Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

rabidsquid posted:

So what you're saying you've never rode a horse before? This is normal.

Obviously not downhill, because when I go uphill, it's just Geralt skating up it on his butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Is the fleet footed trait just broken? Doesn't seem to do what it says for me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My verisimilitude is pleased at these real world horse physics

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Thanks for the tip on the driver rollback. Working perfectly now. Hopefully nvidia gets a new one out that fixes those issues sometime soon.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jesus Christ the botchling is terrifying!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Jesus Christ the botchling is terrifying!

I thought he was kind of adorable.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
the botchling is kinda adorable in a hosed up way.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

TheJoker138 posted:

How do I roll back drivers? I've never had to do it before.

The old drivers are still available on nvidia's website. The best way of doing uninstalling old drivers is to use a tool called "Display Driver Uninstaller" - it'll remove all traces of the old drivers so they don't interfere. It comes with on-screen prompts that are pretty self-explanatory, so you can't really mess it up if you follow the directions.

Now, bear in mind I may just be streaking on the "game doesn't feel like crashing" time right now (meaning the roll-back was just a placebo), but one thing I know for sure is that the Witcher 3 game ready driver was crashing a shitload using Chrome (this is a known issue), which doesn't happen nearly as often anymore.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
For recruiting allies after Skellige How the gently caress do I physically reach Cerys? I can't seem to get up to that part of the castle. It's driving me crazy

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the loving staircase. Ugh, that was way more difficult than it should've been. I'm an idiot.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 29, 2015

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fredrich of Oxenfurt is the voice of Dr. Orpheus from Venture Bros.?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Is the quest bug thing a big enough deal to not play the game until it's fixed?

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Funnily enough. I love the horse controls in this game. As soon as I started free riding my first thought was "finally, a loving horse that actually moves somewhat deftly. I think the only game I've played with a horse this good is Shadow of the Collosus.

Skyrim was a step down from Oblivion horses, and rear end creed handled like rear end, as did RDR and the 3D zeldas.

Speaking of zelda, waiting for a mod that plays Windwaker ocean music when you're in a boat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I keep going through quests and sidequests thinking "ok ok THIS is gonna be the end game" and then the game is all "nope, look at all this poo poo to do!"

I love this game. :allears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Doing quests in this game really does have the Civ style "one more turn" feel for me. I rarely play games for more than an hour these days and I played this for ten hours in one sitting.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

My biggest problem with the quests in this game is that they're just SO GOOD and not at all the "go collect five bear anuses" style. I plan on playing for an hour or so, and then I look at the clock and four hours has passed. It's crazy.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Doing quests in this game really does have the Civ style "one more turn" feel for me. I rarely play games for more than an hour these days and I played this for ten hours in one sitting.

Yup! I was playing and checked the time, it was midnight. Figured I had the time to do another quick quest and the next time I checked the watch, it was 3am. Game sucks you in!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Even more, while you have the standar dexclamation point/Christmas tree sidequests, others are provided organically as you're wrapping up main story quests. Oh, while you're here, I got another thing to look into. Not even a camera break with some of them, just perfectly smooth.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

You guys aren't kidding. This Bloody Baron quest never ends! That said, I BEAT THE BLOODY BARON IN GWENT!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The bug happens if you do a grey quest or do the bloody baron quest, right?

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
As far as I can tell, the bug is just "you get no experience from quest completion" (on PC, latest patch).

Or at least that's how it's working for me, regardless of what level the quest is relative to me. :(

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
'Alright, I'm kind of tired of exploring, but one last question mark on Skellige before i do some contracts. Oh, a monster's lair I wonder wha-'

*out comes a level 31 ghost of the wild hunt that won't stop chasing*

:stonk:

*is eleven levels below it. Proceeds to murder all of them using Axii and Enhanced Bleedy Cat Sword*

For on this day, even ghosts may bleed :black101:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think I waited too late to start playing gwent, because I can't beat anyone. Level 17 and just finished the Novigrad main questline. Everyone I play at gwent just seems to have cards way better than anything I can throw at them, and I always lose.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Oh god the small details in this game are the best. When you first enter that huge city the dude is like what the gently caress ever. poo poo is so legit.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Isn't the XP system set up so you get more XP when you're underlevelled for the main quest and less when you're overlevelled? So even if you have the XP bug (if that's what it is), you'd level pretty fast once they fix it?

