Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
He does something with IT networking. I say this not because I don't understand IT networking, but because I can't remember what his actual job title was. I think he said hes going to Missouri for tech school.

He's not retard moto, he's just moto in the "Wow, I'm now in the greatest military in the world! I can't wait to get to my unit and work with other intelligent and hard-working people who believe in the organization and it's mission, away from these idiots that can't march or take instruction because they will surely disappear before my first duty station" way...like I was after basic training. In my defense, I was fresh out of high school while he's been a department manager at home depot for like 4 years.

He only joined because his half-korean girlfriends parents (us army dad, ethnic korean mom) didn't think retail was a real job and said he could only marry her if he was in the military, and me and his army-vet twin convinced him to stay the gently caress away from the army. I was unable to convince my air force brother to get his girlfriend to marry him before basic or tech school, and she was really sad when I explained how much money she flushed down the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hhahahahahaha holy gently caress.

enlisted.txt

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I like to think I was a quick learner as in the first week of being at basic there was this weird obsession with singing stupid songs.

It was at that point I had wondered if I had made a mistake.

I had.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Triggs posted:

How'd you get your foot in the door for that? I'm at a point in my career that I'm thinking of getting out and falling back on my IT degree. I don't have any certifications right now and that's really the only thing holding me back.

Certs help of course, but it's mainly just knowing people. My dad was high up at Northrop Grumman, got me a good job there, I got a ton of experience and they paid for my certs. IT is mainly nepotism until you get high enough where you can punch your own ticket.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

not caring here posted:

I like to think I was a quick learner as in the first week of being at basic there was this weird obsession with singing stupid songs.

It was at that point I had wondered if I had made a mistake.

I had.

In basic, the majority of the other guys on my side of the bay would all sing Lion King songs together in the shower.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

we had a dude in basic who would beg the DS to let him call cadence but they kept telling him no, he would gently caress it up.

finally on the day before graduation he was given the chance. We marched to chow singing "I want it that way" by the backstreet boys.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Triggs posted:

How'd you get your foot in the door for that? I'm at a point in my career that I'm thinking of getting out and falling back on my IT degree. I don't have any certifications right now and that's really the only thing holding me back.

SH/SC has several threads that can help you get started.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Aranan posted:

In basic, the majority of the other guys on my side of the bay would all sing Lion King songs together in the shower.

we had guys shaving other guys assholes, dudes scrubbing eachothers backs, and the only person i ever snitched on in the army was the guy who admitted to not wiping his rear end after taking a poo poo before he would get in the shower

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

basic makes you really gay, and not in the homosexual way

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Justin Tyme posted:

basic makes you really gay, and not in the homosexual way

Lifting weights in a swoldering hot room where half the people are wearing nothing but tan underwear is pretty homosexual tbh.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Lifting weights in a swoldering hot room where half the people are wearing nothing but tan underwear is pretty homosexual tbh.

Only if you aren't comfortable with your own sexuality :q:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Justin Tyme posted:

Only if you aren't comfortable with your own sexuality :q:

we're in an army thread

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Seems like an appropriate time for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2D0tHeNTw

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

He called them faggots, better call SHARP

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

WHOA :siren: PROBLEMATIC WORD

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8bzl6dqQI

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer
Honduras is awesome. AFN is awesome (I wear a polo and khakis to work every day). Doing afternoon radio is awesome.

Only bad thing is someone found out I came here from the Old Guard, and now i have to hold the US flag for some CoC.

I told them I was PAO, for christsakes, not to mention three inches too short to even try out for TOG color team (6'6" min.). No dice. It's me, another Army guy, 2 AF, and some Honduran. We're gonna be ate the gently caress up! Woohoo!

Still worth it. Went ziplining for 30$ last weekend, then BBQd by the pool on Sunday. First Memorial day off in 4 years. gently caress the Old Guard.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

thetechnoloser posted:

gently caress the Old Guard.

you almost got it

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
Congrats everybody.

We finally did it. My platoon was the first this year to have an SIR every week for one month straight. I win the LT betting pool, so I can drink myself to death on nice booze at least. This most recent one involved crack, auto theft, and a baby mama. I don't know what the gently caress anymore.

TheAlphaChaser fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 28, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Butt chug yourself to death with your winnings.

