Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ullerrm posted:

True story: a group of us have been proposing making the punisher a rocket platform :v:

Vengeance is probably my favorite assault frigate of all time, next to an SAR/SAAR armor jaguar (which sounds stupid, but is still super hard to crack)

ullerrm posted:

Also, the old Sisi Naga was ridiculously broken OP garbage and everyone knew it, and nobody would fly anything else ever again.

Too right, but anything that shifts the meta away from loving Ishtars at this point works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

Tippis posted:

Was this for TQ or Sisi? Apparently, they're changing how the repair tool works (and managed to squeeze in a nice communication snafu regarding bypassing the launcher) so we're bound to see more of that next week…

Tranquility. My installation was corrupted and I had to reinstall everything anyway.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I've heard there's ridiculous ISK to be made from faction warfare missions using stealth bombers. Is anyone able to give me a run-down of basic fits, skills and the method of doing this? I've got an alt account not doing much that should probably start pulling its weight.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

darth cookie posted:

I've heard there's ridiculous ISK to be made from faction warfare missions using stealth bombers. Is anyone able to give me a run-down of basic fits, skills and the method of doing this? I've got an alt account not doing much that should probably start pulling its weight.

It's still decent money, but the real time to do this ended about a year and a half ago.

Also- it require(d) drat near a perfect bomber (t2 torps, max missile supports, etc).

Essentially you only pull the 'kill structure' or 'kill commander' missions, orbiting the site at 80km, and killing the single objective and moving on- The real secret however is route planning (as most of your time will be consumed in traveling between mission sites), there was a website that helped map this out, but I don't remember what it was called.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 30, 2015

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

darth cookie posted:

For both Amarr & Minmatar you do certain Level 4s at Tier 4 using a torp bomber and that's basically it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

Also, the old Sisi Naga was ridiculously broken OP garbage and everyone knew it, and nobody would fly anything else ever again.

I heard rumours of a Torpedo Naga but I never had it confirmed.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Zephyrine posted:

I heard rumours of a Torpedo Naga but I never had it confirmed.

Yep -- when the ABCs were first added and on Sisi, the Naga had 8 hardpoints each for both missiles and turrets, so you could fit it either way.

Of course, when you've got a ship that's designed around huge spike damage, high mobility, and low tank, it was a little TOO good to have a weapon system with zero tracking concerns. The damage was ridiculous too -- the bonuses meant that you'd get ~900 dps from torps with two BCS, and still have enough CPU left over for a reasonable tank, scram, and web.

Imagine if they had left it in... then imagine how it'd be with RHMLs. (They didn't exist when this was happening.)

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Yep -- when the ABCs were first added and on Sisi, the Naga had 8 hardpoints each for both missiles and turrets, so you could fit it either way.

Of course, when you've got a ship that's designed around huge spike damage, high mobility, and low tank, it was a little TOO good to have a weapon system with zero tracking concerns. The damage was ridiculous too -- the bonuses meant that you'd get ~900 dps from torps with two BCS, and still have enough CPU left over for a reasonable tank, scram, and web.

Imagine if they had left it in... then imagine how it'd be with RHMLs. (They didn't exist when this was happening.)

I want it.

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
Jackdaw fittings,

saw this and through i might be helpful for some people, hope you all enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhhMPPe76Lo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This has got to be the worst use of dual ASB I've ever loving seen. He is alternating cycles between both his ASBs and keeps dying like a loving retard when both go empty. That is, when the first ASB goes empty the second one only has one charge left. Let one go fully empty before you use your second one god drat. He's intentionally timing their reload to happen at the same time.

chriscalvert1982
Oct 6, 2013
Like i said i never said it was any good just saw it and through of it as fitting ideas ;-P

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

ullerrm posted:

Zephyrine posted:

I want it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
They should have just given it poor fitting and left the missile slots.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

blowfish posted:

They should have just given it poor fitting and left the missile slots.

I agree. Two hybrid attack battlecruisers reek of lazy balance.

Either that or leave the Naga with Hybrids and then give the Talos the ability to field 10 heavy drones and turn all the high slots into utility slots :v:

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 11:11 on May 30, 2015

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

What's the practical difference between a Talos and a Naga anyway? Light drones in case of T1 tackle and more lowslots in the Talos so you can put stuff other than tank in your mids?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

blowfish posted:

What's the practical difference between a Talos and a Naga anyway? Light drones in case of T1 tackle and more lowslots in the Talos so you can put stuff other than tank in your mids?

Tracking + light drones versus Optimal+ tank.

The Naga can snipe to a degree while the Talos can apply enormous DPS to mid sized targets at closer ranges.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

blowfish posted:

As long as you compare rails to rails and blasters to blasters and assume the same damage mods, the 2 ships deal identical paper damage, not counting the Talos's drones.

