Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

dmboogie posted:

Was a verdict ever reached on Implosion: Never Lose Hope? I love love love Cytus and Deemo, but since this isn't a rhythm game I've kind of been hesitating on buying it until I heard more about it.

I'm amazed at how no one talks about this game, a huge and big-budget game that got Apple features and has good reviews, but it seemed to not have any buzz even when it was released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Haha, ohwell, apparently the Apple app store is borked (A subset of UK/Aus/NZ customers are reporting purchase failures for a bunch of games including Sproggiwood and Desktop Dungeons). Should make a fun launch day for everyone!

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Original_Z posted:

I'm amazed at how no one talks about this game, a huge and big-budget game that got Apple features and has good reviews, but it seemed to not have any buzz even when it was released.

It's a pretty cool game - graphically very good - and got high placement in the app store. I think it sold well.. Me & my friends bought it. It's a fairly intense action RPG-lite, basically. My only real complaint is that they don't explain the upgrade system and it's entirely possible to play the game without noticing it even exists.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Unormal posted:

Haha, ohwell, apparently the Apple app store is borked (A subset of UK/Aus/NZ customers are reporting purchase failures for a bunch of games including Sproggiwood and Desktop Dungeons). Should make a fun launch day for everyone!

Ah glad you posted this, I was just trying to buy Sproggi and was getting annoyed. It keeps telling me "The item is no longer available."

I am enjoying the hell out of Capitals, just playing with some RL friends and family. I ended up buying the 5 life extension and the customization thing, just to support the NimbleBit dudes. I thought about buying the unlimited lives but I have a feeling I'd end up burning out pretty quickly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No question buying sproggi and DD as soon as they are released.

Also gems of war really scratches my puzzle quest itch. It's a pretty non evil freemium game.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Digital Jesus posted:

Ah glad you posted this, I was just trying to buy Sproggi and was getting annoyed. It keeps telling me "The item is no longer available."

I am enjoying the hell out of Capitals, just playing with some RL friends and family. I ended up buying the 5 life extension and the customization thing, just to support the NimbleBit dudes. I thought about buying the unlimited lives but I have a feeling I'd end up burning out pretty quickly.

Glad to hear it, just submitted an update today with a lot of little niceties. Now we get to work on an emote system which has been the most requested feature by far.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eeenmachine posted:

Glad to hear it, just submitted an update today with a lot of little niceties. Now we get to work on an emote system which has been the most requested feature by far.

Steal the smiley keyboard from the Awful app, should be something for everyone in there!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sprogiwood is out!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id625411864?mt=8&partnerId=30&siteID=Rc40DmWgBQE&u1=app

No errors in purchase

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Man, even *I* can't buy Sproggiwood or Desktop Dungeons. "This app is no longer available." :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You should be able to buy it on the desktop and then download it on your phone via Purchases or turn on auto downloads.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo! Rymdkapsel is getting a free content update!

That game was dope!!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Feenix posted:

Holy poo poo! Rymdkapsel is getting a free content update!

That game was dope!!

What would you even add to that game? I played it for about three hours, enjoyed it, and then went back the next day and decided I hated it. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Unormal posted:

Man, even *I* can't buy Sproggiwood or Desktop Dungeons. "This app is no longer available." :(

It showed up, and I got as far as entering my pw, but yeah, This app is no longer available. :c

e: quote is not edit, is not edit

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bogart posted:

What would you even add to that game? I played it for about three hours, enjoyed it, and then went back the next day and decided I hated it. :v:

A zen exploratory mode and a harder mode.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hoplite got one too -- sweet

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

goferchan posted:

Hoplite got one too -- sweet

What did it get?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bottom Liner posted:

What did it get?

A pretty dope challenge mode -- they give you a bunch of prayer-bonuses, throw you in a hosed room full of baddies, and say go.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The recommendation to download these games tonight (Sproggiwood, etc) on your desktop iTunes is no good. They are showing up as not available there either. boo.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Feenix posted:

The recommendation to download these games tonight (Sproggiwood, etc) on your desktop iTunes is no good. They are showing up as not available there either. boo.

May be a DNS issue? It's showing up for me as of 12:15 EST

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

noirstronaut posted:

May be a DNS issue? It's showing up for me as of 12:15 EST

It's the buying bit, rather than the finding. :v: When you confirm the purchase, it says Item Not Available.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
I

Bogart posted:

It's the buying bit, rather than the finding. :v: When you confirm the purchase, it says Item Not Available.

I just tried to buy it and it's still doing this

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

eeenmachine posted:

Cooool yeah I would love emotes so I can find some unsubtle way of telling people to eat a dick in-game.

I just noticed that I didn't unlock the 12 letter word achievement even though my longest word is 13 letters long. Does it need to be exactly 12 to trigger?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Please have one emote showing a befuddled smiley face scratching its head and reading from a dictionary.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

It would be cool if you could see, say, ~5 of your longest words instead of just the longest one too... Possibly even per opponent, in the little breakdown thing in stats?

E: Also maybe your current streak somewhere.

