Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

Landon Collins's mother is selling his finalist awards for the Jim Thorpe Award, Nagurski, all other football awards, and high school diploma. All for her new "Momma Knows Best" foundation that's supposed to "help parents deal with the nightmare of recruiting."

Stay in New York, Landon, and never go back to Louisiana.

That's messed up.

Who sells/buys someone else's high school diploma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ehud posted:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: QB Daxx Garman, who began his career at #Arizona, transfers to #Maryland after graduating from #OklahomaState.

good name

DAXX

How does eligibility work w/r/t Trill symbionts

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Raku posted:

Landon Collins's mother is selling his finalist awards for the Jim Thorpe Award, Nagurski, all other football awards, and high school diploma. All for her new "Momma Knows Best" foundation that's supposed to "help parents deal with the nightmare of recruiting."

Stay in New York, Landon, and never go back to Louisiana.

Landon's mother is a known crazy person, but this really kicks it up.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Ehud posted:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: QB Daxx Garman, who began his career at #Arizona, transfers to #Maryland after graduating from #OklahomaState.

good name

DAXX

I really hope Maryland fans enjoy the emotional roller coaster that comes with the Daxx Garman constant deep bomb offense.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

I really hope Maryland fans enjoy the emotional roller coaster that comes with the Daxx Garman constant deep bomb offense.

At this point, Maryland will take anyone that resembles a QB just incase theirs all get broken.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan has 6 QBs on Scholarship, how many does Maryland have?

QB ARMS (minor so minor) RACE

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Daxx Garman vs Jake Rudock, glad that'll be an 8pm start

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Daxx Garman vs Jake Rudock, glad that'll be an 8pm start

blame maryland

i hate night games, i usually have poo poo to do rather than sit around a TV

E: GIVE ME NOON OR GIVE ME DEATH

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CBS announced a few game times; they have both Auburn-Louisville in the opening week and Auburn at LSU as day games. I though ABC always had those Chik-fil-a kickoff games but I am
very happy with not playing at night in Baton Rouge.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

CBS announced a few game times; they have both Auburn-Louisville in the opening week and Auburn at LSU as day games. I though ABC always had those Chik-fil-a kickoff games but I am

Yeah, this'll be the first year someone other than the ESPN umbrella shows that ATL game. Also, the second SEC on CBS game in 2015 is Georgia at Vanderbilt for some reason.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

E: GIVE ME NOON OR GIVE ME DEATH

THEN DEATH IT SHALL BE FOR YOU

3:30 or 7pm + for any game that matters please. Nooners should be reserved for bottom tier conference games & poo poo OOC creampuffs. I also really wanted like a gavel emoji to cap that sentence but oh well.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

THEN DEATH IT SHALL BE FOR YOU

3:30 or 7pm + for any game that matters please. Nooners should be reserved for bottom tier conference games & poo poo OOC creampuffs. I also really wanted like a gavel emoji to cap that sentence but oh well.

I don't mind 330, because when I had a house I could do all my yard/house work prior to the game then settle in for the game then out for the night. Now that I am in my apt, I'd rather watch the game at noon then head out after the game for the night.

But, I'm also out of college and stuff so my nights end earlier than they did when a 8PM game would have been great.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
11:00 games are kinda nice because I can camp halfway, get to the game in time, take my time after the game and get back to the campsite sometime before too late.

2:30 games mean I have to leave straight after the game ends to haul rear end back to my campsite. I have to leave Lubbock by 7:00 to get to the campgrounds before they lock the gate on me.

Any evening game means I'm renting a room in Sweetwater or Abeline or crashing at someone's place in Lubbock.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Scarf posted:

Or everyone could just adopt Clemson's model and just invite fans on to the field after every game (win or lose) to congratulate the players and sing the alma mater. :colbert:
Yeah, Rice does this, or at least did as of a few years ago. They herd people off the field faster than they used to, though: there used to be people just hanging out on the field throwing a football around for 20-30 minutes.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aside from missing tailgating for home games, I can't wait to live in Arizona for this college football season. College football from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed is going to be glorious :allears:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
it starts too early if you like to go out on friday nights but otherwise it is pretty dope to have even the hawaii game on at a reasonable time

although the first game is big ten garbage that you should just skip if you are a right thinking human with taste and discernment (i am not, sadly)

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

it starts too early if you like to go out on friday nights but otherwise it is pretty dope to have even the hawaii game on at a reasonable time

although the first game is big ten garbage that you should just skip if you are a right thinking human with taste and discernment (i am not, sadly)

