Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

LeeMajors posted:

Yes you were. Every Nole has that printed in Comic Sans on their diploma.

Actually mine was drawn on there with a crayon using symbols to display the cowardice of your school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

My diploma just says FART FART I DARE YOU TO HIRE ME written in then-President Eric Barron's poop.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The SEC is "substantially" increasing fines for rushing fields.

Chuck Carlton
@ChuckCarltonDMN
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said penalties could range from reprimands to fines to possible loss of future home contests.

:stare:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
How long until a non-SEC coach uses that in a recruiting pitch?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Korranus posted:

N: The bidders for the 2017, 2018, and 2019 national championships are: Atlanta, Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, New Orleans, San Antonio, and San Francisco (via Santa Clara).

V: New Orleans will win one, one of Atlanta or Houston should get one, who knows on the other.

No cold weather cities booooo (Detroit and Minny have domes). I wanna see a SEC team play in Philly or New York or wherever.

RumbleFish posted:

Chuck Carlton
@ChuckCarltonDMN
Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said penalties could range from reprimands to fines to possible loss of future home contests.

Boooooooooo. This is so dumb

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm one of the squarest people to have ever lived and even I think losing future home games as a punishment for rushing a field is super lame

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sash! posted:

I'm one of the squarest people to have ever lived and even I think losing future home games as a punishment for rushing a field is super lame

Are you spongebob?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Sash is definitely Squidward.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Scarf posted:

Dabo dodges a bullet by canceling an appearance to receive an award from some innocent sounding non-profit after it's revealed that it's a political group aimed against same-sex marriage.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/dabo-swinney-clemson

There goes Dabo's retirement gig at Liberty.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

RumbleFish posted:

Chuck Carlton
@ChuckCarltonDMN

Why is the Big XII commissioner setting fines for SEC field rushes?

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The SEC won't be happy until another Kent State '70 plays out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The SEC won't be happy until another Kent State '70 plays out.

Well they missed Saban the first time, so yeah.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Why is the Big XII commissioner setting fines for SEC field rushes?

Yeah, my bad; was phone-posting. The Big 12 passed a measure that will allow them to punish schools for rushing similarly to the SEC (except with even more insane possibilities, it seems). Slive said the first-time offender fine will go up to $50,000, but hasn't elaborated beyond that.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Scarf posted:

Dabo dodges a bullet by canceling an appearance to receive an award from some innocent sounding non-profit after it's revealed that it's a political group aimed against same-sex marriage.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/dabo-swinney-clemson

Before even clicking the link I knew the word family would be in it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, my bad; was phone-posting. The Big 12 passed a measure that will allow them to punish schools for rushing similarly to the SEC (except with even more insane possibilities, it seems). Slive said the first-time offender fine will go up to $50,000, but hasn't elaborated beyond that.

That's even worse, what the hell is Kansas supposed to do when they win? Kentucky and Vandy have won a few games recently at least.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Landon Collins's mother is selling his finalist awards for the Jim Thorpe Award, Nagurski, all other football awards, and high school diploma. All for her new "Momma Knows Best" foundation that's supposed to "help parents deal with the nightmare of recruiting."

Stay in New York, Landon, and never go back to Louisiana.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

Landon Collins's mother is selling his finalist awards for the Jim Thorpe Award, Nagurski, all other football awards, and high school diploma. All for her new "Momma Knows Best" foundation that's supposed to "help parents deal with the nightmare of recruiting."

Jeez, what an rear end in a top hat.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Raku posted:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Looking back at the video of her reaction to his commitment, it's sort of obvious in retrospect he chose Alabama because LSU wasn't far enough away from her.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

kittenmittons posted:

Before even clicking the link I knew the word family would be in it.

He had a pretty good interview this morning on Sirius, talking about how as a coach at any well-known school, especially when you have a charitable foundation to boot, you get requests to be a part of all kinds events and for donations. And if someone sends you a letter several months in advance that says, "hey, you're getting an award!" you kind of just write it off and say ok, well hopefully I can attend if they've seen fit to recognize what we've been doing. And they don't always have the time to research who exactly it's coming from, and that you'd hope it wouldn't be something political.

