Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i hope blatter loses and gives a speech where he says "im taking you all down with me" and his dead man's switch is emailed to the fbi and every single person involved in fifa goes to prison for the rest of their life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

i hope blatter loses and gives a speech where he says "im taking you all down with me" and his dead man's switch is emailed to the fbi and every single person involved in fifa goes to prison for the rest of their life

Based on how he's acted, this doesn't appear as far from the truth as it could.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Monday Bandele posted:

If I was a Blazer relative I'd be entering witness relocation right now

This is beautiful.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I hope he shouts: "You won't get me alive, coppers!" and starts a huge gunfight.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Someone called in a bomb threat to Fifa hq lol.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Serious Fraud Office is “actively assessing material in its possession and ready to assist international criminal investigations” in relation to Fifa.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

quote:

Oh it’s all kicking off now. We know that the Swiss authorities are investigating the bidding process behind the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, but the president of the Congolese FA and Fifa executive committee member, Constant Omari, has now told French radio RTL that Germany bought the right the host the 2006 World Cup!
this is the greatest poo poo of all time

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Guess why the German FA is keeping shut about it. There's absolutely no way to get a World Cup from FIFA without bribing everyone (or using it to get votes from Africa).

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Constant omari is a pretty good name

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
blatter made football a great sport to watch

PlantHead
Jan 2, 2004

serious gaylord posted:

Someone called in a bomb threat to Fifa hq lol.

Suspicious brown bag found at FIFA headquarters - must be a bomb right?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Have a good feeling that Blatter will win todays election

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Constant omari is a pretty good name
Not a Sexwale-tier name though

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PlantHead posted:

Suspicious brown bag found at FIFA headquarters - must be a bomb right?
Someone mistook a money bomb for a real bomb. Happens all the time.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Constant Omari's move is to not deny that there's endemic corruption in the organization, but instead to freak out and make the scope of the corruption bigger...ostensibly contradicting everything that Blatter said in his president's speech ftw

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
there is no one more capable of running a global sports spectacle than blatter

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I hope this plays out like the end of Inglourious Basterds.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Israel is going to leave FIFA now, but not because of corruption, because they aren't allowed to be openly racist

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
it's a good reason

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dravs posted:

Pretty sure baseball came from the game rounders, which is a game for children :smuggo: :britain:

lol nope

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
gently caress off no one gives a poo poo about baseball you fat fucktards

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
It's the World Cup all over again, all the retarded Americans with Baseball avatars are here

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Youtube stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpiVLm6gxVo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Israel is going to leave FIFA now, but not because of corruption, because they aren't allowed to be openly racist

Wait how are Italy and Spain not leaving then?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

gfanikf posted:

Wait how are Italy and Spain not leaving then?

Spain has been the modern day East Germany ever since the wall fell.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I think Blatter is a symptom rather than the problem itself.

The problem with FIFA is that it is one country, one vote. That means that China, a country of 1.4bln people, has same number of votes as the Faroe Islands, which isn't even independent and has only 50k people. Same also holds true for footballing giants - Germany, Brazil, etc, have same votes as Nepal.

Even if Blatter is toppled, this structural problem is going to remain. The smaller federations will always be susceptable to influence - whether its bribes or pressure (same thing happens at the UN - China and Taiwan respectively bribe small countries to vote for them and against the other). FIFA needs a completely new governance structure to deal with this, but there is no way the turkeys will vote for christmas

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

Spain has been the modern day East Germany ever since the wall fell.

Rafael Nadal
David Ferrer
Miguel Indurain
Alberto Contador
Every single member of Barcelona FC.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tigey posted:

I think Blatter is a symptom rather than the problem itself.

The problem with FIFA is that it is one country, one vote. That means that China, a country of 1.4bln people, has same number of votes as the Faroe Islands, which isn't even independent and has only 50k people. Same also holds true for footballing giants - Germany, Brazil, etc, have same votes as Nepal.

Even if Blatter is toppled, this structural problem is going to remain. The smaller federations will always be susceptable to influence - whether its bribes or pressure (same thing happens at the UN - China and Taiwan respectively bribe small countries to vote for them and against the other). FIFA needs a completely new governance structure to deal with this, but there is no way the turkeys will vote for christmas

He put that system in. Guess why.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I am finding these actual powerpoint presentations about women's soccer waaay too interesting.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

straight up brolic posted:

this is the greatest poo poo of all time

http://therealfutbol.com/2011/07/22/gift-baskets-sausages-and-kukuclocks-the-final-fax-that-changed-the-2006-world-cup/

elwood fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 29, 2015

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So if I read right, the one member one vote came in *after* the qatar decision?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lid posted:

He put that system in. Guess why.
Pretty sure Joao Havelange put in the system but Sepp Blatter perfected it.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 29, 2015

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

silvergoose posted:

So if I read right, the one member one vote came in *after* the qatar decision?

Yeah, previously the only people who could vote where these people:

:downs:

All it means now is that there are more people to bribe.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I am confused, why did the French man Jerome Valcke speak in English? Everybody else was going on in French.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently this Israel issue is actually getting quite interesting:

quote:

The Guardian’s Peter Beaumont has more on the Palestinian motion to have Israel suspended from Fifa. With the vote to come in the next couple of hours or so, it looks as though it will go down to the wire.

As we reported this morning there is an agreement on compromise issues on four of the main points in the Palestinian complaint. Israel has offered laissez passers for Palestinian footballers, to help develop Palestinian pitches and to set up a mechanism for disagreements.

Where there is still no agreement - and the deal breaker for both sides - is on the issue of five settlement football teams based in the occupied territories. The Palestinian FA wants them suspended and Israel says this isn’t going to happen. The suggested Fifa compromise is that this is parked at the UN which then decides on the issue. Israel is not keen on this at all since the likely ruling, in line with international law, is that the teams are based in illegal settlements in land under occupation.

All that Blatter has done for now is pushing the issue further along the agenda in the hope of buying a couple more hours for a deal. My sources on the Palestinian delegation have been pretty consistent on this issue today and for the preceding weeks. That doesn’t mean there won’t necessarily be a fudge in the end but it is going to go right up to any vote by the looks of it.

I have little doubt that Blazer ate all of it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

lmao you guys better look up who Martin Sonneborn is

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just make Israel play in Africa or something, it's closer than Europe and not as Arab.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Also if I see another post about baseball or video games it's a week for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Just make Israel play in Africa or something, it's closer than Europe and not as Arab.
Well what happens when they have to play in Muslim countries on the continent though? Isn't trouble with that why they had to go to UEFA?