Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's going to be 3am in the morning in a half hour and I'm finally going to get to watch the new episode of Jojo. I hope it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
LIke drat everything goes all out for the final mission in 04. It was sorta low key up til then with some neat levels but nothing too insane other than Stonehenge which was still not too crazy, then you're like "ok the last guys are hiding out in another anti-meteor place called megalith and they're gonna shoot missiles and bomb places and there are meteors falling down too" and then the yellow squadron is there and agnus dei is playing and you're given a pep talk during the loadout screen that's all like "Let us take back our...Shattered Skies" and you're getting all the stuff over the radio from the ground team who can't get in so they need you to fly your plane in through a tunnel and shoot out the missiles instead of letting them go through the plane-sized entry to do it themselves and god drat it's great and Mobius 1 owns.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

littleorv posted:

It's going to be 3am in the morning in a half hour and I'm finally going to get to watch the new episode of Jojo. I hope it's good.
It's good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogmNZqlrBGQ

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

tonights homework: which plane is the best plane, there can only be one.

The Arwing?

I admit, I haven't played that much Ace Combat. Either of the psp ones worth playing? Though I guess I could track down the ps1 games too.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've never played an Ace Combat game but it does look badass.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

I've never played an Ace Combat game but it does look badass.

they kinda have the same problem all flight/space games have, where at some point your core gameplay loop is flying in big circles and hitting the missile button when you get lock for 20 minutes a time

the missions are actually pretty varied designwise but what that actually means is sometimes the lock is on different ground targets instead, but its still fun to me

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The only space games I've ever really played was Descent and Wing Commander IV. At some point, someone just installed Descent on all the school computers so that was the game to play majority of the time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

they kinda have the same problem all flight/space games have, where at some point your core gameplay loop is flying in big circles and hitting the missile button when you get lock for 20 minutes a time

the missions are actually pretty varied designwise but what that actually means is sometimes the lock is on different ground targets instead, but its still fun to me

Yeah, though I've heard from people who played 5 that due to it being twice as long as any other ace combat game that it's real easy to burn yourself out on it, and I haven't heard much good about the ace combat assault horizon or whatever it was

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Actually come to think of it there is a 3DS remake of Ace Combat 2 called Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy and that had a special rerelease with amiibo support so you can fly planes with amiibo skins.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I get back from my vacation and my copy of Dragon's Quest V and Steins;Gate blu-rays came in the mail. Now it's time for Jojo's

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I hope Kakyoin gets owned by Dio this episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

I hope Kakyoin gets owned by Dio this episode.
He doesn't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

He doesn't.

He does, but not too much

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think I watched the first episode of Lum a few years ago because I was watching TNG for the first time and I read there was a really obscure reference to it an episode I liked.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

New Jojo episode was good. Now it is time for sleep.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

This thread was started on May 27th. Currently, it's May 30th.

This is one long last day.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Sharkopath posted:

tonights homework: which plane is the best plane, there can only be one.

the M-Wing from Air Rivals, a plane that is also a priest

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Edit: 2015 and these forums still can't auto resize images.

Good Lum

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War was so friggin good. I don't think there are any properly working emulations of it though which sucks so much :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dangerous Person posted:

I liked the Zoids series where they were the team of fighters in a tournament but never got into the one where there was a war or whatever.

I watched a lot of both and remember absolutely nothing about either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Wait, no, I remember there was a satellite that shot drop pods with a robot referee in them anywhere in the world, so no matter where or when two Zoid Meisters were about to fight, it would always be an official Zoid match.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I do not remember if there was a way to retrieve the drop pods, or if the Zoids world is just implied to have a dead robot referee in an old drop pod every fifty yards

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There were evil referees and at one point the good and bad referees got into a paddlehand slapfight

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
So I finished watching the original VOTOMS anime. Which OVA should I watch now? Last Red Shoulder? Is there some order I should watch the OVAs in?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Production order is the best way to go.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Kiniro Mosaic is so cute ohmahgawd

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I'm watching an obscure super robot show and writing a short review after each episode in the super robot thread. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3378881&userid=190530&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post443004288 if anyone is interested.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

you should watch Mellowlink because it's a cool action flick about revengening.
Its narrative also stands on its own p. well, but its primary purpose is for chomping down popcorn while dudes get venged on.

e: by "you" i meant Archer, and not Droyer. Votoms isnt very super.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I watched Mellowlink before VOTOMS, it's a good anime. Better than VOTOMS, IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to watch anime but I can't stop playing Splatoon.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I want to watch anime but I can't stop playing Splatoon.

I'm watching anime cause I don't have a Wii u

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've become addicted to the victory theme when you win a game in Splatoon

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Invictus posted:

There were evil referees and at one point the good and bad referees got into a paddlehand slapfight

Oh I remember that slapfight, it ends with the Judge picking up the Dark Judge and cracking the motherfucker across his shoulders like a badass :allears:.

boom boom boom posted:

I do not remember if there was a way to retrieve the drop pods, or if the Zoids world is just implied to have a dead robot referee in an old drop pod every fifty yards

They just launch off again after the match. Besides, we all know the real master of surprise-referee'ing is Mister Referee :colbert:.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Are there any humanoid Zoids?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The_Frag_Man posted:

Nah, they're all animals. The closest you get is the Iron Kong (ie; a bigass robot Gorilla)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

four legs good, two legs bad

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the british zoid story is entirely different and also as silly where the zoids are sentient talking giant monsters with smaller human shaped robots riding around in them for some reason

ive never seen much of it but theres two tiny zoids on the bad guy side that are stand ins for rosencratz and guildenstern and thats cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh poo poo i owned that comic

• Locked thread