Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

CodeWarrior was the poo poo

also my phone autocorrects CodeWarrior for some reason

Apparently due to some interesting licensing deals you had to use code warrior for Nintendo ds games. Dunno about 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Cyster posted:

Thanks. Making fun things is what I try to do, so it's good to hear you liked 'em.

I liked shiphands while I played, except for that one with the hosed up gravity. Actual only time playing a video game I needed to lay down afterwords due to motion sickness.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Greataval posted:

Holy gently caress its like she walked out A nightmare before christmas. That is awful

Every time my 6 year old complains about brushing her teeth I'm breaking this out.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Iron Tusk posted:

Every time my 6 year old complains about brushing her teeth I'm breaking this out.

please do not commit child abuse

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I'm upset now. This is the first thread on SA that ever upset me.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

CoffeeBooze posted:

I feel kind of bad for mocking someone who is clearly suffering from some rather debilitating mental illness, but for some bizarre reason Franbunny has posted a picture of her teeth on Reddit. It is just too weird not to share with this thread. She even wears a Wildstar t-shirt in the pictures! How's that for free publicity?

For the curious: http://imgur.com/a/PKJZb

Oh, it can't possibly be that ba- :stonk:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

CoffeeBooze posted:

I feel kind of bad for mocking someone who is clearly suffering from some rather debilitating mental illness, but for some bizarre reason Franbunny has posted a picture of her teeth on Reddit. It is just too weird not to share with this thread. She even wears a Wildstar t-shirt in the pictures! How's that for free publicity?

oh my god

panda clue
May 23, 2014
her reddit account is girlwithruinedteeth - why did she name it after her poor dental hygiene? what the gently caress is wrong with this person?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Those teeth aren't solely the fault of bad oral hygiene. She inherited some awfully unfortunate genes. They're out of place, not just poorly maintained.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also owns not one but two wildstar shirts which is probably a more damning indicator of character am i right goonbois?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Once upon a time it was really cool to be anonymous on the internet instead of, well, whatever this is

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 05:24 on May 28, 2015

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I bet the next time anyone in this thread buys a tube of toothpaste, they're gonna pay the extra couple bucks for the nice stuff.

If you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go floss for 6 hours.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cthulhoo posted:

going by what i read itt carbine has development practices so terrible compared to which invisible bunnies is p much nothing

like literally not testing patches and putting them out on live instead of test and stuff

That wasn't the problem at all. The problem is game breaking bugs would be reported and well documented on both /bug reports and forums posts but the devs would go "Well we need to make this patch cycle so gently caress it, throw it in we'll fix it next month!"

This admittedly happens in every MMO to some degree or another, the difference being other MMO's did things called "Hotfixes" after major patches to fix the major game stoppages. Carbine just said "gently caress it, it can wait till next cycle" sometimes leaving entire classes out in the cold for a month or more.

My personal "Straw that broke the camels back" was one of these. The class that I really meshed with was Spellslinger, one of the best amps from spellslinger would knock .5 seconds off every cooldown every time you spammed your basic filler attack. Every cooldown. Carbine decided this was a bit too powerful (Probably true) and modified it so it would reduce damage cooldowns by .5 seconds and utility cooldowns by .25 (Most stuns/CC breaks etc were utility cooldowns). The problem is they never modified the UI timers to reflect this, so beyond your "Do damage" cooldowns you had absolutely no clue if any of your utilities were off cooldown because their actual cooldown status wasn't reflected by the UI in any way shape or form.

This made doing dungeons impossible as you needed to strip their CC armor off in order to avoid wipe mechanics, so I'd be frantically mashing my CC utility buttons which said they were available, but where actually still on a cooldown that was 100% hidden from me because carbine is loving retarded.

This state of affairs was allowed to sit for over a month, pretty much stalling every non healer SS.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CoffeeBooze posted:

jesus christ

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Her reddit username is u/girlwithruinedteeth, I didn't realize how literal that was. what the hell.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I was going to skip brushing my teeth tonight..... Ya, nope... Brushing for at least 10 mins.

Really not surprised she looks the way she does. Did you all expect someone attractive looking to be as mentally insane as her?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Everybody is making the brushing jokes, but I seriously did brush longer last night and this morning.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I am glad I noticed that image was bad teeth before clicking it because that is my trigger

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
update: just brushed teeth.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002
Guys it's ok, teeth grow back.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Holyshoot posted:

Really not surprised she looks the way she does. Did you all expect someone attractive looking to be as mentally insane as her?

:psyboom:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Gaybee posted:

Guys it's ok, teeth grow back.

Looking forward to Shark Week on July 5th?

If you don't have a Philips Sonicare electric tooth brush you are going to get gingivitis tomorrow.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Attractive people are quirky. uggos , fattos, midnight jellies, and ditch dragons are ugly

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

So this is what a person who literally lives video games looks like.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And there's the official F2P announcement.

Reddit should be in good spirits today.

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

this is much better news than bad teeth

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Iron Tusk posted:

*rubs hands*

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
The faq goes to a 404, now I'll never know what to expect from this game.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
At long last, you pay exactly what the game is worth.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/iwHbH812WxE

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I was reading through what f2p accounts were missing and none of it looked too terrible, until I ran into this dealbreaker:

quote:

Cannot invite into or create a Warparty

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If you go to the bottom of the FREE TO PLAY faq page (or any other page) it still has a huge advertisement to buy boxed copies of the game for $40.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Iron Tusk posted:

Why does it have a big "Signup for beta" button?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Minsky posted:

I was reading through what f2p accounts were missing and none of it looked too terrible, until I ran into this dealbreaker:

Really though, it's not a bad f2p system. It seems like a more generous version of SWTOR's, without all the access restriction bullshit. No having to buy tokens to raid or dumb escrow poo poo.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh my god it's completely pay2win too

pay players get bonus everything. exp, money, crafting overcharge success, on and on

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I don't think you understand where "pay2win" comes from

there were MMOs that were f2p that had endgame content you could literally not beat without the cash shop potions and items that made you strong enough to survive

what they're doing is basically "pay2convenience"

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Yeah this is as tame as f2p systems get.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This is a good F2P conversion.

Quick rundown.

Subscribers get:

- Extra slots on the AH and Commodities stuff
- 25% extra XP and currency
- More bank slots, char slots, etc. normal stuff for f2p
- Priority queue

Everyone gets:

- All dungeons, endgame content, etc
- Housing (1000 item limit for free, 2000 item limit for subs)
- All races, classes, etc

Seems rad

See yall in f2p wildstar

Crumpet
Apr 22, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

I don't think you understand where "pay2win" comes from

there were MMOs that were f2p that had endgame content you could literally not beat without the cash shop potions and items that made you strong enough to survive

what they're doing is basically "pay2convenience"

Mattavist posted:

Yeah this is as tame as f2p systems get.

it's not really that tame compared to some other mmos. this is more like the tera model, which isn't great, but is better than a lot of models out there.

saying something is 'normal for f2p' is kind of stupid, cause the standards have fallen pretty far since the first ones were introduced. people's tolerance for a good f2p system are way worse than they were even a couple of years ago, due to all the absolutely poo poo ones out there.

bear in mind this is the state at the time of announcement. people need to wait to see the full details before declaring anything extreme on either side ('oh it's great!' or 'oh it's awful!'), and it could always get worse months (or longer) after the f2p transition happens.

on another note, lol, this happened sooner than i thought it would. i wonder how much good it will actually do to a game that has an actively toxic brand. we'll have to wait and see, i suppose.

i still wont play the game, and nobody else should, too, jesus christ (did you even read any of the criticism?).

edit: vvv yeah the stuff that can drop from mobs is a fine addition, but it's probably going to be one of those where there's quite a lot of grinding to get anything worthwhile. which i guess is fine? you'd need full details first, but it's better than having nothing at all

Crumpet fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah, it sounds basically like SWTORs system, or GW2 without the box price. Omnibits are a bit novel, in that you can grind for them. SWTOR gives you cartel coins for achievements, but those are once per account. At any rate, you are probably looking at some serious grind to get anything worthwhile, but it's a nice little bonus.

This sounds perfectly standard F2P. It should work pretty well.

• Locked thread