Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

NeurosisHead posted:

Wait, is there a separate inventory for your mount? How do you access that?

It just adds to your maximum personal inventory count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Hi guys,
@RustySasquatch here looking for an invite to the EP Goon guild please.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So I got scared off of this after the pretty awful response it got around release. It sounds a bit like it's gotten better so I was giving it another look. Does this have a good amount of lore stuff and random things to find like the core series games have had? I assume a lot of stuff is lost in translation to an MMO but it's not clear to me how much.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My interest in this game is nearly 100% about Cryodil but a decent solo leveling experience is also important.

How have those aspects shaped up since release?

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

Wait, is there a separate inventory for your mount? How do you access that?

Stable to increase, one space per day for 250g up to a maximum of 60. It's just added to your personal inventory number.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Chomp8645 posted:

My interest in this game is nearly 100% about Cryodil but a decent solo leveling experience is also important.

I just started the game, I have three characters right now that I have done solo grinding on and pure pvp. I'm probably doing something dumb, but I just follow grinding spots for my pve and just smash man's for pvp

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Berke Negri posted:

I don't have a leveling build as I started it after like vr3 but I can lay out my bars roughly (phone posting not at home currently) and so the names will be general because I don't remember them off the top of my head

First bar sword and shield

Magicka morph of the flame strike ability
Flame whip
DoT morph of talons for locking down groups
The charge shield bash ability
Reflective scales to reflect back four projectiles

Second bar flame staff

Destructive reach for long range KB
Degeneration from mages guild for dot and heal over time
Dragons blood (coagulating for higher healing rates)
Igneous shards for damage shield plus more healing received
Harness magicka (or whatever the absorb magicka light armor ability morph is) for a big spell shield that absorbs magicka to keep your resources up

Ultimate can go either way, I prefer the dragon leap as it self heals and causes aoe KB and close distances. I have the cost reduction morph but the damage shield version is still cheap. I use a PvP s+s and necklace set that reduces ult cost by 10% so its up constantly.

Depending how sturdy your gear is your options are either five light and two "large" heavy pieces or five heavy two light. For pve this build works well too, use five light and two heavy for that. You can also do two sets of sword and shield to keep the damage mitigation constantly while switching to your buff bar, but I like a staff to have range options.

I appreciate your help, I'm nearly lvl 30 so I will start working on it now and I will send you a message about that armor, how much will it be?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

PvP is still a hot loving mess because everyone rolls AD and EP, and AD has more tryhards and min-maxing spergs which means AD owns every single campaign in PvP, and have demolished our own "buff server" just to poo poo on the people who ignore PvP. Not to mention that getting Emperor means sitting in a circlejerk all day dealing with high-school level popularity contests.

There's fun in murdering AD zergs with siege weapons, ask berke. But for the most part PvP is stil pretty bad.

Solo content is pretty drat good now, barring the boring VR grind (you can get to v14 in a month from starting a character if you grind it out).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

rlloyd3 posted:

Stable to increase, one space per day for 250g up to a maximum of 60. It's just added to your personal inventory number.

I thought that was the case, the phrasing in the post just confused me for a second.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Foehammer007 posted:

I appreciate your help, I'm nearly lvl 30 so I will start working on it now and I will send you a message about that armor, how much will it be?

Just collect the amount of mats you need and send them to me and I'll take care of the rest. I can make any of the six trait crafted sets but if you are not sure what you want there I'll just pick some for you.

edit: This offer is up to anyone starting out too, just mail me in-game @hberke and I'll set you up with some training gear to make leveling those skill lines quicker.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 30, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

There should still be some tier 3 mats in the EP goon bank, use those if you have to.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Here is the Dwemer and Master motif (all motifs owned) dyes.This is just random gear I picked up. I thought I took the ss with my old set on which looked great on.

Dwemer dye

Master motif dye

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Doing Craglorn runs this Saturday night if any VRs wanna join in and get some Crag shards.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What time?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Q: what does it mean when someone is in a cyrodiil dungeon (not in the non-veteran campaign) at level 17 and soloing the bosses

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

vug posted:

Q: what does it mean when someone is in a cyrodiil dungeon (not in the non-veteran campaign) at level 17 and soloing the bosses
What does this question mean?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

vug posted:

All non-VR characters get a boost in PvP to get them up to par with VR toons. Probably explains why.

Also they were probably kitted out in good crafted gear.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a zone that features Hermaus Mora?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Baron Porkface posted:

Not his plane of Oblivion but he pops up at least once or twice in each Alliance storyline and his quests are usually some hosed up thing.

edit:

vug posted:

I just soloed the vr12 delve boss north of Farragut with my level 10 Templar in the vet-campaign Thornblade.

