Pataki announces he will seek Republican nomination, would authorize American boots on the ground to fight ISIS

God bless

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the least politically savvy GiP monkey but I support boots on throats before more drones. :shrug:

If dude really does wanna "OIF 2: Hitting and Quitin'" with no nation building and what not?

I'd bite.

We need to expand our war against radical Islam along every possible front, period.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

or we could just let radical muslims kill each other while lobbing bombs at targets of opportunity

I've got less than a year left in IRR, feel free to get your war on next year

PookBear fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 28, 2015

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If they were gonna go toe-to-toe against us I'd be all gently caress yeah, but it's just gonna be another IED fest after the first week

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Reverand maynard posted:

or we could just let radical muslims kill each other while lobbing bombs at targets of opportunity

Won't finish the job.

Slim Pickens posted:

If they were gonna go toe-to-toe against us I'd be all gently caress yeah, but it's just gonna be another IED fest after the first week

Unlimited warfare prevents this type of enemy from gaining the networks and materials and groups that OIF let turn into that IED fest.

When I say unlimited warfare I mean it in the truest sense-- We're tactically nuking Raqqa. That's the Hiroshima shot and kick off to my idea of unlimited warfare against radical Islam.

I don't think you understand that I mean to see people tried, convicted, sentenced, and then executed for taking up arms in the name of Islam. Sunni? Death. Shia? Death. NonDom? Death. Dolphin in the fishnet? Delicious death.

If we put a boot on the neck, and a bullet in the back of every Koran carrying MAM between Assads AOR and Baghdad then we start to approach the more gentle aspects of my ideas of unlimited warfare.

They can't get an IED network setup when they fear even being seen.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im down with unlimited warfare on all religious peoples

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

go3 posted:

im down with unlimited warfare on all religious peoples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Imma cross post this from the AF thread since apparently even GIPers forgot how to properly wage war.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Are you familiar with the biblical tale of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Short version, translation in parentheses.

Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities that were full of wickedness (some country or terrorist group fuckin around).

OT God (the US) gets angry. Tells Lot to get the gently caress out because he is gonna wreck poo poo (24 hour warning to vacate the area).

OT God rains, I poo poo you not, Fire and Brimstone (massive bombing campaign that makes Dresden look like a humanitarian relief drop) to the point that even today no one is sure they ever existed (exactly what it says).

No ground troops. No door to door checking, no IED clearing. Just straight up erasing cities from above. And by cities I mean if there is more than 2 mudhuts within a 100 yards of each other the land it sits on disappears.

• Locked thread