Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

ZiegeDame posted:

gently caress it. Regged for Chaos BERSERKERRISK. I hope I get 4 Berserkers. That has to be way more doable than a solo Berserker, right?

I got to Omniscient before I got bored with how 4 berserkers runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Is it even possible to beat Exdeath with a 4 berserker setup without the absolute luckiest streak ever? You have to fight both forms with no control or healing whatsoever and I think that even at Lv99 you probably couldn't beat him in a damage race.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

#chaos #BERSERKERRISK :bandwagon::black101:

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
#FirstFiesta #RegRand #BERSERKERRISK

We need a Berserker edit of :getin:

Question: is it possible to try another run-type after completing a game? I'd be down for trying out #RegChaos for a finale.

Jueg01 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 29, 2015

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Alabaster White posted:

Is it even possible to beat Exdeath with a 4 berserker setup without the absolute luckiest streak ever? You have to fight both forms with no control or healing whatsoever and I think that even at Lv99 you probably couldn't beat him in a damage race.

Someone got past the first form with a solo berserker, so it might be possible, but it wouldn't be pretty (and I wouldn't want to be the one doing it).

Sulla couldn't beat Necrophobia, though.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Trasson posted:

How am I underestimating them? I never said they were even mediocre, never mind bad. Besides, I'm rating the job allotments against each other. Bard' not competing against every other class for Good Or Not, it's competing alongside Geomancer specifically against Ninja, Ranger, and Beastmaster specifically.

I mean, The no750 jobs being better on average* than the 750 jobs for the Fire Crystal isn't enough to change how much a guaranteed set of [White Mage/Black Mage/Blue Mage], [Time Mage/Summoner/Red Mage] will trivialize the game for you, but the low point is worth noting for people considering one or the other.

*I'm counting average because if we really wanted to consider what was "easiest" and go with that route (they're both pretty easy, the point someone made above about assured team synergy does is an excellent one) then no matter how good I consider Bard I have to also consider that I could get stuck with a Geomancer. A Geomancer in its best setup, sure, but a Geomancer nevertheless. That brings down Bard some.

at all times I insist that nobody classify bard as anything lower than "outstanding"

(nah I just misread your characterization of them :) )

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alabaster White posted:

Well you need the absolute luckiest streak ever to get past Sandworm and Sole Cannon already so what's new?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Prism posted:

Someone got past the first form with a solo berserker, so it might be possible, but it wouldn't be pretty (and I wouldn't want to be the one doing it).

Sulla couldn't beat Necrophobia, though.

Well yeah, Tree Exdeath is a chump, but with all those Almagests and Grand Crosses flying around with Neo, you'd be hosed. I hear Neo Exdeath has 2 false targets so your berserkers also have a nice 1/3 chance to not do any damage at all per turn! :v:

It's probably possible theoretically but it's definitely a monkey typewriter level of probability.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How do you take on Omniscient with Berserkers?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jueg01 posted:

#FirstFiesta #RegRand #BERSERKERRISK

We need a Berserker edit of :getin:

Question: is it possible to try another run-type after completing a game? I'd be down for trying out #RegChaos for a finale.

Yep, you can do as many runs in as many different flavors as your heart desires. I did four randoms, three 750s, and three no 750s last year.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Alabaster White posted:

It's probably possible theoretically but it's definitely a monkey typewriter level of probability.

That's the Berserker SCC in a nutshell.

ultrafilter posted:

How do you take on Omniscient with Berserkers?

Lucky Mage Masher silences in perfect sequence. Since he resets for you if you fail you just leave it on and begin to wonder if there even is a seed for the RNG that allows victory.

Smilefires
Dec 18, 2013

I can't wait for dupes.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That's the Berserker SCC in a nutshell.

:fireman:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Alabaster White posted:

Well yeah, Tree Exdeath is a chump, but with all those Almagests and Grand Crosses flying around with Neo, you'd be hosed. I hear Neo Exdeath has 2 false targets so your berserkers also have a nice 1/3 chance to not do any damage at all per turn! :v:

Yeah. That's why I wouldn't want to do it. Then again people have pulled off things I thought would probably be impossible so who knows? Maybe someone's insane enough to manage it. (But probably not.)

Smilefires posted:

I can't wait for dupes.

I got dupes the first year #random was a thing.