The Naga has greater range and more midslots so you can shield tank it, have point, web, and prop mod and all your low slots for blasters and get an impressive combination of range (for blasters, that is) and DPS out of it. You can even fit dual webs or a tracking computer if you're willing to accept a 2-slot tank which is probably a good idea since otherwise anything reasonably small will get under your guns. If you fit rails, you'll have very impressive sniper range.

Talos on the other hand is tracking bonused, so it gets better application at medium or short range, with either weapon system. It will do slightly more overall damage too because of its drones and both of those facts make it less vulnerable to tacklers. The Talos can either armor or shield tank; it it armor tanks it's going to be less agile and slower and lose some DPS since it most likely won't have more than 1 magstab, but in that case it can easily fit point / scram + double web or TC which makes it much more dangerous to small ships trying to get in close.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

So I've applied to GoonWaffe by following the steps in the OP, and it says a forum called Little Bees should be visible to me on the goonfleet forums, but it's not. Was it removed or something?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Ronald_Raygun posted:

So I've applied to GoonWaffe by following the steps in the OP, and it says a forum called Little Bees should be visible to me on the goonfleet forums, but it's not. Was it removed or something?

Nope be patient and refresh

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Ronald_Raygun posted:

Quickest way is in is to send Vyst a couple quick dick pics. Preferably, from different angles/lighting

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Ronald_Raygun posted:

I didn't see it until I had full access so that might be a dated instruction.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vermeul posted:

Quickest way is in is to send Vyst a couple quick dick pics. Preferably, from different angles/lighting

Love me some artistic dick pics

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Applied, now exploring c1 wormholes

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Reverand maynard posted:

This has got to be the worst use of dual ASB I've ever loving seen. He is alternating cycles between both his ASBs and keeps dying like a loving retard when both go empty. That is, when the first ASB goes empty the second one only has one charge left. Let one go fully empty before you use your second one god drat. He's intentionally timing their reload to happen at the same time.

Not to mention that he's got 22cpu and several pg left over and hasnt bothered to put a set of combat probes on it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

vermeul posted:

Make sure to form them as "Hey look at my new rug!" and then in the corner there's a dick. Creative dick pics go a long way

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Most Waffe members will sponsor for dick pics.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Boat posted:

Yeah, I've heard that name is...tainted.

Thankfully I went with something else, I'm Talmarc Basiat in game.

Hey, sorry for the delay. About to leave on vacation and been running around like crazy. Sent you the skillbooks and a bit of ISK to help you out.

Enjoy!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
make caldari ships able to fire while cloaked so i can live out my star trek 6 fantasy in eve online

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or was that star trek 5? either way also introduce the ability to cripple enemy ships with badly quoted Shakespeare

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

I want to fire at ships that share a warp tunnel with me.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

or was that star trek 5? either way also introduce the ability to cripple enemy ships with badly quoted Shakespeare

it was 6, 5 was awful in different ways

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Hey, sorry for the delay. About to leave on vacation and been running around like crazy. Sent you the skillbooks and a bit of ISK to help you out.

Enjoy!

Awesome, thanks! Well on my way to being more useful.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sixx Spades posted:

I want to fire at ships that share a warp tunnel with me.

I think that if you warp faster than a ship in front of you it should knock them out of warp

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

vyst posted:

I think that if you warp faster than a ship in front of you it should knock them out of warp

Blue shells — the new doomsday device?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wonder what you could do with some kind of warp distrupting mechanic like that. Some kind of directional pulse that can knock ships out of warp? I dunno how it would work, just seems like a cool idea that may not have any useful application. Maybe some kind of probe set that could jam out anything, inlcuding interceptors, and basically keep them on a grid for a little bit.

sounds like fun, but i'm not gonna pretend i've thought it out.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ullerrm posted:

I thought it was restricted to torpedos because they thought that a (relatively) fast missle spewing BC that can hit to 250km was a bad idea.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Elmnt80 posted:

I thought it was restricted to torpedos because they thought that a (relatively) fast missle spewing BC that can hit to 250km was a bad idea.

Take a Barghest out for a spin some time and you'll get a sense for what a missile-spewing Naga would have been like.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Elmnt80 posted:

Even with all the bonuses in the world it still takes a loving long time to hit that far. Players are not NPCs, after all and tend to move out of the way. Or use firewalling or some poo poo.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Libluini posted:

Even with all the bonuses in the world it still takes a loving long time to hit that far. Players are not NPCs, after all and tend to move out of the way. Or use firewalling or some poo poo.

Firewalling still works for torps and HMLs, but cruise missiles move at some 11km/s; they can actually clip through a firewaller ship without getting damaged. The only way to firewall them is to get a high-tidi situation and then use two ships, both staggering your smartbombs.

It's why we largely haven't bothered firewalling versus NC's raven doctrine.

Well, that and the fact that only morons die to it (and that NCDOT undertanks them, so they die to a stiff breeze) so there's no real need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

The question is, why does NCdock run a terrible raven doctrine, without even trying to improve it?

• Locked thread