Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Does Arkwright always cost 1 million dollars?

Yes, its msrp is like $120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

More StorageChat;

With Dominion, The Agents and Mnemonic not shown, as they're scattered around the flat. All but Mage Knight and Carcassonne have all the expansions in box, most have Broken Token inserts 'cos I'm anal about these things.

Apologies for CAH, it was a christmas present.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You can't quite see all the games tucked away in the closet back there, so I took them out. Also pictured another shelf of my games elsewhere:

The End posted:

I assume your custom Ultra-Talisman requires a closet all of its own?

It is highly dense, and therefore at the bottom. It would crush games if it was on top. I don't often get the chance to dig to it so I took some pics of it as well now that it is out of the bottom of the pile. I keep it in the Pathfinder Cards box, because I have some option rules that allow you to mix the two together (and there is ample room in the box :v:):

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Rutibex posted:

It is highly dense, and therefore at the bottom. It would crush games if it was on top. I don't often get the chance to dig to it so I took some pics of it as well now that it is out of the bottom of the pile. I keep it in the Pathfinder Cards box, because I have some option rules that allow you to mix the two together (and there is ample room in the box :v:):

Put this in the OP.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Rutibex posted:

You can't quite see all the games tucked away in the closet back there, so I took them out. Also pictured another shelf of my games elsewhere:

:allears:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Rutibex, what's the role of that rope-bound puppy in the box, other than increasing the price/weight ratio?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I think that's a winter hat filled with dice, combining storage with a roleplaying assistance accessory.

Zveroboy
Apr 17, 2007

If you take those sheep again I will bury this fucking axe in your skull.
Well Goons, I finally did it. Last night I played Cards Against Humanity with four former university housemates and...my parents.

I don't want to say I never want to play it again, it was a good laugh and we actually did have fun (my dad especially coming up with some of the sickest answers) but I can see why people have the complaints they do about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Rutibex posted:

Dear god, I feel like a detective looking at the notebooks of some serial killer in a movie.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It puts the card in the discard pile

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I think that's a better use for the Pathfinder box that keeping pathfinder stuff. Probably because I've never played Talisman but I own the entire Pathfinder campaign.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Since we're showing off collections, my disorganised mess:

Disclaimer: that's not all mine, my housemates own a bunch of those.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm jealous of all you guys that own more than 6 games

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Gutter Owl posted:

Rutibex-Talisman never actually ends, so he never has to put it away.

So it's basically just regular Talisman?

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Tippis posted:

So it's basically just regular Talisman?

It's a Talisman where you have to play Pathfinder as a minigame.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Durendal posted:

Yes, its msrp is like $120

Yea, it's a combination of there being a lot of pieces in the box, and there only being a print run of 1000.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

(I actually almost got it for my birthday and it's still on Cardhaus and god help me when I make this Caylus order that I stick to my business and my business alone)

Gimnbo posted:

A lot of the wood in Viticulture just sits on your player board until you accidentally sweep them off the table with your arm finish the game.

My dogs are going to eat the poo poo out of a trellis I know this

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 29, 2015

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Should I buy Concordia?

Texibus
May 18, 2008

bowmore posted:

I'm jealous of all you guys that own more than 6 games

Don't be, it's a sickness. Might as well be alcoholics showing off their liquor cabinets.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I was recently accused of owning too many games, so thanks, goons, for helping to justify the cash I just dropped on Dungeon Lords: Anniversary and Specter Ops.

I'm not even using every shelf!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Texibus posted:

Should I buy Concordia?

It's a good game although I think I may like Hansa Teutonica better atm and they scratch somewhat similar itches.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

The apartment I live in has nice old huge wooden shelves with doors.

Lots of room for my collection, which definitely has some weird/bad games alongside some really good ones. It's also pretty unorganized.

I also have a little more storage besides these.

burger time fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 29, 2015

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
FINALLY got around to playing Tash Kalar 4-player High Form. Yeah, it's pretty good. A lot more going on than the free-for-all killing fests, with their dumb flare rules.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

cyberia posted:

How is Starfarers of Catan? I like the ~theme~ but am not sure if it's worth hunting down a copy from eBay or BGG?

Starfarers is pretty interesting. I would peg its depth at slightly above regular Catan, maybe like playing with the Cities and Knights expansion. If you like the theme, the game has plenty of it. You have a plastic spaceship with different colored spheres inside that you "roll" to determine how far you can travel on the board each turn. There are upgrades you can obtain that attach directly to the spaceship. To get more resources you travel around space and land on planets to explore them and settle your new colonies. There are aliens you can go visit to establish trading alliances for powers (catan ports, but more unique and powerful).