Also tanked a VR4 DK until a level 24 sorcerer rode by and helped me finish them off.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 30, 2015

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
you mean they actually fixed the stat boost? welp

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Baron Porkface posted:

he's got a public dungeon in reaper's march

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

vug posted:

you mean they actually fixed the stat boost? welp

Everyone is boosted to VR12 now.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Scyantific posted:

PvP is still a hot loving mess because everyone rolls AD and EP, and AD has more tryhards and min-maxing spergs which means AD owns every single campaign in PvP, and have demolished our own "buff server" just to poo poo on the people who ignore PvP. Not to mention that getting Emperor means sitting in a circlejerk all day dealing with high-school level popularity contests.

There's fun in murdering AD zergs with siege weapons, ask berke. But for the most part PvP is stil pretty bad.

Solo content is pretty drat good now, barring the boring VR grind (you can get to v14 in a month from starting a character if you grind it out).

counterpoint: the non veteran pvp server is really fun and not nearly as full of autistic idiots

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Everyone is boosted to VR12 now.
Correction. Every non-VR character is boosted. They still have the hosed up system where a level 49 is significantly stronger than a VR1.

At level 49 I had something like 24k/18k/18k for stats in cyrodil. At VR7, I have 19k/18k/10k because this game is dumb has poor design choices.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

Correction. Every non-VR character is boosted. They still have the hosed up system where a level 49 is significantly stronger than a VR1.

At level 49 I had something like 24k/18k/18k for stats in cyrodil. At VR7, I have 19k/18k/10k because this game is dumb has poor design choices.

So did you quit or something? We need our catman NB to murder dungeons (no one in guild wants to heal :smith:)

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack
So is this game, uh, good? How does it compare to other MMOs out there? I was thinking of getting it for ps4 and those that commented in the general thread gave it poor reviews. Raiding/whatever passes for it would probably be the main draw for me. PvE over PvP.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Brownview posted:

So is this game, uh, good? How does it compare to other MMOs out there? I was thinking of getting it for ps4 and those that commented in the general thread gave it poor reviews. Raiding/whatever passes for it would probably be the main draw for me. PvE over PvP.

Its good.

Can't comment on how the console version is. Seemed like the last beta went fine.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

So did you quit or something? We need our catman NB to murder dungeons (no one in guild wants to heal :smith:)
Been working 12 hour days, also trying to leave the house more often. I got a bit burnt out the game too, the VR grind does suck. I will play again though, its a fun game, just taking a break.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

The best way to do VR at least the first time is to just take your time and be in no rush IMO.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Well god help me I just purchased an MMO.

Are any of the goon guilds both A) Not Dominion, and B) At least semi-active in Cyrodil?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

EP is the most active with 200ish members and were slowly getting more active in PvP now that we have more VRs and Thornblade is competitive. There's a handful of DC largely from launch, and almost no one doing AD outside of maybe alts.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good times earlier tonight murdering and pillaging our way through Craglorn.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Good times earlier tonight murdering and pillaging our way through Craglorn.

ahem,

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info371-Photographer.html

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, after playing "Undaunted Gold Key Roulette" for the last month, I finally got the shoulder piece to the Bogdan set, and in Light Armor too. Good set for healing, even if it's somewhat ugly.

Then there's this Engine Guardian set which is a good all-around set. Both pieces in Medium.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hey, Scyantific and any goons who want to go for the Cyrodiil shards behind opposing gates, this is a good chance, the first in a while- Thornblade is red.

Samunwise
Mar 18, 2009
Has anyone got any fun recommendations for what to do skills-wise for levelling a templar? Going with sword and board plus a skill or two from aedric spear and I'm doing fine, but it'd be nice to change it up, plus I have no idea what to do with my other actionbar beyond some oh poo poo buttons.

Also, can I get an invite to the EP guild for @Samunwise?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Try straight healer. On top of always being able to find work as a healer for groups, the goon guild could use another healer.

Also, invite will be sent out after maintenance is complete.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Anyone else have a huge patch to download from this latest update? Mine keeps changing the total every so often so I have no idea what the true total is. At least its downloading pretty fast.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Its about 2GB. Here's the patchnotes: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3830ml/news_eso_2010_patch_notes_readable/.compact

Most notable thing is there's no grouping restrictions for VR players anymore.

Datamined upcoming crown store items:

http://m.imgur.com/a/eXAE9

Winter scout looks cool, and a purple pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress yes. I will gladly drop some disposable income on increasing speed and carry capacity.

• Locked thread