Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wow, a Math degree AND published?
Too bad he isn't smart enough to do something besides football.
Those Micro-concussions will render him hardly able to balance his checkbook in short order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 5/28/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vargo posted:

On the slightest of technicalities, Keaton played a "costumed character" last year.

He was on all the posters, what more do you want.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 29, 1928)

Peanuts (May 30, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (March 30-31, 1927)

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (March 30-31, 1927)

You ok there, Curly? Looking a little... Uhh...

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope Jarvis or whatever his name is doesn't get that sangria on his good boat shoes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You know what, I cracked a half-smile at "tiny clarinet." Sue me, or possibly call a neurologist.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Oh hmm yes a pop culture reference, how unoriginal but I think we shall let it slide.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set celebrates their love.

Working Daze does the opposite of humor.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is about my life.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
How about a good comic now?
Cul De sac

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze does the opposite of humor.

:wtf: Are those warts or something? And he looks like a skinny version of the mouse guy from Fast Track.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:wtf: Are those warts or something? And he looks like a skinny version of the mouse guy from Fast Track.

I think they're supposed to be zits, because I think that character is supposed to be young or something? I honestly have no idea because they can't do any character building beyond "<CHARACTER> has <SINGLE TRAIT>".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Goddamn you get screwed in the US.

We get four weeks holiday (minimum) with up to 20% loading, one week of long service leave per 60 weeks worked, minimum 10 days sick leave, etc.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

How about a good comic now?
Cul De sac

It seemed like a thing that should be done.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

We get four weeks holiday (minimum) with up to 20% loading, one week of long service leave per 60 weeks worked, minimum 10 days sick leave, etc.

It's a bit better if you have an office job, but yeah if you're a retail worker you get poo poo for time off.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

You don't have to lie to us, you know.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Welp, I just laughed at Bizarro, I'll see myself out.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Trilobite posted:

I'm sure the theory is that Nancy will stand out in the parking lot keeping Kelly's car safe personally (presumably by bullying people into leaving it alone) -- basically forcing Nancy into servitude as Kelly's personal car bodyguard forever.

Although really, what I want to happen next is for Nancy to shrug and say, "gently caress it, my family's rich, I don't give a poo poo what happens to your car," followed by Nancy's other victims setting fire to Kelly's SUV and incinerating all of those paintings in the back of it, followed by Sarah losing her book deal and all the money. You know, just because I want something bad to finally happen to the Morgans at least once in this loving strip, just one goddamn time when people stop giving them expensive gifts and stacks of cash for doing absolutely nothing but being smug and well-off. :argh:

I want Nancy to wake up with her prize pony's head in her bed. I want to see her mean girl friends get fitted for some new cement footwear. That little kid who made fun of Child Morgan MD's paintings waaaaaay back at the beginning of the arc? Let's wait for him to grow up and then shoot him at his wedding. If we're going to get the mob involved, let's lean into it and really get all mafia up in here.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

This guy looks like he should be a villain, but...we haven't seen anything that indicates as such. It's really weirding me out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tiggum posted:

It's one reason I really wish the characters had aged in real time; It would have allowed the Phantom to move with the times in a much more natural manner. Plus it would let them write a story about the Phantom dying every couple of decades, and unlike most other super heroes they wouldn't need to come up with some absurd way to bring him back to life, because the Phantom title being passed on is established in the backstory.

Raising your children to take over your weird vendetta after you die is also really weird and abusive by modern standards, though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am sick and tired of this thread's fascination with Misused Word Comix.

Pooch Café

Sloop? Isn't that a single-masted vessel with one mainsail and one headsail?

Ballard Street

Promenade? Isn't that a paved public walkway near beaches and docks so that people can shop and watch the sloops?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ZeeToo posted:

Pearls Before Swine

Ken isn't crushing poo poo, you hack. He is standing clearly behind the basket.
All you did was paste "pastis-in-basket.jpg" onto the porch and scaled it down. Seriously, did Pastis suddenly become a midget?
The tiny, never moving white eyes are pretty creepy too.

Tim Buckley is a better artist than you are, Pastis.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Aztec posted:

Ken isn't crushing poo poo, you hack. He is standing clearly behind the basket.
All you did was paste "pastis-in-basket.jpg" onto the porch and scaled it down. Seriously, did Pastis suddenly become a midget?

Calm down, chief. Pastis doesn't paste clip art.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whoa now, let's not say things we can't take back.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Look, a mushroom cloud on top of her head. jfc, this comic. Welp, that settles it. Based on the data below, we now know the mental capacity of the redhead, and her offspring.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Stultus Maximus posted:

Calm down, chief. Pastis doesn't paste clip art.

Look at that middle panel where Ken is supposedly crushing the basket. He isn't crushing anything. Not to mention, the horrid scaled down basket, so it looks like Pastis is Peter Dinklage.
You look at it, and you tell me that's not clipart. He may still draw it, but it's so devoid of ...everything, so stiff and lifeless, that it's clipart in essence.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

According to that I should be of above average intelligence. :downs:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

This is what that portrait actually looks like, in case anybody is interested. Oddly enough, it turns out that Red Hong Yi is not, in actuality, a blond white lady.

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

:qq:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Everything
-Everything's terribly wrong!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

:qq:

This sounds like a job for Iron-Jonah!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Poil posted:

According to that I should be of above average intelligence. :downs:

You're bald? :v:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Johnny Aztec posted:

For me it's the complete lack of mouths (but yeah the dead eyes are pretty unnerving as well).

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Question: does anybody know why the Heavenly Nostrils lady is repeating her old stuff

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

Question: does anybody know why the Heavenly Nostrils lady is repeating her old stuff

Yeah, it's because this is the start of her newspaper run and she needs to get new readers up to speed. Also I suppose because it's an easy way for her to get the advance comics done quickly since she's already made them once.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Sharay posted:

Yeah, it's because this is the start of her newspaper run and she needs to get new readers up to speed. Also I suppose because it's an easy way for her to get the advance comics done quickly since she's already made them once.

This, pretty much.

"Pearls Before Swine" is another newspaper strip that started out as a webcomic. I recall that the first 9 or so months of the newspaper run were repeats of the web strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Look, a mushroom cloud on top of her head. jfc, this comic. Welp, that settles it. Based on the data below, we now know the mental capacity of the redhead, and her offspring.

• Locked thread