The main problem with the game is that it can take a long time (2hr) because there is more to do on each turn than just "roll dice, pass turn, because i don't have enough to build thing that I want." In that time you can play some games with a bit more depth IMO.

Coincidentally, I have a copy of starfarers of catan I am looking to offload, if you would like to take it to PMs or the board game trading thread in SA mart :haw:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cyberia posted:

How is Starfarers of Catan? I like the ~theme~ but am not sure if it's worth hunting down a copy from eBay or BGG?

Starfarers is awesome in a trashy way. You're represented by this massive toy dildo with attachable cock rings and butt plugs. It's still Catan roll the dice resource generation but now you explore a map and interact with NPCs on the board. If you think Fantasy Flight games are over produced then you'll drop your jaw when you see the detail they put in this thing.

Hands down the best feature is the greatest implementation of events I've seen in a board game short of reading from a book. Everything wrong with DoW's crossroads cards were done flawlessly in this 15 year old game.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

cyberia posted:

al-azad posted:

You're represented by this massive toy dildo with attachable cock rings and butt plugs.

The Big Space gently caress: The Boardgame.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it doesn't count if you fish it out of the trash later

EBag
May 18, 2006

Texibus posted:

Should I buy Concordia?

Yah, it's a good game. Hansa Teutonica is also a good choice, though the gameplay is very different. Concordia scales better to any player count, HT is best with 3 and 5, good with 4, meh with 2. Concordia is much more of an economic game, with lots of long term planning and revolves around managing your hand of cards, it's not really a deck builder so much as it is about hand management. It doesn't have a ton of variability from game to game, though the cities get scattered around a little differently and the cards come out in slightly different order, it doesn't change up the game that much but we've played it 5 or 6 times now and it's still very interesting to play.

HT plays much faster, we finished a 5 player game in just over an hour, and it has a very open ended feel to it as you can basically do whatever you want as long as you have the actions to do it. Even though it has almost no variability, there seems to be no best route to victory, there are all kinds of different strategies and tactics to try out and there is also lots of player interaction which makes it really fun for what looks like a super dry euro.

I would also recommend HT over Concordia, but both are very good and you couldn't go wrong with both either.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Hansa Teutonica is interesting to me in the sense that on the surface the casual observer might think it's like the most boring, driest game among newer games people may have played; however, once you get into it the game feels different and fresh compared to other euros. That plus Caylus would be a nice complement to each other if you wanted just a couple of euros with extra complexity.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Whew! Here is my collection! :yaycloud:

I have a few more downstairs but not as neatly organized.

For the most part, the games I don't get to I sell. However some I keep even though we don't play them often like Indonesia. I usually play about 10 games a month.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 29, 2015

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Lorini posted:

Not working.

:negative:

You're so close! Just change the url to http://i.imgur.com/6IS8xhz.jpg

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Yeah be aware of imgur's weird wrapper page before the actual image.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Lorini posted:

Whew! Here is my collection! :yaycloud:

I have a few more downstairs but not as neatly organized.

For the most part, the games I don't get to I sell. However some I keep even though we don't play them often like Indonesia. I usually play about 10 games a month.

Well since Ebag asked me and I haven't even opened my copy yet -- thoughts on Goa?

Seeing all these OOP Euros in these collections makes me wonder where FFG will go next with their Euro Classic line (and how frequently they'll do it).

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.

Zark the Damned posted:

Since we're showing off collections, my disorganised mess:

Disclaimer: that's not all mine, my housemates own a bunch of those.

How do you like Kaosball?

taser rates posted:

Yea, it's a combination of there being a lot of pieces in the box, and there only being a print run of 1000.

But is it a good game?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Did I miss the dick-measuring? I brought my special ruler and everything.

The game without a box in the upper right is High Frontier, which I bought out of Phil Eklund's storage shed. Not pictured: A closet full of empty expansion boxes. Single box storage or die, muthafucka.

Bottom right cube is my current sell/trade pile, which should include Spyrium.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

All these pictures make me feel way better about my spending habits and all the rarely-played games that sit on my shelves.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Gutter Owl posted:

The game without a box in the upper right is High Frontier, which I bought out of Phil Eklund's storage shed. Not pictured: A closet full of empty expansion boxes. Single box storage or die, muthafucka.

Nice COIN series :eyepop:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

EvilChameleon posted:

But is it a good game?

If you're in the mood for 3 hour or longer economic games with huge amounts of room for strategic creativity and competition, it's awesome. I can write a summary of the game systems if you want, but it'll be long.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gutter Owl posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Gutter Owl posted:

I have been getting very interested in the GMT games lately and they are not at the local boardgame cafe, so seeing all of yours makes me want to go hog wild online and stuff a shopping cart & mash CHECKOUT :f5: