Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Proof that guinea pigs are cool and love cosplay.

Wait, no. This natural thousand-yard stare is actually a product being perpetually triggered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Alouicious posted:

*shoves cats head into a bucket of paint* I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU, MR. SCRUNCHES

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
There's dyeing a dog, and then there's dog zombie cosplay:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/s7vdW0D.jpg[timg]

I think you retards should get some perspective.

Mod Edit: I dunno some gross poo poo or something

Somebody has a new favorite as of 10:43 on May 26, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

Proof that guinea pigs are cool and love cosplay.

Wait, no. This natural thousand-yard stare is actually a product being perpetually triggered.

It's pretty much impossible to know what a guinea pig is thinking at any given moment, and usually the answer is "it isn't."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Guinea pigs only have one thought and that thought is "OH MY GOD WHAT IS ANYTHING I'M TERRIFIED SOMEONE HELP ME".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CJacobs posted:

Guinea pigs only have one thought and that thought is "OH MY GOD WHAT IS ANYTHING I'M TERRIFIED SOMEONE HELP ME".

Two. The other is "VEGGIES! GIMME GIMME VEGGIES! :byodood:"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I here he sleeps with the fishes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

LingcodKilla posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Considering it's Grant, I think his folks are glad he sleeps with a human. :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

DON'T

DATE

ROBOTS

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Unoriginal Name posted:

does your dog talk to you

Mine just tells me he wants me to kill

Kkillll

KIIIILLLLL

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey I got back from Animazement in Raleigh this year, and had a great time parading around as Mario. Anyway, the fun I had in my relatively slapdash costume got me inspired to try and do something that actually required effort to look decent. So I want to try and put together a Majin (fat) Buu costume as I love dragonballz, can do Majin Buu's voice and well, have the correct physique and dimensions for it. that being said, I want it to look good and not like most sad Majin Buu cosplay I've seen posted here and other places.
The main sticking point seems to be the head, Majin Buu's head and tentacle thing. So does anyone have any good idea's on how to go about making that and having it look good. I've seen a few tutorials on making latex masks, but quite frankly they flew right over my head. So, does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the outfit seems easier, albeit time consuming.

I have no delusions that I can make something as good as the italian sfx guy posted earlier, but something that doesn't look too stupid would be nice.

Madmarker has a new favorite as of 19:01 on May 26, 2015

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Madmarker posted:

Hey I got back from Animazement in Raleigh this year, and had a great time parading around as Mario. Anyway, the fun I had in my relatively slapdash costume got me inspired to try and do something that actually required effort to look decent. So I want to try and put together a Majin Buu costume as I love dragonballz, can do Majin Buu's voice and well, have the correct physique and dimensions for it. that being said, I want it to look good and not like most sad Majin Buu cosplay I've seen posted here and other places.
The main sticking point seems to be the head, Majin Buu's head and tentacle thing. So does anyone have any good idea's on how to go about making that and having it look good. I've seen a few tutorials on making latex masks, but quite frankly they flew right over my head. So, does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the outfit seems rather easy with the exception of the boots.

I have no delusions that I can make something as good as the italian sfx guy posted earlier, but something that doesn't look too stupid would be nice.

You may want to check out the cosplay creation thread over in DIY.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

fallin1 posted:

You may want to check out the cosplay creation thread over in DIY.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Didn't even know that thread existed, I'll look through and post for help there.

Thanks

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Madmarker posted:

Hey I got back from Animazement in Raleigh this year, and had a great time parading around as Mario. Anyway, the fun I had in my relatively slapdash costume got me inspired to try and do something that actually required effort to look decent. So I want to try and put together a Majin Buu costume as I love dragonballz, can do Majin Buu's voice and well, have the correct physique and dimensions for it. that being said, I want it to look good and not like most sad Majin Buu cosplay I've seen posted here and other places.
The main sticking point seems to be the head, Majin Buu's head and tentacle thing. So does anyone have any good idea's on how to go about making that and having it look good. I've seen a few tutorials on making latex masks, but quite frankly they flew right over my head. So, does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the outfit seems rather easy with the exception of the boots.

