Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

In It For The Tank posted:

I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

Garrett criticizing Erin's vows rang true for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

In It For The Tank posted:

I imagine the entire wedding was a fairly accurate recreation of Dan's wedding. Except for the incest. Maybe.

Fun fact: two elementary schools were forced to cancel their senior trips to the natural history museum of LA because Dan was holding his wedding there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Irish Joe posted:

Fun fact: two elementary schools were forced to cancel their senior trips to the natural history museum of LA because Dan was holding his wedding there.

You can't let schoolkids into an event with an open bar -- it gets expensive real fast.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How can elementary schools have senior trips? Screw those little shits. History and culture are lost on the young. Sending them to a park and then to a McDonalds would give them just as much culture as they'd get anywhere else.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Irish Joe posted:

They probably rescheduled because, and I have this on high authority, the things in the museum were still dead the next day.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dan had a great wedding

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Irish Joe posted:

He married Erin, not you. It's time you got over it.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

ashpanash posted:

He married Erin, not you. It's time you got over it.

All I'm hearing from Irish Joe at this point is "Won't somebody please think of the children?!??" It's much more amusing this way.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

He's mostly just thinking of their succulent cocksucker lips, though.

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011
Ive always felt like I miss a lot of the jokes in Community. What popular film or show was the Honda Civic episode alluding to? What about that Hondo Executive bald fellow who played off Britta pretending not to see him twice in the show? Whats that in reference to? It cant be just Batman?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

LolitaSama posted:

Ive always felt like I miss a lot of the jokes in Community. What popular film or show was the Honda Civic episode alluding to? What about that Hondo Executive bald fellow who played off Britta pretending not to see him twice in the show? Whats that in reference to? It cant be just Batman?

I don't ge tthis joke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't ge tthis joke.

Its playing off of an old joke.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

LolitaSama posted:

Billy Zane was The Phantom, not Batman.

He would've made a pretty good Batman though probably.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

HD DAD posted:

His constant :stare: face is amazing.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Its playing off of an old joke.

Then there are two jokes I don't get.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think I prefer the state of the show now more than I did when the start of s3 was airing and it seemed like everyone was constantly at each others throats for no reason. It go better, but those first few episodes were rough.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

God that felt like an episode of It's Always Sunny. That was so good.

Wow, you just made me realize why this episode felt a little weird to me, though I still enjoyed it a lot. I couldn't put my finger on it before but the way they depicted the insularity of the group and their lack of self-awareness felt so much like Always Sunny to me -- more than Community ever has before. Especially the part where they obliviously talk about how they're really "nailing" this wedding. I think you could take most of the script post-wedding arrival, add some goddammits, and it wouldn't be out of place in an IASIP episode.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I enjoy when the other people call the group out on their clearly insane poo poo they do.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

dead in real life posted:

Wow, you just made me realize why this episode felt a little weird to me, though I still enjoyed it a lot. I couldn't put my finger on it before but the way they depicted the insularity of the group and their lack of self-awareness felt so much like Always Sunny to me -- more than Community ever has before. Especially the part where they obliviously talk about how they're really "nailing" this wedding. I think you could take most of the script post-wedding arrival, add some goddammits, and it wouldn't be out of place in an IASIP episode.
1. Absolutely 2. Community's writers are open-auditioning for post-Community gigs.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ah, binge watching this entire season has been fun. This season's Chang has been the best since season 1.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think I prefer the state of the show now more than I did when the start of s3 was airing and it seemed like everyone was constantly at each others throats for no reason. It go better, but those first few episodes were rough.

This was definitely the weakest part of seasons 1-3 although for me it only really becomes unbearable in the original Todd episode. Which I still don't really enjoy watching.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

An Ounce of Gold posted:

They probably rescheduled because, and I have this on high authority, the things in the museum were still dead the next day.

Having worked for a natural history museum, they typically have events after regular hours and employ event coordinators to make sure conflicts don't happen. If it's true that schools had to cancel it's probably because Harmon paid a lot of money, which is a pretty big win for a non-profit which is going to use that money for more research/exhibits/programs.

I'm generally not a fan of Harmon as a person but I feel like this is all pretty on the level. Unless he specially planned the wedding with screwing over children as a goal or something.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah honestly I've been enjoying this season. It's moved away from a more traditional sitcom into a weird experimental thing that is tonally more in line with Rick and Morty than anything else. Cynical, aware of itself but still has a heart to it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SwissCM posted:

Yeah honestly I've been enjoying this season. It's moved away from a more traditional sitcom into a weird experimental thing that is tonally more in line with Rick and Morty than anything else. Cynical, aware of itself but still has a heart to it.

I think most of the heart has come from the tags. Agree with it being a good season.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SwissCM posted:

This season started off great, but there were a couple of episodes I didn't really care for, and I was worried it had lost its mojo. Fortunately, the last two have been excellent, and I feel really good about this show. It's weird, it's misshapen, but it's good stuff. I was nervous when I saw they were doing another paintball episode, but starting off with a Highlander tribute(?) and putting Kumail in the show were fantastic ways to make it clear that it wasn't going to stink. :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

SwissCM posted:

Agreed. It helps that Paget Brewster and Keith David fit in so well. They're not Troy and Shirley, but they're very funny and compelling in their own ways.

Also, Paget is Sadie Doyle, so I'd love her even if she sucked on this show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bown posted:

This was definitely the weakest part of seasons 1-3 although for me it only really becomes unbearable in the original Todd episode. Which I still don't really enjoy watching.

That's the part I automatically think of. Maybe I'll do a rewatch as its been a while and maybe I'll see it in a more positive light.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

dead in real life posted:

Yeah, Jeff was channeling Dennis's smarmy public charisma, Britta was being so Sweet Dee it was crazy. Not sure who everyone else was. Chang = Charlie?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is the final episode coming up, or does this season have more episodes than the last?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

John Dough posted:

Is the final episode coming up, or does this season have more episodes than the last?

This is the last one.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I hope they finally pull the trigger on Jeff and Annie's relationship.

Also that a movie happens.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Britta said "gently caress"

:aaa:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What's with the diaper thing? Is it about shaming me?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

"I farted during the fourth one. It's an inside joke."

:haw:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
gently caress me i might actually tear up

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
holy poo poo that end tag

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

What the gently caress was that tag!

Harmon, you son of bitch.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahahaha holy gently caress that tag

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the word "gently caress"!

That tag!

I cried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm pretty sure someone else said "gently caress" and I thought I misheard.

That tag was the most depressing thing ever. And I loved it.

• Locked thread