Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm unable to fit all of my sleeved bullshit into that box now that I got Adventures and ITS DRIVING ME INSANE. I DONT STEP ON SIDEWALK CRACKS AND MY DOMINION FITS IN ONE BOX ARGGhHHH IM LOSING CONTROL

I have a second dominion cardboard box that I keep the extra base cards in that I might have to demote the Alchemy stuff to, and even then I'll just barely fit everything in.

Kind of contemplating just getting the second big box because it seems sort of inevitable that they'll make another set some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

Mage Knight is the best game ever and not nearly as daunting or confusing as it seems at first.

I recently played the Mage Knight tutorial and I have to say that probably the worst/most intimidating part was just initial physical setup. This may be because the last person to play had put everything away super wrong, but getting all the decks and counters and crystals on the table and sorted out took way longer than the pre-play rules explanation did. The tutorial game itself was pretty fun and also pretty good at explaining things at an engaging but not overwhelming pace.

Now I just need to find someone willing to spend a whole evening playing non-tutorial coop mode with me :(

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

OtspIII posted:

I recently played the Mage Knight tutorial and I have to say that probably the worst/most intimidating part was just initial physical setup.

I've heard this before and can't really refute it. There's a lot of fiddly little token stacks to deal with. If I'm playing solo or with friends who don't have much table space, we'll just use the vassal module instead.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe you guys could take your relationship with the game one step further with the Magic Night organizer http://www.thebrokentoken.com/magic-night-organizer/

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I made my own Mage Knight insert that has all characters in a separate bin with their decks/tokens/etc. Its killer. I'll post pics when I get home.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Maybe you guys could take your relationship with the game one step further with the Magic Night organizer http://www.thebrokentoken.com/magic-night-organizer/

That actually looks really nice but the problem isn't storing the tokens so much as shuffling all the fiddly and oddly-shaped stacks. Where's the Magical Night© Token Linear Redistributor©?

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

One thing I don't get is that these super nice, but super expensive organizers never leave room for sleeved cards. If I'm spending $30 on a 3rd party insert, I'm sure as hell spending $15 to sleeve my cards.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
When I get done playing mage knight I slide my arm across the table and knock everything onto the floor and box

EBag
May 18, 2006

So far I've tried to keep my collection to this small shelf so if they don't get played or we don't end up liking them they get dropped. I have a few games in storage that are awaiting a new home(Space Alert and Eclipse, don't get to the table anymore :(), so this is just the games that have survived. Dead of Winter will probably be on the chopping block next. A bunch of these have expansions but I've fit them all into the original boxes.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
I really should stack mine horizontally but I'm too worried about stuff like manuals getting bent. Probably a silly concern. I use planos for games with lots of bits (uwe Rosenberg games, war games etc) and bags in most other cases. Mostly I try and cram expansions into the main box which means I usually chuck the inserts.

Blamestorm fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 29, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What the gently caress is The Game of Life doing on there?

EBag
May 18, 2006

My wife still sorta loves it :smith: fortunately we haven't played it in awhile :unsmith:

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

Zombie #246 posted:

When I get done playing mage knight I slide my arm across the table and knock everything onto the floor and box

The image of this is playing in my head :stonk:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Your collection is so big but your table is so small ... :(

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Also, how is roll for the galaxy's box bigger than race? Are the dice huge or something?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It comes with those cups and screens for your stuff.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Oh is it collection picture time?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Lord Frisk posted:

Also, how is roll for the galaxy's box bigger than race? Are the dice huge or something?

5 plastic cups, more dice than you'd expect, cards are now tiles with some thickness, it all adds up. That being said, there's still empty room in the box.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Good god, Ogre has a gigantic box.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Good god, Ogre has a gigantic box.

I keep a bunch of Ogre counters in a plano and a few maps in a normal game box, the giant box really is silly (there's a lot of 3-D ogre counters and a really huge amount of wasted space).

EBag
May 18, 2006

Lord Frisk posted:

The dice are small, not sure what the actual size is but maybe 3/4 of a standard D6? But there's like 110 of them or something, along with the cups and giant bag of tiles.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
By the way....anyone interested in a full campaign game of pax baltica? It's a short 14 hour (86 turn) block game. Don't be a pussy it's one of the most interesting European wars you never learned about in highschool.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Here's my Mage Knight insert. Little sloppy (my first time working with foam) but completely functional and makes setup a breeze. The trays are all separate and can be pulled out freely. I do need to sleeve everything still. It was honestly a poo poo ton of work and I don't want to think about doing it for the expansions (or where they'd fit), but totally worth it for this monster of a game.

Everything stacked for storage (rule book and reputation board go on top)

Character trays out of the box

The cards are sorted by type and have dividers between them

Map tiles, cities, and tokens

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 29, 2015

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Lord Frisk posted:

Your collection is so big but your table is so small ... :(

If you mean me, that is my GAME CHOOSING TABLE. My GAME PLAYING table is much larger.

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff

Durendal posted:

The image of this is playing in my head :stonk:

that's pretty much the face of everyone else at the table

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Here is where I insert mage knight and every other game made by chvatil.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
My collection has spiraled out of control and seems to keep on taking over more shelves. I'll get rid of some of these games some day...

We had one Ikea Expedit shelf and then when it was time to get another they had moved on to the Kallex so we had to get 2 so the setup didn't look super wonky.

EBag
May 18, 2006

4outof5 posted:

I see Galaxy Trucker on your shelves :colbert:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
My little pile. My storage has doors to hide my shame (actually to cut down on dust).

Hidden in the back, a bunch of expansions, Warhammer Disk Wars, and a bunch of home made/custom skinned games like Witches Brew, Ca$h and Gun$, and a few others.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

Lorini posted:

I unfortunately have never learned how to post pics on somethingawful, so my collection will have to remain a mystery :negative:

I had to work it out too. Go to imgur.com, there is a button to upload a pic. It gives you a URL in return. Then when you post here, put 'timg' in square brackets followed by http://i.imgur.com/CODE.jpg followed by /timg in square brackets. Put the unique code imgur gives you where I wrote CODE.

I quoted someone else on my phone and then I could see what they had done.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EBag posted:

I see Galaxy Trucker on your shelves :colbert:
and Mage Knight

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

4outof5 posted:

You're super edgy bro. Super edgy.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Lord Frisk is apparently not a fan of games about The Great Northern War.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say

4outof5 posted:

Please don't troll, you will summon the Ettin :ohdear:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

4outof5 posted:

Lord Frisk is apparently not a fan of games about The Great Northern War.

I prefer my trolls to have wit.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Lord Frisk posted:

I prefer my trolls to have wit.

I'm not trolling just because I don't agree with you. Ask the people from #boardgoons I am very consistent about my feelings on vlaada's designs.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

4outof5 posted:

more like 2outof5, now THIS is a good post:

Zombie #246 posted:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

4outof5 posted:

I'm not trolling just because I don't agree with you. Ask the people from #boardgoons I am very consistent about my feelings on vlaada's designs.

I don't care what you're doing, and I have no idea why you think we disagree about anything. Or maybe you think your picture of a garbage can was witty.

Whatever, have fun with your low content trolls and your lack of tact.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
You guys are being very mean to 4outof5, just because he wants to store his game inefficiently in some sort of metal tube doesn't mean he can't have his own opinions. Not everyone can afford a Bloogerd or whatever the latest IKEA model is, geeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is there a way to make King of Tokyo fun? I've played like four games and I have yet to use the poison tokens or whatever they are.

Are all my friends just playing too aggressive and dumb or is it a bad game for poopy babies?