Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is there not a Sort button on the harder levels or something? Once you press sort it puts your sword oils as the first items...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If anyone is having inventory issues I just managed to shed a ton of weight by dismantling most of the "junk" I was carrying into crafting materials. This is especially useful with animal hides which are pretty heavy but break down into 1-2 mats that weigh .01 each.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Avalerion posted:

Is this PS4 only or PC as well? gently caress if I have to restart because of this...

I won't be restarting anytime soon if they don't retroactively award the exp I should have earned. I'm getting old and I've just about had it with this kind of poo poo. Frustrating.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CerebralDonut posted:

Ending stuff:

There are 3 endings that are based on 5 decision points.

1. Drinking vs snowball fight at Kaer Morhen - snowball fight is the right choice. It's not obvious that this will happen based on the dialog choices you get. Basically a major character dies in the story, Ciri mopes, and you talk to her. You have two dialogue choices: 1) "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything" and 2) "Think I know what might lift your spirits." #2 is the correct choice.
2. Shortly after this you have a decision where you must visit the emperor vs killing a Wild Hunt Commander - goto Vizima to see the emperor and refuse his coin first.
3. Ciri meets with the sorceresses of the Lodge - let her go in alone.
4. Elf Lab - let her gently caress up the lab.
5. Skjall Burial - go with her.

You'll get a "good ending" from doing these (I think at least 3/5). What ensures that you get the Empress ending vs Ciri becoming a witcher is doing a few political subquests (Eye for an Eye, Deadly Plot, and Redania's Most Wanted) in Novigrad. Visit Emhyr when prompted and during Reason of State, you MUST side with Roche.

im quoting this so when i get to one of these parts i can reference it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

hagie posted:

Is there not a Sort button on the harder levels or something? Once you press sort it puts your sword oils as the first items...

Oils always get moved to the top, and everything gets automatically sorted every time you switch inventory panels. Not necessarily by any useful criteria, mind you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That reminds me. Is there a reason to dismantle books and notes?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

CerebralDonut posted:

Ending stuff:

There are 3 endings that are based on 5 decision points.

1. Drinking vs snowball fight at Kaer Morhen - snowball fight is the right choice. It's not obvious that this will happen based on the dialog choices you get. Basically a major character dies in the story, Ciri mopes, and you talk to her. You have two dialogue choices: 1) "Relax, you don't have to be good at everything" and 2) "Think I know what might lift your spirits." #2 is the correct choice.
2. Shortly after this you have a decision where you must visit the emperor vs killing a Wild Hunt Commander - goto Vizima to see the emperor and refuse his coin first.
3. Ciri meets with the sorceresses of the Lodge - let her go in alone.
4. Elf Lab - let her gently caress up the lab.
5. Skjall Burial - go with her.

You'll get a "good ending" from doing these (I think at least 3/5). What ensures that you get the Empress ending vs Ciri becoming a witcher is doing a few political subquests (Eye for an Eye, Deadly Plot, and Redania's Most Wanted) in Novigrad. Visit Emhyr when prompted and during Reason of State, you MUST side with Roche.

I only did two of those (1 and 5) and still got the "good" ending. I was supportive of Ciri making her own decisions whenever it came up as a direct dialog option though.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So did 1.04 break everything? Loading problems and XP not being awarded for quests? I probably shouldn't have updated, but it seems even if you turn Automatic Updates off Galaxy still tries to do it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Will you be able to do play the expansions after completing the story, or wil it be a Mass Effect style put you back at the point of no return deal?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

Will you be able to do play the expansions after completing the story, or wil it be a Mass Effect style put you back at the point of no return deal?

I believe you can keep playing after the ending anyway so it shouldn't matter.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Junkenstein posted:

After the ending you basically get put back into the world "outside" the story. You can still do all side quests and stuff, but the story related stuff is gone.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a way to roll back the last patch with the GOG galaxy version? I want to play tonight but I also want to get xp.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bort Bortles posted:

Does anyone know if the Feline Enhanced and whatnot gear improves much on the base set? (other than raw numbers, of course). The +10% resistance to elemental damage is super lovely compared to the "Assassin" gear I found/crafted.
Anyone have any info on this?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Ice Fist posted:

I don't, I just know from experience.