It is the only way to escape the pain.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
to be fair literally everything from soldier not taking his trash out to rape is an SIR now

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
My favorite middle of the night call was for my armorer, who cheated on his wife and ended up run the gently caress over by said wife. She ran his rear end down in the grocery store parking lot, broke both his legs, then hopped out and started crying about what she did. Last I saw they're still married.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
E7 takes his wife to Berlin for their anniversary, gets hammered, beats her, tries to drown her in the toilet of the 5-star hotel, leaves her for dead, drives home 3 hours, hits 3 separate cars in the last half hour, ditches his ride after the last hit, has a police chopper look for him, dead-reckons the last 10 miles home on foot, opts to go straight to a club and brag about his great day to his buddies, buddies try to talk sense into him, dude gets picked up by courtesy patrol.

Marriage still intact 4 years later.

USAREUR!

:patriot:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Good old USAREUR. Some wives had a prostitution ring going on while we were deployed in the housing area on our base.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Goddamn. I think that one wins.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Duzzy Funlop posted:

E7 takes his wife to Berlin for their anniversary, gets hammered, beats her, tries to drown her in the toilet of the 5-star hotel, leaves her for dead, drives home 3 hours, hits 3 separate cars in the last half hour, ditches his ride after the last hit, has a police chopper look for him, dead-reckons the last 10 miles home on foot, opts to go straight to a club and brag about his great day to his buddies, buddies try to talk sense into him, dude gets picked up by courtesy patrol.

Marriage still intact 4 years later.

USAREUR!

:patriot:

He could have just passed out and called it a day but nooooooo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

My buddy just PCS'd to Hood and was notified that he has an upcoming 30 day FTX, followed by an NTC rotation, followed by another 30 day FTX, followed by another NTC rotation, followed by two weeks of block leave, and then a 9 month deployment to Korea.

And the Army wonders why retention is suddenly becoming an issue.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Wow.

I mean... drat. Is he a pog at least or is he going to be rolling around in the dirt?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

sky shark posted:

Wow.

I mean... drat. Is he a pog at least or is he going to be rolling around in the dirt?

Officers I thought avoided the mud at least...

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

My buddy just PCS'd to Hood and was notified that he has an upcoming 30 day FTX, followed by an NTC rotation, followed by another 30 day FTX, followed by another NTC rotation, followed by two weeks of block leave, and then a 9 month deployment to Korea.

A buddy of mine has had three NTC rotations since I met her on my first one last summer, she is on her third one now. Oh yeah and reserve...

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
But guys, you get free Healthcare while you're in!!

Not that you're allowed to use it, but I hear it's great...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Aranan posted:

But guys, you get free Healthcare while you're in!!

Not that you're allowed to use it, but I hear it's great...

After four years the army finally did some dental work, totalling 7 root canals in one visit in January. But no crowns, because the Army doesn't do crowns apparently, then they sent me on deployment and three of my teeth have exploded.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Geirskogul posted:

After four years the army finally did some dental work, totalling 7 root canals in one visit in January. But no crowns, because the Army doesn't do crowns apparently, then they sent me on deployment and three of my teeth have exploded.

You just need to get the right dentist.

True story from the Black Boot Army days. Was PCSing from Germany and was clearing the Dental Clinic and they said I needed to have a tooth filled. Three months later at Meade, the filling falls out. I go on Dental sick call and get the filling replaced.

Three months later, the same filling falls out. Back to Dental sick call. This time, I get a civilian dentist who is a Reservist doing his 2 weeks AT. He informs me that what fell out wasn't the filling, but the half of my tooth that had rotted away. Evidently, when the filling fell out the first time, the Army dentist just filled it again without cleaning it out or anything. He proceeds to repair what's left of my tooth with a gold crown.

Gotta love that free dental.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sky shark posted:

Wow.

Brigade engineer, so he'll be out and about more than most officers.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

psydude posted:

Holy poo poo why am I reenlisting.

Answer: I am gay

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

psydude posted:

Brigade engineer, so he'll be out and about more than most officers.

haha wow. Poor bastard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nimmy posted:

Please surrender whatever remains in your skull. You clearly no longer need it.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nimmy posted:

I forgot to mention that he got back from Afghanistan last July.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

Tell him to drop his packet for SF and GTFO of there.

• Locked thread