Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Superstring posted:

Worked for Darth Vader!

"Here's your father's lightsaber. He would have wanted you to have it, Luke, and he would have liked to have murdered children with you with it one day. He really loved that lightsaber, he said it was like the opposite of sand, whatever that was supposed to mean. He really loved murdering children with that thing though, I'm sure he would have wanted you to join him in wiping out a daycare over a lazy summer day."

Hero of the clone wars, everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
New chapter!

http://bato.to/read/_/322430/onepunch-man_ch46.2_by_nerieru-scans

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

:stare:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I forgot Charanko was gonna jump in. :(

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Always wear a helmet, kids.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
I love that it looks like Licenceless Rider did his Justice Crash by using Tanktop Master as a ramp.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Taciturn Tactician posted:

If you guys want an anti-hero so much, Metal Bat is right there doing his best Yusuke Urameshi impression for you.

big bro

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Mongol posted:

If Lord Genome wants to keep the human population under one million, and Simon wants to kill all the beastmen, then Simon isn't the good guy. He's got to do some genuinely heroic things, or it's just pretty people fighting ugly people.

I meant Viral - you know, Commander of the Human Eradication Army. It's pretty obvious how your earn that title.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, but he didn't become a hero until ten years later after the beastmen's star had fallen considerably, and the entire world was in extreme peril. And he gets recruited in prison, so it's less "I beat you up so you're a good guy now! :downs:" and more "If you help us save the world we'll bump your parole up."

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Notice where Garou punched the Tanktops? :gonk:

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Nooooo, Tank Top Master :(

So I think I know what Garou's deal is...

Perhaps he's a spoof on that martial arts archtype that keeps getting stronger once he's seen and understood a fighting style. Or the good ol' Saiyan principle: whenever he gets beat up, he returns stronger. He pretty much no-selled Tank Top Master after getting his face smashed in, and I can't imagine any other way this dude could reach the sheer insanity that was the Sea King or Boros. Of course, Saitama being Saitama, I'm pretty sure he's ignoring all those power-ups, no matter how insane they get...

Stay safe, Bang... Just kidding, I know you're doomed :(

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Notice where Garou punched the Tanktops? :gonk:

The Human Monster is a fitting title

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah, while most other opponents in the series have started out superstrong it seems we get to see Garous path towards reaching his peak (if he has a peak). He's obviously getting stronger and stronger and doing so really quickly. It's pretty neat to see the villains progression like that

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
New chapter!

http://bato.to/read/_/323606/onepunch-man_ch47_by_nerieru-scans

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Licenseless Rider is okay :unsmith:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Saitama's saiyan blood is boiling red hot

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

oh poo poo i dont remember saitama going to visit licenceless rider in the original. :3:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Here you go

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Roobanguy posted:

oh poo poo i dont remember saitama going to visit licenceless rider in the original. :3:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this was all new stuff. (Also, it was great; have a banana :3:)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

King is going to dig deep and find his true strength. By calling Saitama and making GBS threads his pants . :v:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Roobanguy posted:

Yeah I think this is new.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I like how in the original you only get the vaguest vibe of what Garou looks like, but here he's got this really defined, sharp, snakelike look to him that owns.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Interesting; this is the first (non volume-bonus) chapter that wasn't flat-out based on the original. That's neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, since ONE's version is slowing down, Murata could use the breathing room.

This is actually manga filler.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

I like how in the original you only get the vaguest vibe of what Garou looks like, but here he's got this really defined, sharp, snakelike look to him that owns.

Yeah, I definitely like Garou's Murata-design. Especially in the most recent chapter, he looks dangerous and even his ridiculous hairstyle looks pretty cool.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait for further updates, because it's good.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like Saitama continuing to make friends in this update :3:

Here, have a banana.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I liked how Saitama immediately perks up when Tank Top Master mentions how strong Garou is. :allears:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

It may be filler, but anything Murata does is like caviar to me. I'll even take him drawing Peanuts talking heads, which is essentially what he does here..

So the three heroes who got beat down.. looks like Goodyear Man, Neti Pot Face, and Red Nose. What the hell is Red Nose's power, getting drunk and bragging about how he would take out (x) villain? Or is it getting beat up by villains and winding up with a red nose all the time...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, Saitama did his training on a single banana a day didn't he?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like to think of powers like wrestling gimmicks. It's just that some people are really good at their gimmick.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

RareAcumen posted:

Oh poo poo, Saitama did his training on a single banana a day didn't he?

No, he had three meals a day, but for breakfast, a banana was fine by itself.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Binary Badger posted:

It may be filler, but anything Murata does is like caviar to me. I'll even take him drawing Peanuts talking heads, which is essentially what he does here..

So the three heroes who got beat down.. looks like Goodyear Man, Neti Pot Face, and Red Nose. What the hell is Red Nose's power, getting drunk and bragging about how he would take out (x) villain? Or is it getting beat up by villains and winding up with a red nose all the time...

He's a C Class hero, he doesn't have any powers, just gimmicks. Like the best gimmick in all of herodom, used by the #1 C Class hero.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Can Of Worms posted:

I liked how Saitama immediately perks up when Tank Top Master mentions how strong Garou is. :allears:

I like how it was Tank Top Master saying that he'd taken out so many monsters with one punch before this and grown complacent that made him pay attention to him as a person.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gyges posted:

He's a C Class hero, he doesn't have any powers, just gimmicks. Like the best gimmick in all of herodom, used by the #1 C Class hero.

Sick bike tricks is a pretty sweet gimmick, especially when backed by the beating heart of a TRUE HERO.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Binary Badger posted:

I assumed Running Nose

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

tsob posted:

I like how it was Tank Top Master saying that he'd taken out so many monsters with one punch before this and grown complacent that made him pay attention to him as a person.

The Murata side chapters have actually made me reconsider Tank Top Master. He doesn't do much in the ONE versions except job, but when he's in that hospital bed he's pretty insightful about things and not just the "meat-head" stereotype I'd initially seen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He is like a buddhist monk, but he only seeks tanktop-related enlightenment.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-06-05/one-punch-man-to-debut-in-print-in-n-america/.88946

Print volumes coming to America! The first two volumes in September and then the rest will be released bimonthly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

OmegaDimension posted:

Print volumes coming to America!
Finally.