Edit: Believe me, when you go down the green tree and your whole build revolves around using potions, oils and bombs you clean out your usable items tab at like every loving merchant: "JESUS JUST TAKE THIS STUFF FOR FREE, Yes, that love letter from my GF too."

I kinda miss the chest from The Witcher 2 where you could drop in all the stuff you didn't want to lug around, but still wanted to save for later/just in case, and it would automatically travel with you from chapter to chapter

Hell, is it too late for CDR to make a 17th DLC that adds a strongbox to Vivaldi's bank that you can use to store stuff?

Another thing that bugs me is all the orphaned quest items that stick around even after their quest is concluded. I really don't feel the need to continue lugging around the key to some random trader's cage, or the letter some hunter wrote about his curse.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

NaDy posted:

Is there a way to roll back the last patch with the GOG galaxy version? I want to play tonight but I also want to get xp.

You probably can't load your character if you've saved since the new patch.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't see how storage would solve the problem in the least - it's the exact same problem except now you add "what do I store" to "what do I sell" and "what do I drop". You still have to do one of those tedious things every time your inventory fills up.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Does the 1.4 patch break quest xp for everyone? I was playing with it yesterday and I could swear I was still getting xp. Maybe I just got a level from monster xp or something, but I could swear quest xp was functioning properly.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Anyone have any info on this?

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/best-armor/

Click on the specific set's name to see the stats.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Oils always get moved to the top, and everything gets automatically sorted every time you switch inventory panels. Not necessarily by any useful criteria, mind you.

The game seemingly sorts stuff by general category (runes, equippable item, oils, books/notes, alchemy ingredient, crafting ingredient, etc) first. But inside of those, it definetly sorts by the order that the items were picked up in (in the case of stackable items, adding additional instances of items doesn't chance its position). Dropping an item or stack, and then picking it up again, puts it last in the order.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Junkenstein posted:

Post-game the entire "Main" category under quests is gone. Secondary/Contracts/Treasure Hunts remain untouched. Most of the things you lose out on quest-wise you lose over the course of the game by choosing one path or another; the only thing you're going to be missing is the ability to run through the final sprint again. By the time you get there you've already made your decisions.

It FEELS less impactful because you've finished the story, and the urgency is gone. In terms of missing out on content because you've decided to finish the main arc of Geralt's story, though, there's really nothing to worry about.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Crigit posted:

Does the 1.4 patch break quest xp for everyone? I was playing with it yesterday and I could swear I was still getting xp. Maybe I just got a level from monster xp or something, but I could swear quest xp was functioning properly.

I think it's about quests you out level until they turn grey.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

roymorrison posted:

Like holy gently caress this game is annoying everything is an hp sponge unless u go through the terrible loving menus to use some lovely oil buried under 400 pages of goddamn books and notes.

Like the amount of bullshit i have to go through just to have an enjoyable fight is staggering

:gitgud:

Bort Bortles posted:

Does anyone know if the Feline Enhanced and whatnot gear improves much on the base set? (other than raw numbers, of course). The +10% resistance to elemental damage is super lovely compared to the "Assassin" gear I found/crafted.

Feline gear has +10% to attack power on each piece at the superior level and 5% before that. Don't even care about the other stats.

Darth Windu posted:

None right now but I've seen them, warts and all. Cases like the baron's are never as clear cut as feminists would have you believe.

The baron's case is absolutely clearcut, as is every other case that engages in his... behavior, hth.

I still found him sympathetic and I ultimately did send the wife with him. That has more to do with my main personal game goal of murdering every witch hunter personally so I knew sending her to the daughter wouldn't work out at all. But spousal abuse is one of those black and white issues.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

NaDy posted:

That wouldn't help you with the xp problem, see

someone at CDPR posted:

We are aware of the issue and working on it. It's not related to 1.04 it just becomes apparent at some point in the game. We're sorry for this!

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

i'm about a day away from having nightmares about all of these question marks.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

Riso posted:

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Avalerion posted:

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/best-armor/

Click on the specific set's name to see the stats.
Thanks but sadly the page on the Enhanced stuff does not include any stats: http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/enhanced-cat-feline-gear/
That is why I was asking the thread :v:

Failboattootoot posted:

Feline gear has +10% to attack power on each piece at the superior level and 5% before that. Don't even care about the other stats.
Is that even good? Doesnt seem like a big deal when there are other items that I can get to stack up critical hit bonuses and have better secondary boosts. I would have expected the Light Armor school to help stack the bonuses that going light armor already does...

