Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Ahahaha now Uruguay are trying to piggyback off this and get Suarez' ban overturned

E: http://www.espnfc.com/uruguay/story/2470242/luis-suarez-ban-may-be-appealed-after-fifa-charges

Lmao joke of a country, gonna get mauled at Copa America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
UEFA aren't going to block the vote and will mostly vote for Prince Ali who has told them he has 60 votes outside UEFA. So Blatter is definitely winning

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Ahahaha now Uruguay are trying to piggyback off this and get Suarez' ban overturned

E: http://www.espnfc.com/uruguay/story/2470242/luis-suarez-ban-may-be-appealed-after-fifa-charges

ahahaha there is nothing about this that doesn't own

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
It makes me angry that Sepp can get away with this by paying off some tinpot dictators in the Caribbean and Africa.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...lion-in-bribes/

cool

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Dirk Pitt posted:

It makes me angry that Sepp can get away with this by paying off some tinpot dictators in the Caribbean and Africa.

Why do you think he is paying them off?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

UEFA aren't going to block the vote and will mostly vote for Prince Ali who has told them he has 60 votes outside UEFA. So Blatter is definitely winning

I read on Spiegel.de that Central and North America fully support Blatter, too!

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Kwagga posted:

Don't see the problem with this. I hope this sets a precedent and the world finally takes a serious look at my claim that a FIFA official was sitting in the stands during the final of USA '94 and was reflecting the sun off his watch into Baggio's eyes when he was taking that penalty.

This checks out, and the watch was an illegal gift from FIFA to boot.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Greg Dyke has said he will not retake his seat at the executive committee if Blatter is re-elected.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Greg Dyke has said he will not retake his seat at the executive committee if Blatter is re-elected.
Well that's it, Blatter's hosed now

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Crazy Ted posted:

The UEFA General Secretary is calling for the election to be postponed and also for a "complete reboot" of FIFA.

Ryan Reynolds to take over the sepp Blatter role is the itk gossip I'm hearing

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

dogboy posted:

I read on Spiegel.de that Central and North America fully support Blatter, too!

CONCACAF is mostly corrupt Caribbean people. They consist of 41 national federations, of which 3 are mostly sane (Canada, USA, Mexico) but the rest are shitholes that are happy if Blatter gives them money for their vote.

Oh and by the way, UEFA will not boycott the congress, probably because Russia & Friends said "haha gently caress you we are going to vote for our friend".

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I don't think there is any football federation you could really call sane. Chuck Blazer has been as corrupt as anyone else, he just found out soon enough that talking will spare him a lot of harm in the future. Also European Federations got in on this many decades ago with entities like ISL/adidas actively helping to invent this whole business of sports curruption.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Honj Steak posted:

I don't think there is any football federation you could really call sane. Chuck Blazer has been as corrupt as anyone else, he just found out soon enough that talking will spare him a lot of harm in the future. Also European Federations got in on this many decades ago with entities like ISL/adidas actively helping to invent this whole business of sports curruption.

Sane in this context means that they don't support people that are openly hated and try to keep their corruption better hidden.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
UEFA should force really strict drug testing on Spanish teams if they vote for Blatter

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Der Shovel posted:

Incredible

Also loving how hard platini is going after blatter. This is a man who got given a picasso by the russian bid and who's son got a 7 figure job in qatar with no experience, he is so desperate to be the next head

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I've seen several retards here in news comments unironically say that the U.S. Have no moral right to do this because they need to investigate the snow game first.

GaussianCopula posted:

CONCACAF is mostly corrupt Caribbean people. They consist of 41 national federations, of which 3 are mostly sane (Canada, USA, Mexico) but the rest are shitholes that are happy if Blatter gives them money for their vote

loving lmao if you think the Mexicans don't take bribes, and a certain Mr Blazer proves that the Americans do too so only Canada's vote is pure and untainted.

E: seeing now that Li donated $100k to PLN, one of the major political parties here. Hoping this gets those pieces of poo poo in trouble too somehow.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 28, 2015

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Platini is going crazy with talking to the media, from the Guardian live thing, a few choice quotes:

Plaitini posted:

Sometimes I have stomach troubles and that relates to Fifa problems. Honestly, myself as a lover of Fifa, I’m a great admirer of it’s history, I really don’t know where to put myself. I have had enough, enough is enough. Too much is too much.

Today we had a meeting of the 54 members, tomorrow when it comes to the election of the presidency a very big majority of European national associations will vote Prince Ali. People don’t want (Sepp Blatter) anymore and I don’t want him anymore either. I have always said they want Fifa to be strong and Fifa is no longer strong. I am still trying to convince some [European football associations] who are not totally convinced.

I told him ‘Sepp, I’d like to speak to you man to man, face to face.’ He said ‘It’s too late. I can’t all of a sudden leave when congress starts this afternoon.’