Digital Jesus fucked around with this message at 06:40 on May 28, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bogart posted:

A pretty dope challenge mode -- they give you a bunch of prayer-bonuses, throw you in a hosed room full of baddies, and say go.

Well, this made one of my favorite games on iOS a LOT better. Redownload this right now, everyone.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Upgraded from a 16GB 4S to a 64GB 6+ and I am so happy to finally have space for all the games I had to delete because I had no more room. Any suggestions for city-building/tower games? I enjoy Tiny Towers but if there's something like SimTower on the app store, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Splash Attack posted:

... if there's something like SimTower on the app store, I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Lucky you!

Edit: NimbleBros, I found a bug, this legit word isn't accepted please fix :dong:

TACD fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 28, 2015

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Digital Jesus posted:

Cooool yeah I would love emotes so I can find some unsubtle way of telling people to eat a dick in-game.

I just noticed that I didn't unlock the 12 letter word achievement even though my longest word is 13 letters long. Does it need to be exactly 12 to trigger?

Yeah, those achievements needs exact words lengths.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Sproggiwood works now. Fun stuff. :toot:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Had my first rage quit on Capitals today. I love this stupid entertainment app.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Had my first rage quit on Capitals today. I love this stupid entertainment app.

was it Bottom Liner? Was it because you took more than 5 minutes to take a turn?

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns
Urg I'm still alive. Been working on a bunch of stuff. Mostly Death Road to Canada.

Space Hamlet posted:

Buyer's guide to wayward souls: good realtime combat, bad level generation

What do you mean about the level generation?

NESguerilla posted:

Does wayward souls ever go on sale? It's like the one ios game I've been curious about for forever, but I rarely put more than 10 minutes into iOS games so I'd rather throw a buck or two down for it.

It'll never go on sale (on iOS, anyway). We will also increase the price by at least another dollar in the future. Probably when we add the last new character class, likely around October.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Kepa posted:

Urg I'm still alive. Been working on a bunch of stuff. Mostly Death Road to Canada.

thank you for fixing punch quest, i was the person on twitter who's partner finally upgraded his aging 4S because he thought it's why punch quest wasn't working

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Kepa posted:

What do you mean about the level generation?

It just doesn't feel very meaningful to me - the way the room sizes and enemy configurations vary is nice, but the layouts themselves are essentially hallways (with extraneous corners) where you usually start somewhere in the middle. The result is that you go one way until you reach one end and then you backtrack through the stuff you've just cleared until you reach the starting point again and begin working your way to the other end - and if you found the exit the first time, you get to run all the way back yet again. It never really feels like exploration, but regularly feels like a chore.

If you always started on one end of the level, there still wouldn't be much of an exploration aspect but at least you wouldn't have to do all the back-and-forth!

I'm boiling things down a bit, but yeah.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Bustin' makes me feel good

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ghostbusters-puzzle-fighter/id945641487?mt=8

But why do I feel so bad?

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns

robodex posted:

thank you for fixing punch quest, i was the person on twitter who's partner finally upgraded his aging 4S because he thought it's why punch quest wasn't working

Yeah that was fun, there was a new Game Center bug that made Punch Quest crash for a week.

Space Hamlet posted:

It just doesn't feel very meaningful to me - the way the room sizes and enemy configurations vary is nice, but the layouts themselves are essentially hallways (with extraneous corners) where you usually start somewhere in the middle. The result is that you go one way until you reach one end and then you backtrack through the stuff you've just cleared until you reach the starting point again and begin working your way to the other end - and if you found the exit the first time, you get to run all the way back yet again. It never really feels like exploration, but regularly feels like a chore.

If you always started on one end of the level, there still wouldn't be much of an exploration aspect but at least you wouldn't have to do all the back-and-forth!

I'm boiling things down a bit, but yeah.

Yeah I wonder what the correct solution to this is. Some things we've thought of:

1. Just have level generation be a straight hallway, but with branches that go two rooms. That way at most you have to backtrack past a room to get back on the main path. Though there's still backtracking with this, it's reduced.
2. The above but with extra bonus rooms going off a main hall stem that twists and turns. This seems really linear, though, but I'm doing this for a game called Dad By The Sword because it just kind of forgoes the concept of exploration. Though like you implied, you can still have a sense of variety and even surprise through loot/room size/enemy configuration.
3. Keep the current layout ideas, but have rooms interconnect a lot more, so a floor is more of a grid of rooms. I'm not sure if this would hurt or help things. Binding of Isaac did this and I still felt like backtracking got bad for later levels.
4. Some scheme where you always know the general direction of the exit, and can plan accordingly.
5. Just what we're doing now but tweak it so you start on or at least very near an end room, not the middle, with the exit heavily weighted to being on the furthest end away from you.

We probably won't change the level generation in Wayward Souls though. The above is stuff we've tossed around for future games.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Boobs arent anime enough.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 29, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why do all the ghosts have tits now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why do all the ghosts have tits now?

Gotta compete with all those anime titty games.

Also to make bustin feel good