Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Aka an alcoholic.

But he wasn't even tipsy, guess it's cause he's Irish... :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
yeah that one just makes me sad.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love that one because it's so dumb "HE IS SUPER MANLY CAUSE HE CAN HOLD HIS BOOZE AND ALSO HE'S IRISH"

More like "my dad is a walking cliché"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah well I bet my dad could beat up his dad

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

My dad is Ron Swanson

Okay, so because of the formatting of these images, I had to read this a few times to understand that the man of these memes wasn't talking to his boyfriend, but his daughter's(?). This is why you need to be clear on who you're referencing.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Slime posted:

4 hours of sleep a night at the max, and that's assuming he literally lives at work so he doesn't have to travel home for sleep. If we make the very generous assumption that it actually happened then they were probably poor because he was an incredibly lovely employee that always hosed up because he was always exhausted. Alternate idea, he worked normal hours and spent the rest of his time drinking and whoring and neglected his family to share cold tins of beans and wear bedsheets because he didn't give a gently caress.

That's got to be it. How the gently caress could you justify working that much if you never get to see your kids and also apparently you're still poor as poo poo? Oh, because you're a huge liar and your kid is too dumb to figure it out.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Okay, so because of the formatting of these images, I had to read this a few times to understand that the man of these memes wasn't talking to his boyfriend, but his daughter's(?). This is why you need to be clear on who you're referencing.

Can't it be both?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Drove around for three hours looking for a bike? Guess he didn't sleep for at least two days!

edit: and of course the noodly internet geek's stereotype-based idea of manhood involves drinking whiskey. He's just like Ron Swanson! :downs:

walrusman has a new favorite as of 20:58 on May 27, 2015

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
Whiskey is very manly though

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jodai posted:

That's got to be it. How the gently caress could you justify working that much if you never get to see your kids and also apparently you're still poor as poo poo? Oh, because you're a huge liar and your kid is too dumb to figure it out.

or, yknow, it didn't happen

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Somebody's proud of their knowledge of LaTeX.

Its like the opposite of

"Whenever I learn a new skill I write STDH in an elaborate fantasy where I get derided for my talent."

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

Some Zero posted:

Man with crazy wife

Honestly if I was on a date and that sort of thing happened, that would be a huge red flag and I don't think I would keep dating that guy. I wouldn't want to be murdered by some guy's crazy ex-wife, nor would I be impressed by the fact that he had been married to that person. People who are involved with such broken people have a high probability of having their fair share of issues.

Good thing it never happened!

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe 10 years ago. At this point I'm regularly stuck in an elevator with adults 50+ who just gawk at their phones the whole time.

Like 10 years ago it was all kids talking on phones, but these days I see more grown-rear end adults checking text messages while driving on the highway than I see kids with cellphones. Ugh.

I'm staying with my parents while we redo the floors at my house and my dad keeps giving my husband and I poo poo for being on our devices when there's downtime. Meanwhile he's on his iPad all the time. Last night while the rest of us were eating dinner and talking to each other, he plugged his earphones into his iPad and watched a show at the dinner table. So I definitely believe that an adult would give a younger person poo poo for being on their phone even if they're a total hypocrite.

But what really happened was that the teen rolled his/her eyes, continued texting, probably something like "lol some old man just gave me poo poo for txting," then went home and looked up something smart they might have been reading instead.

Oh might as well include:

Lowly has a new favorite as of 23:41 on May 27, 2015

Coleridge49
May 8, 2007
I'm pretty sure I've seen variations of this before Ange got her hands on it.

LYK IF U CRY EVRYTIM!

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
GENEROUS LUNCH GIRL | USA | CELEBRITY, LUNCH

I'm a famous celebrity. I am also a furry in this story and have a black belt in karate.

*PHONE RINGS*

*PICKS UP PHONE*

me: "Hello? This is [my name] speaking"

person: "Hello [my name] this is [person's name] I work at [name]. Your child, [name] has been coming to our school without lunch! How dare you be such a negligent parent!"

me: "Excuse me? I am a wonderful mother and always make sure my child, [name] goes to [school] with lunch."

person: "what B*****, you f** ?"

me: "Now if you'll excuse me I shall get to the bottom of this dilemma with by daughter, [name], post-haste!"

*HANGS UP PHONE*

me: "Daughter! Please come here at once!"

daughter: "Yes mama?"

me: "Why haven't you been eating your lunch at school?"

daughter: "Katie's mom is in hospital and hasn't been able to make any meals for her last week, so I gave her a few of my lunches to her. that touched my heart"

me: *fighting back tears* *visibly shaking* "Daughter! you truly are the best daughter a mother like me, your mother [my name], could ever hope to have"

The person later called back and apologised to me and then sent me a voucher for 5% off school fees for the next year!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh gently caress off, my stepdad fell 20 metres down a ventilation shaft and was in intensive care for two months afterwards.

