Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Someone post that smiley that points a gun to its head and hesitates for me.

I have learned another good lesson today. If you are buying a part that has sensors on it, that of which are hard to get to and you don't know how old they are, you should just replace them while its out.

I was getting a cel for the passenger upstream sensor, but even with wrenchs, 2 different types of o2 sensor removal tools and a leverage bar I was not able to budge it. I ended up having to drop the whole pipe again just to replace it. Did that, went for a test drive today and got a different cel for the rear passenger sensor. Luckily its much easier to get to, I'm just beating myself up for not spending another $35 before so that I could've avoided this.

On the bright side I'm now really good at getting my car up on ramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
:smithicide: I believe is what you want

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011
bombs dropped, 47k USD, option it to 66k if you want to go balls out.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Holy poo poo, below 50k?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Wowzers :chanpop:

That's a steal.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo. That has to be the performance buy of the century

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Gotta swing by the dealer tomorrow and see just how bad the markup will be now. gently caress me that's a lust inspiring car.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I felt it move just now.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Until the dealers start adding the 10-15k "market adjustments".

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
It's me, the sucker that ended up paying 5k over MSRP "market adjustment" for my Boss 302. :(

Hopefully the base GT350 will stay in that range vs the more likely 10+ K markup on R models.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Some of these dealers are pretty ridiculous with markups. I went to put my 2016 order in last week, and noticed they still have 2 new 2014 GT500s and 3 of the 2015 LE cars. 20k Dealer Adjustment on the GT500s, 15k on the LEs. Wonder how long those will be sitting.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Probably depends on the market I guess. A dealer in the middle of the deep south that sells nothing but F150s who gets their random 1-2 GT350s probably isn't going to mark them up nearly as much as one in California or something.

I remember seeing totally nutty markups on Boss Laguna Secas though, like 20k+ on top of MSRP.

e: Talked to the local dealer, apparently their allocation is 2 GT350s and the owner's already snagged the first one. :suicide:

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 26, 2015

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
My Dad took a new GT out for a test drive yesterday, and now he's of the opinion that I should buy one so he can drive it (he's been "taking care of" my V6 while I'm in Europe).

Like, gently caress, don't tempt me into lovely financial decisions I'm already sorely tempted to make.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

PT6A posted:

My Dad took a new GT out for a test drive yesterday, and now he's of the opinion that I should buy one so he can drive it (he's been "taking care of" my V6 while I'm in Europe).

Like, gently caress, don't tempt me into lovely financial decisions I'm already sorely tempted to make.
If I was making another $10-15k a year right now I'd be buying [GT Premium].

I think I have to go EB though, because I'm not. :(

Still so tempted to just order the GT and make it work somehow. lovely financial decisions I'm already sorely tempted to make, indeed.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

ilkhan posted:

Still so tempted to just order the GT and make it work somehow. lovely financial decisions I'm already sorely tempted to make, indeed.

There's pretty much no chance I'd upgrade to a newer Mustang unless it were a GT. Mine's still got under 25k kilometres and puts a huge grin on my face all the time.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

PT6A posted:

There's pretty much no chance I'd upgrade to a newer Mustang unless it were a GT. Mine's still got under 25k kilometres and puts a huge grin on my face all the time.
Mine is an 01 V6 that's seen better days despite the low miles. I really want to step into something new, though I'm being very indecisive over what exactly I buy.

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

ilkhan posted:

I'm in a position where I'd much prefer to wait at least 1 more year before buying a new car. The Mustang GT Premium is very high on my list but I wouldn't buy this year's model as I absolutely will require Android Auto.

Then, the new Camaro was announced and it looks pretty good, comes with the Corvette engine, and my old roommate works at a custom Vette/GM shop, so there is some incentive for me to at least strongly consider the Camaro, even though I think the Mustang looks better.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Im assuming sync3 will be upgradable to AA if its not there on day 1. I love the concept of android auto, but afaik it requires a damned cable to connect it to the car. I don't even use a cable to charge my phone.

Bleh, gently caress the Camaro. I respect them as being fast, but if I wanted a pillbox from gov motors I wouldn't be me.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

ilkhan posted:

Mine is an 01 V6 that's seen better days despite the low miles. I really want to step into something new, though I'm being very indecisive over what exactly I buy.

Yeah, I'd want to upgrade from that too. Mine's an '11, so it's not pressing at all in my case.

tijag
Aug 6, 2002

ilkhan posted:

Im assuming sync3 will be upgradable to AA if its not there on day 1. I love the concept of android auto, but afaik it requires a damned cable to connect it to the car. I don't even use a cable to charge my phone.

Bleh, gently caress the Camaro. I respect them as being fast, but if I wanted a pillbox from gov motors I wouldn't be me.