What's up fellow Raleigh goon? I have a Facebook feed full of photos from that con. An old friend of mine was Batwoman one day and some blonde chick with a bob haircut, white armor, and a giant sword.. didn't recognize her character.

That said, it seems really hard to make that thing look both seamless and not like a sex toy. Maybe just strap a floppy pink dildo to your head and run with it?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

New Leaf posted:

What's up fellow Raleigh goon? I have a Facebook feed full of photos from that con. An old friend of mine was Batwoman one day and some blonde chick with a bob haircut, white armor, and a giant sword.. didn't recognize her character.

That said, it seems really hard to make that thing look both seamless and not like a sex toy. Maybe just strap a floppy pink dildo to your head and run with it?

Lol, actually I'm a Greensboro goon, only there for the con.

I mean, worst case scenario, I do that as the comedy option but I'm hoping to make something a bit nicer.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Held a little test in the early hours of Denver Comic Con this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XuvNW3sAY

The framing isn't exactly the way I want it, needs to be tighter on the headpiece with more of a view of what's in front of the scoot, but I would love to do this at the next big anime con as a unique way of doing one of those "I managed to get everyone in cosplay at the con" videos.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

VendaGoat posted:

Considering it's Grant, I think his folks are glad he sleeps with a human. :v:

I think that's literally his girlfriend in the picture.

Which, y'know, may be the joke but you can never be too careful with something like that :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

At NYCC this year I plan to make a video of Weird Al's Tacky, as a parody of that "Happy" cosplay video from a while back.

and also because I'll be Six again and "tacky" kinda defines him

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Polaron posted:

I think that's literally his girlfriend in the picture.

Which, y'know, may be the joke but you can never be too careful with something like that :v:

it is :thejoke:

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Howi'shopphotos?.jpg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Boomerjinks posted:

Held a little test in the early hours of Denver Comic Con this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XuvNW3sAY

The framing isn't exactly the way I want it, needs to be tighter on the headpiece with more of a view of what's in front of the scoot, but I would love to do this at the next big anime con as a unique way of doing one of those "I managed to get everyone in cosplay at the con" videos.

You're not supposed to let a scooter drive itself through a convention hall, you need to walk it in. Look how many people you hit :ohdear:.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

drat that carpet gets me every time.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I really hope there was someone cosplaying as Darkseid to sit on a couch near her.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I wish I had taken pictures at the Symphony of the Goddess I attended in Calgary... there was some kick rear end costumes in attendance. An awesome Midna and a very brave Great Fairy. Countless Links.... ugh. So mad I just sat there and ogled instead of snapping away.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Funhilde posted:

Cats love dressing like gnomes and wizards

Mew shall not pass :3:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Grem posted:

drat that carpet gets me every time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Didn't those guys get sued by the carpet manufacturers?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DoctorWhat posted:

Didn't those guys get sued by the carpet manufacturers?

Allegedly they got a cease and desist, yes, but not because of the costume; they put the pattern up for sale so other people could purchase it and wear it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CJacobs posted:

Allegedly they got a cease and desist, yes, but not because of the costume; they put the pattern up for sale so other people could purchase it and wear it.

Volpin's a professional prop maker that does stuff from videogames and the like for game company offices/events or just people's custom orders. He usually tosses something onto Desert Bus for Hope each year too (last year's charity item from him was an amazing Kill-la-Kill Scissor Blade).

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gah, son of a bitch, she looks like someone that isn't who she's cosplaying but I can't put my finger on it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, son of a bitch, she looks like someone that isn't who she's cosplaying but I can't put my finger on it.

Death?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.. And a drat good one too.

Edit: vvv Ah.. I see. Early morning phone posting, should really learn to read without coffee.

New Leaf has a new favorite as of 11:26 on May 28, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

New Leaf posted:

Lust from Full Metal Alchemist.. And a drat good one too.

Well yeah but RareAcumen is saying she looks like someone other than that also and unfortunately I cannot help him there

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Woman in a black catsuit. Hmm that reminds me of something.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

RareAcumen posted:

Lady Deathstrike? I dunno, just spitballin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The hair and expression makes me think of Asami from Legend of Korra, but they look nothing alike otherwise.

• Locked thread