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Testekill posted:

Oh gently caress off, my stepdad fell 20 metres down a ventilation shaft and was in intensive care for two months afterwards.

Most of these sound like stories an old drunk made up to their kids/grandkids and they just believed it and told their friends how cool their family was and how they are totally the most badass!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

If I ever won the lottery, the number of people who would know why I'm able to be out more is 2. 5 if you count the animals.

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!

Testekill posted:

Yeah I like how he made it 80 feet, like he could have gone with 10 or 15 feet to be in the realm of plausibility but nope its gotta be that he fell 6 to 8 stories (so I guess he was working on a cathedral ceiling)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Coleridge49 posted:

LYK IF U CRY EVRYTIM!

Angelina Jolie doesn't have an official Facebook I don't think, so it's not coming from her at least.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

If I ever won the lottery, the number of people who would know why I'm able to be out more is 2. 5 if you count the animals.
If one of them's a parrot, better keep it at 4.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

If one of them's a parrot, better keep it at 4.

Tell the parrot someone else you hate won.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Coleridge49 posted:

LYK IF U CRY EVRYTIM!

The teacher asked why she didn't have lunches, so rather than talking to her about it I immediately hung the phone up.

I guess maybe she was like "I'll call you back after I look into that" but it sounds so abrupt.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Coleridge49 posted:

LYK IF U CRY EVRYTIM!

Katie hasn't been eating anything other than a few school lunches for the last week. Also she exists as a feral child now because the world forgot she existed after her mother went to the hospital.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I don't think that person realizes how high 80 ft really is.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Oh man it just clicked with me that the daughter is giving her extra lunches to Katie, not Katie's mom. I was thinking how stupid it was to assume that someone in the hospital would want some schoolkid's peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Trebek posted:

I don't think that person realizes how high 80 ft really is.

My thing is, how do you fall through a ceiling when you're painting it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Marley Wants More posted:

Portals.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Drink a few beers and ten shots of whiskey right before, I guess.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also apparently the dad came home and told him exactly how much he had

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 18:54 on May 28, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

Also apparently the dad came home and told him exactly how much he had

Oooh we had that one before but I loving love it. What an amazing reference, Youth Pastor (name withheld).

iirc when I read the accompanying text it sounded more like he was painting a roof or sth and fell through a masked hole.

Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

Fathis Munk posted:

iirc when I read the accompanying text it sounded more like he was painting a roof or sth and fell through a masked hole.

Okay well now my thing is, who the gently caress paints a roof?

Let's just say he was painting a room and wanted a smoke but it was a non-smoking building so he went outside to light up. Then his phone rang but he couldn't hear very well because of all the traffic, so he climbed up on the roof 80' up where he got distracted because it was his wife calling him nagging him about some useless bullshit, as usual, and he took a step backward without looking and fell through a hole in the roof which happened to be the atrium skylight which some idiot had put a tarp over so he fell straight through to the ground floor, but he got up, brushed himself off, and went right back to work because he's a total badass.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
What building has an 80 ft ceiling anyway. Was he painting the Astrodome.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

"FML posted:

Today, my parents were out so I invited my girlfriend over. It was the afternoon, and things started to heat up. We were having sex, and I was about to finish. Then I looked through the window, to see a construction worker (who was fixing the house next to mine) giving me a thumbs up. He's her dad. FML

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

fml: Today I found out my gf's dad is an incestuous voyeur

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Aw man, I'd forgotten that site existed.

The majority of the comments are arguing over whether or not women can get pregnant more than one day per month. :cripes:

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Why did the construction worker have to be the girl's dad? Someone working on a roof is believable (or not) enough. Extra salacity?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Why did the construction worker have to be the girl's dad? Someone working on a roof is believable (or not) enough. Extra salacity?

Because it wouldn't be FML without it. Like, would you really say "Oh Fuuuuuuuuuuck" if some random guy saw you having sex?
(Okay, that example is really bad)

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

"Hmm, my daughter and her boyfriend are having sex. I better wait here and give him the thumbs up, to let him know I approve. Wonder how long it will take for him to notice me. Oh well, I'll just sit here watching my daughter get railed until he looks out the window."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

Aw man, I'd forgotten that site existed.

The majority of the comments are arguing over whether or not women can get pregnant more than one day per month. :cripes:

The redpillers afraid of spermjacking don't even TRY to hide their agenda.

• Locked thread