Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

YF-23 posted:

Could well be that they forgo credits from here on out except perhaps for the last episode.

probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Wouldn't it make more sense for the final episode to be creditless?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Bad Seafood posted:

I thought it was pretty tidy, personally.

Plus you get the most 'Joseph' Joseph Joestar moment in the whole series. Between that and the eulogy, the airport, and Holly's recovery, I was pretty satisfied.

We don't even get to see Jotaro meeting back up with his mom once she's well. In this case, it was too tidy.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It would make more sense to have the action-packed episodes go creditless and draw cliffhangers throughout the 90 seconds of credits than it would for the end. I mean you could have the airport scene go over credits and it would work as well but if you're going to be putting the very farewell-y credits of SC season 2 somewhere it fits more after the airport scene than it does in the middle of the DIO fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Complaining about Muda is all well and good but does this bother you? If so, you are definitely beyond help.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Aurain posted:

Based on Blu-Ray contents to date, it's ending on 48, so yeah.
Huh, well then.

Guess we'll see how it pans out.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

We don't even get to see Jotaro meeting back up with his mom once she's well. In this case, it was too tidy.
Eh, he'd most likely just be himself. Or maybe he wouldn't. I wouldn't say no to a little more material, but I wouldn't say its absence has really hurt anything. These last four episodes are already going to be packed to the gills anyway.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I honestly want it to end on "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR," and will only really be happy with that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Part 4 won't come out for a year or two, will it? :(

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, season 1 ended on April 5, 2013. Stardust Crusaders was announced in October of that year and premiered on April 4 of 2014, almost a year after S1 ended.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

Complaining about Muda is all well and good but does this bother you? If so, you are definitely beyond help.

What are you talking about here?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

DIO saying steamroller instead of road roller

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Kurtofan posted:

Some people would probably be upset that it's translated as "steam-roller" and not "road-roller," because in the original Japanese he literally says "Road-rolla-da" in engrish.

Actually, wikipedia says that technically "road roller" is the proper term for the vehicle, and we just call them steamrollers because the name caught on back when they were steam powered.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I see, English is not my first language so I don't really care.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't even hear of the term road roller until JoJo, it's always been steamroller to me.

I'm a nerd/loser/both and prefer road roller here, though. It flows better for me.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Darko posted:

I honestly want it to end on "WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR," and will only really be happy with that.

:agreed:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be content with seeing great white shark biologist Jotaro getting off the train at Morioh station and looking around with the camera zooming in on Josuke squatting by the fountain. No real need to get into the content proper.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Aurain posted:

I'd be content with seeing great white shark biologist Jotaro getting off the train at Morioh station and looking around with the camera zooming in on Josuke squatting by the fountain. No real need to get into the content proper.

If not that, I would be content with joseph learning from speedwagon doctors about a patient with all of holly's symptoms that cleared up at the same time in a nearby town called morioh

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

If not that, I would be content with joseph learning from speedwagon doctors about a patient with all of holly's symptoms that cleared up at the same time in a nearby town called morioh
This gets my vote.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only if he has a nervous laugh and tries to brush it off.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Josuke's mom sends him off to school, and then we see her take out a picture of her and Joseph. Then it cuts to Josuke beating people up for insulting his hair.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kudos if they show jotaro picking up a book in dio's mansion and flipping through it and going "the gently caress is this poo poo"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The real reason Avdol didn't burn the house down revealed.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Darko posted:

Everyones freaking out as Joseph plays the actual Beetles licensed song so much they don't notice killer queen has appeared in the bottom left corner until the very end

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If they do part 4 and ever have to draw crowded scenes, it would be neat to see them put random future characters in there from part 4 like Kosaku or Kira

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

If they do part 4 and ever have to draw crowded scenes, it would be neat to see them put random future characters in there from part 4 like Kosaku or Kira
This would be perfect at the beginning where that criminal takes a hostage in front of a convenience store and Josuke steps in. Just draw in like Yukako or Kosaku.

My ideal Part 4 teaser is Joseph mentioning Morioh to Jotaro and then cut to a kid styling his pompadour.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Josuke sprints over to see what the commotion is, accidentally bumps into a blonde guy holding a St. Gentleman's sandwich bag.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I kind of like the idea of showing Holly recovering, and then quickly cutting to a five year old Josuke also recovering.

Bonus points if after the fade to black he says something like "that hair, what a cool look...."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke sprints over to see what the commotion is, accidentally bumps into a blonde guy holding a St. Gentleman's sandwich bag.
God I am so excited for animated Part 4.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel bad that I'm going to have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for more animated Jojos after the Dio fight ends.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
DP surprises everyone by revealing that the Diamond Is Not Crash adaptation has secretly been in the works the entire time and jojo will continue without interruption.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Uznare posted:

I'm glad that people who'd only read the series before in scanlations are getting that smug over an official TL that's worse than the jankass scans of yore.

I apologize for making smug wisecracks in the Jojo thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I hope we can be cool

and friends

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Friends of justice, that is.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shukaro posted:

DP surprises everyone by revealing that the Diamond Is Not Crash adaptation has secretly been in the works the entire time and jojo will continue without interruption.

So that's the real reason for the 3 month break.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

wouldn't be surprised if the prospective part 4 teaser is literally the first half of josuke's snowstorm flashback, tbh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not going to tease with anything that requires actual knowledge of the part other than "here's the JoJo for Part 4". Especially something that leads literally nowhere.

You'll recall that they didn't even show Jotaro's face in BT, and the to be continued was added on the Blu-ray, so don't even expect one of those.

Previews:

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/45.html

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 29, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Kakyoin taking his sunglasses off.

They're really bookin' it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Bad Seafood posted:

Kakyoin taking his sunglasses off.

They're really bookin' it.

gently caress I'm so hyped.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

so with the car chase scene there we're almost guaranteed to see The World today (unless they literally use that emerald splash as the cliffhanger)

MY  BODY  IS  READY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They could stop it at "I found a way to reveal Dio's power", that's a pretty good cliffhanger, but the picture where he removes his glasses is post car chase.

• Locked thread