Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baron Snow posted:

:siren: Bonnouji Alert :siren:

Aki★Eda started playing card games!

This series is off to a good start and is doing a decent job of explaining what's going on in the card battles to people like me who have never touched a CCG.

Also thanks to this being posted in the chat thread I discovered that Aki Eda has done an absolute ton of yuri Touhou dojinshi. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
"Permission"? Has the scanslator ever played a game of MTG before?

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I would assume 'yes'. http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/asking-permission-2002-04-12

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Except that you and I know that looking for an article from 2002 is pedantic and that nobody calls it that, it's just a "control" deck.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

maybe they call it that way in japan

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
deleting post

nothings
Sep 29, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

To clarify: yes. Probably back when _I_ played MtG (in the 1990s), since this is what we called it back then. The late 1990s is indeed "ever", and it is indeed "before".

Yes, I am being pedantic. Guess what, complaining that a term a scanlator uses for a fictionalized version of MtG is wrong is you being pedantic first.

Anyway, on topic: it's hard to say from two chapters, but personally I don't have high hopes for this comic vs. Bonnouji. Pseudo-naked middle schooler, shounen-sports-battle scenes... not doing it for me.

nothings fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 26, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Read a few first chapters of some things that may or may not be worth following:

Suki ni Naranai yo, Senpai
Girl falls for a gentle art club "prince" and decides to attend the same high school. Turns out he's actually a sleaze, whoops!

Hapira Hajimaru
Well-meaning girl screws up scary classmate's living situation so he moves into the guest house on her family's property. Turns out he's tragic and hardworking instead of being a delinquent, whoops!

Douse Mou Nigerarenai
Unemployed woman dreams of being an office lady but misses her chance, and meanwhile she interviews for a temp job and her boss is a lazy jerk. Turns out he's more successful than he seems, whoops!

Toremorotora
High-school girl is a huge fan of some band and attends their show with her boyfriend, where she meets the sexy lead singer. Turns out he's her ultra-dull homeroom teacher, whoops!

Itsuka no Seishun
Regular high school girl living in a small town goes to class on the first day of school and sees a guy who she thinks is her homeroom teacher. Turns out he's 25 and attending high school as her classmate, whoops!

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet
Poor high-schooler gets kicked out of her house thanks to dad's debts and takes a job as a live-in housekeeper for a writer. Turns out neither of them is what the other expected, whoops!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I love shoujo manga.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
These all sound terrible. Are they?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's nothing terrible about secretly nice delinquent boys

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pastrymancy posted:

These all sound terrible. Are they?

Dunno there isn't a lot to judge by yet other than their very standard shoujo premises which can probably eliminate some of them right off the bat. Most of them only have one chapter translated. I think the one with the live-in housekeeper might be cute and I'll probably keep reading the office lady josei one at least.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Except that you and I know that looking for an article from 2002 is pedantic and that nobody calls it that, it's just a "control" deck.
"Permission" has been a commonly used term for well over a decade, so I don't know why you're saying nobody uses it. Permission is a subset of control which focuses on counterspells, control can cover other strategies like board control, land destruction, discard, etc.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

More importantly it is the least important thing you could possibly get mad over, calm down, dude.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet! is drawn by the same person who did Hirunaka no Ryuusei, so if you didn't like/care about the latter, then you probably won't care for Tsubaki. It's super new, but I'm already kind of seeing the same dynamics and tropes... (love triangle with one girl and two guys, one older, one younger...)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Compendium posted:

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

Yeah I was actually planning on reading that to see if I liked it, since it's complete although the comments have totally spoiled who she ends up with. Love triangle plots are not really my favorite thing in the world but if the characters aren't completely obnoxious I don't mind so much, and it helps when the art is nice.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 26, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Isn't that the series where the girl got together with the teacher? I remember not liking that one because I was bummed at how the classmate got treated.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nondevor posted:

Isn't that the series where the girl got together with the teacher? I remember not liking that one because I was bummed at how the classmate got treated.

Yeah, it's a love triangle with teacher, student, and classmate basically. It already ended.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nondevor posted:

She chose the classmate in the end actually.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Nondevor posted:

to pretty much everyone's surprise, no. She chose the classmate

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Allarion posted:

She chose the classmate in the end actually.

:aaaaa: I guess I should go back and finish it then! The early love triangle drama bothered me a lot, but maybe it improved after the point I stopped.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alex no

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gather the good ongoing yuri and offer it unto me, thread. I hunger.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Darth Walrus posted:

Tamen De Gushi
Collectors
Stretch

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mikl posted:

Tamen De Gushi
Has a new update. :toot:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stretch still has one toe in the "Not technically yuri" category, so it's not technically yuri. It just looks, walks, acts, and quacks like a duck.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Darth Walrus posted:

Nico x Maki doujins

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Orange-Yane-no-Chiisana-Ie
crossposting my rec for those who don't read general chat, this is a really good romcom/dad with kid manga like usagi drop or my girl but without usagis drop bad latter half

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah yeah, I remember that one being really cute.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Davincie posted:

crossposting my rec for those who don't read general chat, this is a really good romcom/dad with kid manga like usagi drop or my girl but without usagis drop bad latter half

Reading the first chapter... I see that Nico's idol career didn't last long hehehe

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Davincie posted:

Read this years ago and yeah, it's pretty good.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Davincie posted:

Following the discussion of single dad manga, My Girl by Sahara Mizu is good. It's also finished!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chichikogusa is also a really good single dad manga with a historical setting.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
New chapter of Mizutama Honey Boy came out earlier today.

Fuji shows off his cool side :3:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nondevor posted:

New chapter of Mizutama Honey Boy came out earlier today.

Fuji shows off his cool side :3:

Sengoku's blank expressions are the best.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well what do you know, another relatively normal, well-adjusted chapter of Horimiya. Hope it's a trend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hi i went to the Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum and it had a shoujo exhibit here are pictures of everything

http://imgur.com/a/ntuLk

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
^Cool yo; thanks for sharing! Those starry eyes :swoon:

Here's a fluffy oneshot, Hanabatake no iberico. (Yep, iberico like the fancy Spanish pig.)

I like the clean, simple art of this recent shoujo, Yuugure Light. Only two chapters, but interesting enough so far - it has a jaded main protagonist, but not completely unlikeable, I feel.

At this point, I just want to make my own shoujo manga, where the two romantic leads are both decent people with normal social skills who try to treat each other well and aren't both super dumb. Oh, and relatively close in age or, at least, both over the age of consent and no weird power relationship (e.g. teacher/pupil). It would probably be the most boring manga ever. I guess I can add like a couple of tanukis or something.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

pandabear posted:

At this point, I just want to make my own shoujo manga, where the two romantic leads are both decent people with normal social skills who try to treat each other well and aren't both super dumb. Oh, and relatively close in age or, at least, both over the age of consent and no weird power relationship (e.g. teacher/pupil). It would probably be the most boring manga ever. I guess I can add like a couple of tanukis or something.

I'd read it. But in terms of actual shoujo, I'd say ReRe Hello would fit the bill of sensible romantic leads. The guy starts off as somewhat demanding due to his rich kid status, but he quickly shapes up. It's pretty cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The last chapter of Mukuro Chandelier was released. It's a weird/funny little comic about a necromancer and his ghoul helper. What little plot there is doesn't always make a whole lot of sense but it was fun and I'm a little sad it's finally complete. There's a lot of corpse dismemberment but it isn't like detailed gore or or anything, most of it is fairly simple and stylized.