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Well gently caress. I'll be shelving this one for a bit considering I'm level 2 and almost done with White Orchard. I have no desire to do all that poo poo again. Back to Bloodborne and DS2.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bort Bortles posted:

Thanks but sadly the page on the Enhanced stuff does not include any stats: http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/enhanced-cat-feline-gear/

Yes it does, it's the third picture just under the armor screens. :)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Bort Bortles posted:

Is that even good? Doesnt seem like a big deal when there are other items that I can get to stack up critical hit bonuses and have better secondary boosts. I would have expected the Light Armor school to help stack the bonuses that going light armor already does...

I have never played a game where crit boosts and other goony modifiers like it were a better return than raw damage.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Riso posted:

I think that's the intended behavior (which seems pretty stupid, let's punish players for exploration in our open-world game!) But actually, many quests that are within the appropriate level range don't give XP. I didn't gain experience from a single one of the story quests in Skellige. I did a bit here and there from contracts and random secondary quests, however.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How the hell do you break experience rewards. :psyduck:

And bah, Griffin build is so much better than Cat build I'm kind of sad. I want to be all dodgy and stabby, but Death March really pushes you towards spells and I don't like how strong they are.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I did the story quests in skellige in 1.04 and they gave me a ton of XP even though I outlevel them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I ended up at level 35 near the end of the story, which is more than enough to do all the remaining side missions as well. Don't worry that some side quests doesn't give exp, you're not gonna miss out on anything.

Andrast posted:

What difficulty were you playing on? The harder difficulties give less XP.
Blood and Broken Bones.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 28, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

I ended up at level 35 near the end of the story, which is more than enough to do all the remaining side missions as well. Don't worry that some side quests does't give exp, you're not gonna miss out on anything.

What difficulty were you playing on? The harder difficulties give less XP.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I was of two minds about this game but I just went to a play and now I'm sold 100%, ayy lmao.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
Just finished the game, well the main storyline. Just wanted to say what a great game. Got the best ending so yay and the relationship between Ciri and Geralt is so well done . Congrats CD Projekt Red.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

He's wrong.

His complaint basically boils down to "there are two acceptable combat systems and it's not one of those so it's bad and don't play it." He complains that he can't predict what attack animation Geralt is going to do, but if you pay attention the attack animation depends on distance to the enemy. If you attack a close enemy Geralt will whack at it, if you attack a far enemy Geralt will try to close the distance with a big swooshy leaping twirling attack. I can see the complaint if you're constantly targeting the wrong enemy and then doing big splashy attacks and getting hit, but you can cancel out if you make a mistake. While the Witcher 3 combat isn't perfect it is pretty good. The biggest problem is the soft lock-on tends to target the wrong person after you sidestep. If you plan to bait an enemy and then sidestep him it's best to lock onto him so you don't accidentally charge his buddies behind him.
The thing is, it's kinda annoying. It doesn't work as well as, say, in Batman games and it never achieves the same kind of flow. The kind of combat Witcher is going for would benefit more from fixed attack strings, so you could reliably bait and poke enemies mid attack. It's not bad, but it tends to be more annoying in higher difficulties, until you get access to more options, and then it's just a cakewalk.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't decide if I want to help Dijkstra or Roche when it comes to ruling Novigrad. On the one hand I had cool adventures with Roche in 2, but he's not as cool in 3.. and on the other Dijkstra is likely to be the best thing for the city and has been a pretty cool dude all around.

What did you goons do and why?

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I did the story quests in skellige in 1.04 and they gave me a ton of XP even though I outlevel them.

I guess the issue isn't affecting everyone. Even in Novigrad, I didn't get any XP for any of Dandelion's quests (the main quests and secondary quests), but I got a huge amount from Triss's. At the time I thought it was just very unpolished design, but now I wonder if it wasn't the bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

None right now but I've seen them, warts and all. Cases like the baron's are never as clear cut as feminists would have you believe.

Yes they are.

The baron is an abusive monster who murdered someone to prevent his wife leaving him and then proceeded to beat her frequently because she loathed him.

It is 100% unarguably without any form, question or shape black and white. There is no universe in which I was cuckolded is an excuse for murder and abuse.