Also, I'm not at home right now, but you're supposed to be able to roll back to earlier versions of the game with Gog Galaxy.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Okay, I got hit by the XP bug pretty big, so whoever knows a trainer to give XP that works (The one I found doesn't) I would be grateful.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

PureRok posted:

Okay, I got hit by the XP bug pretty big, so whoever knows a trainer to give XP that works (The one I found doesn't) I would be grateful.

Try CheatEngine out, I haven't played with experience yet, but there's bound to be a table (prepared script you run in the program that allows you to edit stuff) that you can use.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Roach can follow you into buildings if he wants. :stare:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not mine but uh....

:stare:

Open world games are the gift that keeps on giving. It'll be a sad day when developers finally figure out how to make them bug free.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

So, Roach decided he's done sprinting forever. Like, the Double Shift to Gallop prompt doesn't even show up anymore. Any idea how to fix this?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So, Roach decided he's done sprinting forever. Like, the Double Shift to Gallop prompt doesn't even show up anymore. Any idea how to fix this?

Save and reload.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

So do they ever tell you what the gently caress about the quest to trick the hym that haunted Udalryk? I threw a god drat baby into an oven and no one's said a thing as to how that wasn't real.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So do they ever tell you what the gently caress about the quest to trick the hym that haunted Udalryk? I threw a god drat baby into an oven and no one's said a thing as to how that wasn't real.

A wizard did it. Don't worry about it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Are you in one of the larger cities?
Galloping is disabled for the safety of the citizens.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

If you don't throw the baby in, Cerys explains the plan you just ruined and says there's an opening at the back of the oven. The old druid is waiting there and immediately grabs the baby as soon as you put it in. That was the only quest for which I save-scummed the decision because I had to know how the other path plays out and I felt so guilty for not trusting Cerys.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Heithinn Grasida posted:

If you don't throw the baby in, Cerys explains the plan you just ruined and says there's an opening at the back of the oven. The old druid is waiting there and immediately grabs the baby as soon as you put it in. That was the only quest for which I save-scummed the decision because I had to know how the other path plays out and I felt so guilty for not trusting Cerys.

Going to update my answer.

A druid did it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nasgate posted:

Funnily enough. I love the horse controls in this game. As soon as I started free riding my first thought was "finally, a loving horse that actually moves somewhat deftly. I think the only game I've played with a horse this good is Shadow of the Collosus.

Skyrim was a step down from Oblivion horses, and rear end creed handled like rear end, as did RDR and the 3D zeldas.

Speaking of zelda, waiting for a mod that plays Windwaker ocean music when you're in a boat.

I wish there was a way to turn off Roach automatically pathing just like completely and in general. One of the few things I truly dislike about the controls in this game is the fact that even when you're holding forward, Roach will steer around certain things on his own which causes me to subconsciously correct to keep him straight which then causes me to stumble right into a tree which he then gets stuck on and runs into for 3 solid seconds before becoming unstuck from the geometry. Repeat every 2 minutes every time I go off of paths, and even then on paths he sometimes decides to stick to them like glue even if I've got the control stick held down in a direction which supposedly should stop that.

Please just let me control the goddamn horse, I don't need any help. :(

edit: The other thing I don't like is that Geralt doesn't stop running/walking when you let go of the control stick, he just walks for a few more seconds for no real reason. He's not slowing down or anything, he just does and then stops. It makes it basically impossible for me to loot things off of the ground because he stops on top of the loot instead of in front of it where I wanted him to stop when I let go of the control stick. :geno:

Also, the underwater controls suck so bad, especially when you need to loot something near the surface which causes Geralt to surface at the same time as trying to loot the thing and so you have to do this power struggle where you hold X to keep him down while pressing A makes you go back up and which is just aaaarrrrgggghhhhh

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:05 on May 29, 2015

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
In a game of questionable controls the underwater controls REALLY take the cake. How did these end up so badly? What ever happened to "swim in the direction you're pointing?"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is Geralt smirking to himself as he talks to these tiny little dudes? :allears:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

NicelyNice posted:

In a game of questionable controls the underwater controls REALLY take the cake. How did these end up so badly? What ever happened to "swim in the direction you're pointing?"

You can.

Also, I want a mod that makes all gear equippable at any level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Late game-ish horse glitch whining nilfgaardian roach turns back into brown roach while you're in white orchard, fix your game cdpr :mad: