Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Unguided posted:

Forcefields on Risa were the highlight of the past year. I might have to log back in just for that.

Please enjoy the journey down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1nldqbxBnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFgbc18gPwI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
How hosed up was winter wonderland this year?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Devian666 posted:

How hosed up was winter wonderland this year?

It didn't work for a week.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
for a while winter wonderland had a thing where you could team kill the turrets and walls in the battle thing

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Basically Cryptic griefed it better than players ever could.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

All the instances were capped at like 40 people. Great for an MMO celebration.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to periodically link my old unopened risa ship boxes in zone and claim you can still get them if you do [thing].

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Re-regged for the wiki, as Zaichal again.

Content: Xean's managed to convince some pubbie fleets to donate to his shitfleet. It might actually get to t5 one day through no effort of his own.
He could've sorted his fleet's dil problems by making lots of deltalts, getting them to lvl 30, dumping dil, then delete and repeat. Instead, he gets to lord over a bunch of people under his 'alliance'.
http://i.imgur.com/7CjILpI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JUq5zl0.jpg

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Unguided posted:

Forcefields on Risa were the highlight of the past year. I might have to log back in just for that.

That and the NoP Bioweapons Division tests:

Aleth fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 27, 2015

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Violent Kitten posted:

All sorted.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Violent Kitten posted:

Content: Xean's managed to convince some pubbie fleets to donate to his shitfleet. It might actually get to t5 one day through no effort of his own.
He could've sorted his fleet's dil problems by making lots of deltalts, getting them to lvl 30, dumping dil, then delete and repeat. Instead, he gets to lord over a bunch of people under his 'alliance'.
http://i.imgur.com/7CjILpI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JUq5zl0.jpg

He forgot to mention the 300k dil donated by Starfleet Dental.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

He forgot to mention the 300k dil donated by Starfleet Dental.

Of course he did. PTSD does a number on you.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Speaking of finishing fleet holdings... I'm really sad we haven't seen a new one in quite some time. The last bit of joy I experienced in this game was making GBS threads all over Task Force Spectre every time they starting bragging about being first to finish, only to be shut down by screenshots showing they were a week late... every single time.

On that nostalgic note, enjoy this archived document detailing OPERATION DILITHIUM VOODOO

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Mondian posted:

Speaking of finishing fleet holdings... I'm really sad we haven't seen a new one in quite some time. The last bit of joy I experienced in this game was making GBS threads all over Task Force Spectre every time they starting bragging about being first to finish, only to be shut down by screenshots showing they were a week late... every single time.

On that nostalgic note, enjoy this archived document detailing OPERATION DILITHIUM VOODOO

So good. And sig p228 is the best gun. I have two, a Germany marked one and a w.germany marked one.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Mondian posted:

Waiting to announce proof until after someone proudly proclaimed they were first was the best part. :3:

But yeah it's really kind of baffling. All I can think of is Cryptic doesn't even have enough environment artists left to actually make one. I mean it's really obvious from the past few featured episodes and queues that they're just re-using existing assets and maps, maybe with some new textures or doodads on it. On the other hand it's been ages since we've seen the last holding (the spire was... season 7?) and the staff culling was pretty much post-Delta Rising...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What would they even sell in a new one?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The gear upgrade treadmill was the new grind instead of another fleet holding. That way you need to repeat it every character.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

What would they even sell in a new one?
The obvious answer would have been things like "T6 fleet ships", "additional ship trait slot", or stuff like traits and bridge officer skills and such that they added new systems for since the spire was added.

But Cryptic dropped fleet T6 ships in anyway, so there goes the easy option. :effort:

DancingShade posted:

The gear upgrade treadmill was the new grind instead of another fleet holding. That way you need to repeat it every character.
Well, the big thing about fleet holdings was that they were huge dilithium (and duty officer) sinks. Now that major fleets have been done for months and everyone's either done with or given up on upgrades, you can see the effect on dilithium in how the exchange rate keeps creeping upwards. Adding a new holding would let Cryptic moderate that a bit, but that assumes they actually want to keep the exchange rate stable. Most likely they'd be quite happy to see it hit 500 like Neverwinter's did, so...

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Mondian posted:

This is amazing.

Edit: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=246706&page=164#post24039481 Epic screenshot thread?

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 28, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I made a post in the screenshot thread that is better with the proper context

wraithrapter;24041051 posted:

That's a cute girlfriend you have there, repetitiveepic.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 28, 2015

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

You just have every channel spewing text into the default chat tab? You are a monster.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So now that I've built up a small nest egg of green and blue DOFFs, what's the best/most economical way to turn them into fleet credit? I hadn't even realised you can only feed commons to the all-consuming starbase.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
break em down to whites and then turn them in

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

What he said. Hit up Starfleet or Klingon academy, find the dude that breaks down doffs, hope you get white doffs for the appropriate categories, curse Cryptic's lovely UI as you have to click each individual doff to place in the base.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Nah I thought they finally patched in a "select all" toggle a few months ago for donating doffs to projects.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Mondian posted:

Nah I thought they finally patched in a "select all" toggle a few months ago for donating doffs to projects.

Yeah they did. Now you only have to click endlessly to get the doffs, dumping them is easy.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Alternately if you have 3 mil EC to bankroll it, there's a way to get all the whites you could ever want, assuming it's not patched out today. See wiki for details

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

They have responded to Druk's posts on that screenshot thread, but seem to be ignoring my posts. Clearly, they are suppressing their thoughts against the rightful leader for the Federation.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh hey, the new featured episode seems to actually have a new environment. :toot: It's also kind of short and super straight forward. I'm sure these two are unrelated.

Don't get me wrong, it's actually not bad to play. But we're definitely never seeing another Step Between the Stars are we?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Maybe they'll get desperate and throw the exploration cluster poo poo back in.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Asimo posted:

Oh hey, the new featured episode seems to actually have a new environment. :toot: It's also kind of short and super straight forward. I'm sure these two are unrelated.

Don't get me wrong, it's actually not bad to play. But we're definitely never seeing another Step Between the Stars are we?

It's 99% bad fanfic and ground combat against heralds. It loving sucked.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

It's 99% bad fanfic and ground combat against heralds. It loving sucked.
Yeah but it takes like five minutes to actually play and you can alt-tab during the fanfic which is all I care about in post-delta rising missions. :effort:

:rip: khaless

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Haha, they're going to be getting rid of a the PvP mods for crafted weapons at some point because apparently they just now figured out that they're useless.

Also, from the Tribble patch notes

quote:

Ultra-Rare Duty Officers will now properly be dismissed if sent on assignments designed to remove them from the player’s roster.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"It's like a DMG mod, but it only works in PVP! Who wouldn't want it?"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Soviet Commubot posted:

Haha, they're going to be getting rid of a the PvP mods for crafted weapons at some point because apparently they just now figured out that they're useless.

Also, from the Tribble patch notes

Oh Cryptic

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
"The PvP mod we implemented didn't save PvP."

"Well, take it out. We tried."

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
The actor who plays Nog also played a Kazon in Voyager, who just happens to show up in a Delta Rising mission. I wonder if they will get him to record those lines.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So yeah, looks like a Chell Grett style 4/4 slow-turning destroyer. Pilot hybrid just like everyone predicted, and the bridge officer seating is decent enough that you might actually be able to take advantage of it. Trait looks kinda crap, but hey Nadion Inversion was the only engineer skill Cryptic hadn't stolen for everyone else yet, so now that's out of the way. :toot:

EDIT: And huh, the first ship with six boff seats? 1x Comm, 1x Lt.Com, 2x Lt., 2x Ens. Was always theoretically possible once they added an extra boff power to T6 ships, I guess. Enjoy your bonus crit/crtd, romulans!

Asimo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 29, 2015

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
New colour pallet coming to the ship tailor "soon"

This is currently on tribble. It doesn't seem to want to apply though, if I select a colour it just goes back to my already set colour. It previews fine though.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Weird. LEvelling one of my rommies, and the space enemies in this mission arent' firing their guns.

I died from my own HYT attack, too.

• Locked thread