Especially when it comes from someone called Palmetto Family Alliance. I mean hindsight being 20/20, yeah you can get the whole SANCTITY OF ARE MARRIAGE :argh: spin... but it could have equally been some generic non-profit.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If you do something awesome enough to rush a field, by God you should be allowed to rush the field.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

there should be a clause in whatever rule they make saying "If you upset Alabama, all fines and punishments are waived. gently caress poo poo up."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT fans rushed the field twice last year, after Miami and after Clemson. Both times we had some people saying it was lame, because if we wanna be taken seriously we should get used to winning big games instead of celebrating it in such a manner, blah blah blah, but gently caress that, those games felt so good in the stadium. Rush all fields.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

He had a pretty good interview this morning on Sirius, talking about how as a coach at any well-known school, especially when you have a charitable foundation to boot, you get requests to be a part of all kinds events and for donations. And if someone sends you a letter several months in advance that says, "hey, you're getting an award!" you kind of just write it off and say ok, well hopefully I can attend if they've seen fit to recognize what we've been doing. And they don't always have the time to research who exactly it's coming from, and that you'd hope it wouldn't be something political.

Especially when it comes from someone called Palmetto Family Alliance. I mean hindsight being 20/20, yeah you can get the whole SANCTITY OF ARE MARRIAGE :argh: spin... but it could have equally been some generic non-profit.

Isn't Dabo a hardcore born again guy who baptizes his own players? I feel like this was more of a case of somebody pointing out that this might make people upset than Dabo actually seeing it as a problem.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

GT fans rushed the field twice last year, after Miami and after Clemson. Both times we had some people saying it was lame, because if we wanna be taken seriously we should get used to winning big games instead of celebrating it in such a manner, blah blah blah, but gently caress that, those games felt so good in the stadium. Rush all fields.

Or everyone could just adopt Clemson's model and just invite fans on to the field after every game (win or lose) to congratulate the players and sing the alma mater. :colbert:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Who the gently caress rushes the field after beating modern day Miami

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thoguh posted:

Isn't Dabo a hardcore born again guy who baptizes his own players? I feel like this was more of a case of somebody pointing out that this might make people upset than Dabo actually seeing it as a problem.

Not all christians are against same-sex marriage. I'm sure not.

Honestly I don't know his personal stance on the issue, but I do know he tries to avoid pretty much ANY political discourse because that's not his job.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Somehow we had a five game losing streak against them. Yeah, I don't know either.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Slate Action posted:

Somehow we had a five game losing streak against them. Yeah, I don't know either.

I can almost understand it then. I'd rush the field after beating South Carolina so I could take out Spurrier.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I can almost understand it then. I'd rush the field after beating South Carolina so I could take out Spurrier.

I feel like you'd get hip-tossed and then put in a figure four leg-lock.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I am pretty sure that at this point Spurrier is surviving on a white-hot hatred of UGA and gets an extra year tacked to his lifespan for each time he derails UGA. He is going to live forever :smith:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

That's enough for a permaban.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Scarf posted:

Or everyone could just adopt Clemson's model and just invite fans on to the field after every game (win or lose) to congratulate the players and sing the alma mater. :colbert:

Oh please this.

Seriously, make it safe to get people on/off the field, get the other team off the field, and just roll with it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bob Bowlsby is a monumental dumbass and it is amazing that he gets to be in charge of an entire conference.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

People who understand that rushing the field is fun as poo poo. Rush the field after beating I-AA teams.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Spurdogg would gently caress your poo poo up

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State is generally cool with field rushing. Just make sure to wait until AFTER the game is over.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Man, you don't want none of this

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Jeremor posted:

Man, you don't want none of this

Actually, right there he's training for after the fight, when he fucks your mom.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The worst part about divisions is that rushing the field after winning the conference and getting the BCS tie-in is awesome. Celebrating your West Divison Crown by storming the field is stupid.

Does not apply if other awesome poo poo happened in the game - see Kick Six for more details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: QB Daxx Garman, who began his career at #Arizona, transfers to #Maryland after graduating from #OklahomaState.

good name

DAXX

• Locked thread