I told Sepp Blatter to leave, to step down, because you are giving Fifa a terrible image. It’s not easy to tell a friend that he must leave but that is the way history is going. I’m saying this with sadness, with tears in my eyes. There have been too many scandals.

Prince Ali is young, he’s ambitious and that’s why I support him. He can do some good, he doesn’t need money. Things are a bit complicated in his region because he doesn’t have the support of his region but he’s a man that can do a lot of good.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

https://youtu.be/1d6UKHaHvKw russia today on the scandal

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dex_sda posted:

https://youtu.be/1d6UKHaHvKw russia today on the scandal

The soviets have not lost their flair for propaganda.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Twat le Piss posted:

Platini is going crazy with talking to the media, from the Guardian live thing, a few choice quotes:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

good one

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32909649

Bit bemused this article has dragged poor Jozy into this mess. It seems to suggest 'his ability to defend the near post at corners and "run the channels' is akin to the pleasure we've all had over the US Attorney General's intervention, or something.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Can someone explain to me what's happening here but comparing it to Star Wars so I can actually understand

Thank you as an american

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cadfael posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32909649

Bit bemused this article has dragged poor Jozy into this mess. It seems to suggest 'his ability to defend the near post at corners and "run the channels' is akin to the pleasure we've all had over the US Attorney General's intervention, or something.

lol gifman strikes again

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Can someone explain to me what's happening here but comparing it to Star Wars so I can actually understand

Thank you as an american

I cannot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

El Hefe posted:

Thank you as an american
Sure thing buddy

FIFA is poo poo trash, like Star Wars

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Do not disparage against Saint Blatter

quote:

"I'm a Christian and this is blasphemy," Nascimento Lopes told Insideworldfootball

"It's a state conspiracy. People are always trying to knock Blatter. Africa will vote for Mr Blatter and I will follow that. I agree at some point there has to be change but let Blatter finish his mandate and see what he does. It's not all about the major European football countries. If you point three fingers at someone, there's is always one you point at yourself. Tomorrow we are going to vote for Blatter. How do we know anyone else would be any better?"

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

If you point three fingers at someone, there is always one you point at yourself.

...what?

lmaoboy1998
Oct 23, 2013
If you think its appropriate to reference any film with talking robots, the Batman, zombies, magic or elves in when conversing with other adults you have serious brain damage. IMO.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d6UKHaHvKw

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

El Hefe posted:

Thank you as an american

All of football is rulled by the evil FIFA empire, lead by Darth Blatter; following the rule of two, he has but one apprentice, Darth Platini, though they command an immense army of evil and corrupt followers, who in turn dominate all the member nations.

Just this week, thanks to the arrest and turning of the villainous, fat criminal Chuck the Hutt, and the efforts of the Swiss - many of whom died to bring them this information - the American Rebel Alliance has struck a crippling blow to Darth Blatter and the FIFA Empire. Sensing the weakness of his master, Darth Platini now seeks to overthrow him and take his place as the Dark Lord.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

NTRabbit posted:

All of football is rulled by the evil FIFA empire, lead by Darth Blatter; following the rule of two, he has but one apprentice, Darth Platini, though they command an immense army of evil and corrupt followers, who in turn dominate all the member nations.

Just this week, thanks to Chuck the Hutt, and the Swiss - many of whom died to bring them this information - the American Rebel Alliance has struck a crippling blow to Darth Blatter and the FIFA Empire. Sensing the weakness of his master, Darth Platini now seeks to overthrow him and take his place as the Dark Lord.

Thank you

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

dex_sda posted:

If you point three fingers at someone, there is always one you point at yourself.

...what?

Makes sense to me.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmaoboy1998 posted:

If you think its appropriate to reference any film with talking robots, the Batman, zombies, magic or elves in when conversing with other adults you have serious brain damage. IMO.

welcome back lmaoboy1998, you were missed

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

dex_sda posted:

...what?

they were put on backwards after being hacked off in a warcrime

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I guess you could say Blatter is very much like Voldemort and Loreta Lynch is Dumbledore?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Twat le Piss posted:

It's almost as if Platini wants to become president himself and finally rule the football world.

Or he is just a deer staring in the headlights of corruption while wiping away a single tear shed for the loss of innocence in professional football.

He's probably behind it though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

ozmunkeh posted:

they were put on backwards after being hacked off in a warcrime

Daaaaaaaamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Just this week, thanks to the arrest and turning of the villainous, fat criminal Chuck the Hutt, and the efforts of the Swiss - many of whom died to bring them this information - the American Rebel Alliance has struck a crippling blow to Darth Blatter and the FIFA Empire. Sensing the weakness of his master, Darth Platini now seeks to overthrow him and take his place as the Dark Lord.

In TRP we source our quotes