What, and miss out on the dulcet tones of Pam Ward?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
There should be one good game on at all times on Saturday and one decent one to flip to during commercials. gently caress it, my rear end is staying where it is and I'm going to at least follow along wherever I go.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

From first kick off until the end of the 8pm games i won't really leave my TV/Computer space rocking multiple games. That's how you do it right, never leaving the couch for all the CFB.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

LOL the B12 made a rule that home teams may be penalized for showing controversial plays on the video board too many times.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I love noon kickoffs because it means I can chill and watch an entire game before I have to go to work. 3:30 is just awkward -- I can catch a quarter at most before I go in, and even if I'm off, it's just a weird chunk of time to plan your day around (although it isn't too bad if you're actually attending). I'm able to watch games at work, but obviously I can't pay close attention to them and often miss chunks of what's going on. Even so, it's still amazing I get anything done at all during football season.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

This is what Bloody Marys are for.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The flip side of games starting so early is that sometimes you wake up and there are a bunch of close games in the 4th quarter or upsets about to happen, so you start the day by immediately watching some awesome endings.

VDay fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 28, 2015

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

LOL the B12 made a rule that home teams may be penalized for showing controversial plays on the video board too many times.

What the gently caress. Why is the BigXII so anti-fun.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There is nothing more mind-numbingly terrible than watching the Dawgs kick off at noon. You can smell the bad route-running, whiffed blocks and missed tackles from a mile away.

Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon kickoff.
Noon kickoff.
Noon-ish kickoff.
Noon kickoff.

e: Two notable exceptions...beating #5 Auburn on the road by 22 in 2006 (and saving that season from ruin) and the hilarious 34-point beatdown on Mizzou last season.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 28, 2015

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
So long as you can see your tv/comp from bed 9 am football is kinda fun. I normally nap during the second quarter and halftime.

Going to watch parties at bars at 9am though? That's a bit much for me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Should have made better life choices that allowed you to live in EST so you don't have to suffer the indignity of 9 AM football.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Everyone's dad or uncle circa 1981

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

:allears:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Careful: LSU is 11-0 in day games in Death Valley going back to 2008. 6 of those games were against ranked opponents.

The only lovely thing about a September 2:30 game in Baton Rouge is that it'll be loving hot as hell.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

:barf:

Sash! posted:

Everyone's dad or uncle circa 1981

My dad looked almost exactly like that. :hf:

The eighties were like the pinnacle of mismatched suspenders and giant muff-broom mustaches.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

My Girl Pam no longer does games, tragically.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Sash! posted:

Should have made better life choices that allowed you to live in EST so you don't have to suffer the indignity of 9 AM football.

I hate EST football. I get up at 6AM so I have to wait until noon and then I'm falling asleep by the time the 7PM games are ending. I loved Mountain time football and should probably just move to Hawaii

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I hate EST football. I get up at 6AM so I have to wait until noon and then I'm falling asleep by the time the 7PM games are ending. I loved Mountain time football and should probably just move to Hawaii

Yeah mountain time I found to be the best for sports. Weekday stuff starts right after I get home, not before I get home like in pac. And on weekends poo poo starts just late enough so that I can sleep in a little. It's nearly enough for me to want to move back there.

Haha who am I kidding. Wyoming sucked rear end.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Last year I was in Hawaii for a conference and got to watch the Mens Final Four, Womens Final Four, and Frozen Four all at like 1:00PM start times and it loving ruled.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I wish some eastern FCS league would suck it up and have 10AM eastern kickoffs so that I could get some early morning football, drat it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Careful: LSU is 11-0 in day games in Death Valley going back to 2008. 6 of those games were against ranked opponents.

The only lovely thing about a September 2:30 game in Baton Rouge is that it'll be loving hot as hell.

I kinda already mentally wrote that game off. Auburn hasn't beat LSU in Death Valley since 1999. No way that game plays out like it did last year.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What possible purpose could this serve? Are the refs really that sensitive to boos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah mountain time I found to be the best for sports. Weekday stuff starts right after I get home, not before I get home like in pac. And on weekends poo poo starts just late enough so that I can sleep in a little. It's nearly enough for me to want to move back there.

Haha who am I kidding. Wyoming sucked rear end.

Well that's your problem, you lived in Wyoming instead of Colorado or western Montana

• Locked thread