Yeah, it requires a cable, but I must have it.

The new Camaro doesn't look great, but it looks better than it used to. Still not as good as the Mustang, but also will be a better driving car.

I think in the end it will come down to the driver position and how it feels to be inside the car.

If all things are equal then, having a the Corvette engine might be an advantage big enough for me to go Camaro, but we'll see. My heart is saying the Mustang is the car for me.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Hey, all.

Long time, no post.

The Hearse has been in the shop worked on for a quite a while due to time/money, etc. But they just texted me a video of a dyno pull today. It's running really rich as you can see from the amount of exhaust, but I'm excited to get her back, hopefully later this afternoon.

Hearse on the dyno

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Count Freebasie posted:

Hey, all.

Long time, no post.

The Hearse has been in the shop worked on for a quite a while due to time/money, etc. But they just texted me a video of a dyno pull today. It's running really rich as you can see from the amount of exhaust, but I'm excited to get her back, hopefully later this afternoon.

Hearse on the dyno

Those guys are insane.

And your Mustang sounds incredible.

drat you, now I'm looking at foxbodies even though I know I shouldn't.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tide posted:

Those guys are insane.

And your Mustang sounds incredible.

drat you, now I'm looking at foxbodies even though I know I shouldn't.

Thank you!

Once I get it back, I'll post pictures of what I actually did to the engine.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Trying to get a dealer to return my loving calls so I can place my order for a GT350 + Tech Package.

It's me. The person with 4 cars and one garage spot. :downsgun:

cegrover
May 28, 2015

Starkk posted:

Mine is blue, just not grabber blue :(

If they offered grabber blue for MY16 I would seriously turn in mine for one.

Mine's Grabber Blue. Okay, it's not exactly MY16... :-)

http://www.oddimotive.com/2014/03/the-oddimotive-fleet-has-new-addition.html

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Trying to get a dealer to return my loving calls so I can place my order for a GT350 + Tech Package.

You can park it at my place and leave the keys, if you want.

(I'm currently heavily planning on ordering a 2016 GT in the spring, but now there's a strong temptation to save up another year to make a GT350 affordable...It sounds like they start at 62 Canadian though :saddowns:)

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Finally finished:

272 rwhp/301lb torque

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Tide posted:

Holy poo poo. That has to be the performance buy of the century

Seriously. Wonder if I can convince my dad to trade his C63 for a GT350. :getin:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

El Scotch posted:

You can park it at my place and leave the keys, if you want.

(I'm currently heavily planning on ordering a 2016 GT in the spring, but now there's a strong temptation to save up another year to make a GT350 affordable...It sounds like they start at 62 Canadian though :saddowns:)

The canadian pricing conversion is atrocioussssss, that really sucks for you guys.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Count Freebasie posted:

Finally finished:

272 rwhp/301lb torque

That's some good numbers. Carbureted? Nice

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

The canadian pricing conversion is atrocioussssss, that really sucks for you guys.

Yeah, looks like suggested price of ~$72k for a GT350 with tech pack. :saddowns:

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

Eat that depreciation for me so I can :getin:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

Eat that depreciation for me so I can :getin:

I doubt there will be much on this car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah, even the 07 GT500s basically bottomed out at $30 grand, despite only being $42k new and worse in a number of ways than a supercharged 5.0 + tvs supercharger which can realistically be had for less.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Depends on how many they sell. If they reach saturation they'll drop like a rock. If not they won't.
But below poster is right, they'll still bottom out at a pretty high number.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ilkhan posted:

Depends on how many they sell. If they reach saturation they'll drop like a rock. If not they won't.
But below poster is right, they'll still bottom out at a pretty high number.

Yeah. All cars have a natural floor, it's just where that floor is and how long it takes to hit it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The good thing about the shelby's is, you're basically going to be able to buy a new one for MSRP give or take whenever you choose to buy one because old dudes buy them, store them, and die.

just as an example, here's a 2000 mile mystic cobra basically for the sticker price it was new. http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/633808038/overview/

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 30, 2015

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!
Less than a year on my 2014 GT prem (with 3.73) and the whole differential is getting switched out.

If you hear anything squealing whatsoever coming from the rear end, however faint (like mine), get it checked out asap. This started when I took it out from storage after winter.

edit: About 13500km on it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Powershift posted:

The good thing about the shelby's is, you're basically going to be able to buy a new one for MSRP give or take whenever you choose to buy one because old dudes buy them, store them, and die.

just as an example, here's a 2000 mile mystic cobra basically for the sticker price it was new. http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/633808038/overview/

God I used to love that retarded paint when I was in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
13.1 @ 107mph.

Doing the Density Altitude thing, that's 12.976 @ 109.015 MPH.

:q:

Only registered members can see post attachments!