Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
FIFA owns. This is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

advanced statsman posted:

Im glad Blatter won, gently caress off you dickwads
nice meltdown

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I forgive our American friends who have only just discovered FIFA and its corruption. They'll forget it exists soon enough.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

advanced statsman posted:

Blatter doesn't give a cr*d!

Sepp Blater turn left!!! nooooooooooooo!!!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I forgive our American friends who have only just discovered FIFA and its corruption. They'll forget it exists soon enough.
the world cup owns and is just getting better and football really owns so who cares about the corruption imo, just the cost of doing business.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

they kicked people out of favelas, and hell it made the tournament safer and better..cant wait to see what they do with slave labor. Licking my lips at the thought

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
I don't expect Blatter to step down in 4 years.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Sepp posted:

It is my congress, I have the right to make the closing remarks. This is a very important congress. You see I am in a good mood. I was a little bit nervous today, but now I am the president of everybody, I am the president of the whole Fifa.

This game is important, but more important, enjoy life!

I cannot get over his closing speechh lmao

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can't wait until the next World Cup awarding. Because even with all of the attention and scrutiny they're not gonna be able to resist being as greedy as always. The entire bidding bribery process is going to be hilarious.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
You know this is totally Sepp right now.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
i hope an asteroid hits earth soon

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Even Nate Silver, noted advanced stats person, has proposed to carve out a breakaway organization:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-to-break-fifa/

quote:

But what if you used the 34 OECD members as the foundation of a new football federation? The OECD doesn’t include Russia but does have most of the large European economies, including Germany, the U.K., France, Italy and Spain. It also has the United States and a foothold in the Asia-Pacific region (Japan, South Korea, Australia) and Latin America (Mexico, Chile). These OECD members account for more than 60 percent of the GDP-weighted World Cup audience and about 80 percent of the club-team representation in the 2014 World Cup.

Convince Brazil and Argentina to join the breakaway foundation, and you’re doing even better. You’d be up to almost 70 percent of the GDP-weighted World Cup audience, and you’d have 11 of the 16 countries that advanced to the knockout stage of last year’s World Cup. You’d have more than reached critical mass, and you’d probably have your pick of whichever other countries — Colombia, Nigeria, New Zealand — wanted to flee FIFA.

The stats don't lie.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Even Nate Silver, noted advanced stats person, has proposed to carve out a breakaway organization:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-to-break-fifa/

The stats don't lie.

Nothing will ever come of this. Blatter will be president until he dies and the wheels will keep turning in the meantime.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

FIFA - After the 1998 World Cup in France, Sepp Blatter will resign from being Secretary General of the FIFA. "23 years at the FIFA are enough", the Swiss said and declared that he doesn't want to succeed president Joao Havelange, who is going to give up his presidency in 1998.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He's going to have a Lenin type thing built in the lobby of FIFA HQ and rule forever

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres a lot of people who made rash claims like never working with blatter again who are pedalling backwards right now.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks like the FIFA congress are big game bottlers this was their chance

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
CONMEBOL president Napout just said Blatter told him we will keep the 4.5 spots for the next WC

Blatter is a good man who should rule forever and also be made president of the UN

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ronniegardocki posted:

i hate blatter too, but i don't get why anyone wanted an arab prince to win :confused:

I want blatter to win so they have to gather everyone for a special election in two months after they arrest Blatter

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Polidoro posted:

CONMEBOL president Napout just said Blatter told him we will keep the 4.5 spots for the next WC

Blatter is a good man who should rule forever and also be made president of the UN

If uefa+conmebol break away we could have 6 spots

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

julian assflange posted:

Looks like the FIFA congress are big game bottlers this was their chance

The City of 'non-profits'. :negative:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Olewithmilk posted:

I cannot get over his closing speechh lmao

It is my congress, I have the right to make the closing remarks. This is a very important congress. You see I am in a good mood. I was a little bit nervous today, but now I am the president of everybody, I am the president of the whole Fifa.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

oliwan posted:

Quoting a fat swiss fraud

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Koesj posted:

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Koesj posted:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Koesj posted:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Koesj posted:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Koesj posted:

lol

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
are you implying im a fat swiss fraud??

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Koesj posted:

Yesssssssssss

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Koesj posted:

:eyepop:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Koesj posted:

:boom:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Koesj posted:

:thurman:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Koesj posted:

We're done here.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The idea that an organization that is dominated by 3rd world countries and "territories" that are not even countries would ever get rid of it's corruption is just stupid.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
There's been like 1000 posts in this thread since I last saw it did something big happen

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Koesj posted:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Blue Star Error posted:

There's been like 1000 posts in this thread since I last saw it did something big happen

nah it just transformed into a Fifa congress gameday thread

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

America discovered FIFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.