It's less fun than you'd think!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I guess if you get 4x Berserkers, it's a good way to drum up money for charity so you can switch classes and actually complete the game within an average human lifespan? :v:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alabaster White posted:

I guess if you get 4x Berserkers, it's a good way to drum up money for charity so you can switch classes and actually complete the game within an average human lifespan? :v:

Or suffer through it like a champion and claim a small corner of the infographic for your own! If some poor bastard actually did get 4 berserkers I'd throw money in a donation pool to see em try and finish at all.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Signing up with Chaos Berserker Risk, because I did every sort of run last year other than the Natural ones and I wanna try something new. And possibly terrible.

Are we going to get any official word that we should use a ROM with all the jobs unlocked, or just stick to using Freelancers until we get to the appropriate crystal, or what?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Joke's on everyone: chaos is short for Chaos Berserkers from WH40K, everyone is getting 4 Bees

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

StarMinstrel posted:

Joke's on everyone: chaos is short for Chaos Berserkers from WH40K, everyone is getting 4 Bees

Bees. My god.

In all seriousness, I feel like the 'joke' of berserkers has run its course for me, so I'll probably just roll chaos this year when I finally get off my rear end and prereg. :effort: If I did another Risk run, it'd be a 750 like last year; the two modes complement each other surprisingly well.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

First time fiesta goer here, RegChaos with Berserker Risk, bring it on :black101:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Pre-registered. Going in vanilla.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Detheros posted:

First time fiesta goer here, RegChaos with Berserker Risk, bring it on :black101:

First time ZerkerChaos buddies! :buddy:

Korichu
Dec 25, 2011

All this work is such a pain. It's like people expect the police to solve crimes or something.

Let's loving go.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Aw man, the fiesta doesn't start for three weeks? I'm so anxious to participate and finish the game for the first time :black101:

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
I registered with berserker risk and Chaos despite not knowing what it means! I might've just signed up for hell! Good luck everyone! I'm going to try to hang out in the IRC channel once it gets rolling and I'll be willing to help those that get stuck!

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
Making progress guys, at 1% already! :downs:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
are we at the point where donations add Berserkers to the pot?

also noooooo it starts on a Monday

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

We are definitely hitting 15k this year. I'm really hoping for like 17.5K but I don't think it's growing that fast.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Poque posted:

are we at the point where donations add Berserkers to the pot?

also noooooo it starts on a Monday

You are correct. We currently have seven. We need... considerably more.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Registered for chaos and berserker risk! Super excited.

Remember the polite thing to do: take a berserker, leave a berserker.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

You are correct. We currently have seven. We need... considerably more.

Just added 10! I hope I can be selfish and get 2 of them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Threw in 5. Only want 1 back though.

I'll take a Blue Mage, Time Mage, and Bard along with it :getin:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
berserker/berserker/monk/monk!

Let's do this!

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Chipped in 7, I'll chip in more if I get a Bard.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Edward_Tohr posted:

Could the year of the Quadzerker Fiesta truly be upon us?

The text on #BERSERKERRISK says that it'll replace your water/fire/earth crystal jobs if you're in random, so maaaaybe it won't start you with berserkers in Chaos, but it doesn't say. So maybe.

Either way.

#regchaos #BERSERKERRISK

LET'S FIND OUT :black101:

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I was thinking about #regchaos, then I was polity informed that #BERZERKERRISK is for real heroes.

I also learned he will update your latest registration status as well because I don't use twitter and I am all that is :black101:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

RK confirmed as much to me, yeah. Full Random (no respect for crystal placement), Dupes Available (no limit). :getin:

E: "The exact specifics are already there. "You will be assigned jobs." ^~^"

How is this different than the old random mode? Just that you can get duplicates?

I think Chaos would be interesting if along with assigning jobs, it also assigned your abilities. Try to win with what you're given!

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Ok pre-registered for just a normal run. I don't think I want to try Berserkerrisk as my first time Fiesta.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Brannock posted:

How is this different than the old random mode? Just that you can get duplicates?

I think Chaos would be interesting if along with assigning jobs, it also assigned your abilities. Try to win with what you're given!

Chaos is different in that you can get assigned jobs before you hit the crystal (so if you're using the fiesta spirit patch you can use your first job as soon as you start the game), AND it allows duplicates. Previously the only way to get multiple of any job was to have #random #BERSERKERRISK and get multiple berserkers, or in FF1-mode you could get duplicates of those jobs, except for Red Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Brannock posted:

The idea that we've settled on is that Chaos will also pull from later crystals as well as earlier crystals.

• Locked thread