Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

DICKHEAD posted:

We did a few EU3 sgs as well. I dunno if you played any of those though. I think mostly weird mods though? Like we did North Sea Empire in MEIOU and crap.

And Flanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Just finished up Jihad. It was a weird game. PLC, Italy, and Qing (!) all formed with no intervention from me; Russia did not, because a PLC-Novgorod tagteam was busy whipping Muscovy for most of the game. Also, the Latin American Wars of Independence happened in 1695.

Qing never actually conquered anything south of Beijing, which is a pity. Honestly, if there's any formable decision that should give cores instead of claims, it's that one...

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I think i'm actually going to finish this Russia game, might be the first time i've played start to finish. It sucks though that france inherited aragon, took catholic defender, and allied scandinavia to lock me out of europe though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm already a 500 basetax Commonwealth and Austria got the Burgundian Succession minus one or two Dutch minors. They were tied with me for #1 force limit. Lol.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm already a 500 basetax Commonwealth and Austria got the Burgundian Succession minus one or two Dutch minors. They were tied with me for #1 force limit. Lol.

Which side is Austria on? Guessing yours?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PleasingFungus posted:

Which side is Austria on? Guessing yours?

Yes. Muscovy doesn't even have any of Novgorod's cores because I poo poo on them so hard.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I don't want to wait for common sense, so I might do a Timurids game for kicks. Never played a horde or anyone outside of europe/north africa and it looks like timurids to mughals will be relatively short and easy

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh hells yes. The new ck2 dlc is a mother fwiggin map expansion.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

You know, when I stopped playing ck2, I always thought that I would go back if they filled out central Asia lmfao.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"horse lords"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hayman bring back the pony lp

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i would be excited for more mongol mechanics but since the ck2 devs are idiots i'll pass until the rest fo the game gets sorted out

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

mongols are tribal right? maybe that means they'll make tribal less poo poo (no, lol)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

MindSet posted:

mongols are tribal right? maybe that means they'll make tribal less poo poo (no, lol)

Groogy posted:

It would, but the rework needed to make this work in the code base was too big to have it be used anywhere else but together with nomads.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You know, when I stopped playing ck2, I always thought that I would go back if they filled out central Asia lmfao.

it makes me hate myself but this, unironically

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

lm,fao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

you made me look at the games thread for info and im getting a laugh at the people insisting that if the game runs bad it must be because youre poor

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Playing as mongols owns on every game but ck

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
It would be nice if once they added this new region they did some engine poo poo or something to let you choose to play in all of them or just 1 of your choice, they probably won't do that though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

wiz did talk up unspecified engine improvements so lets focus on how tribals are still lovely and hordes are likely to be broke as gently caress in some way or another

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Link

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
:rolleyes: having too slow CK2 methinks? mmm hm :rolleys: maybe upgrade CPU intensive for 2015? three year old chip slava :rolleye: get two days per minute on max have to pl:rolleyes:ay on 4x too fast mmmm? :rollyes:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lol why

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

we added some good* features but they're too good to be used anywhere but this very specific part of the game sorry

*probably not good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not gonna say that hordes don't have a huge impact on medieval europe because they do, but who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to do a map expansion for them. Why do I get the feeling this is going to turn hordes from cool dudes that sometimes conquer a lot of stuff into a wet fart like the Shia Uprising always is.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

wheres mount and blade 2

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hey dpox devs i know u dont read this thread b/cause we dont play softball here, but ffs spend the rest of the year bugfixing and optimising ck2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I have some mod enabled that fucks with AI because every single country in the world has a -200 'desires all your poo poo' modifier. Lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can't believe how excited the games thread is. One guy said that he's worried about the performance after roi and Wiz himself personally came into the thread to tear him a new rear end in a top hat while everyone clapped and cheered and used the farooq drat emote.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Link please. I stopped following that thread ages ago.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can't believe how excited the games thread is. One guy said that he's worried about the performance after roi and Wiz himself personally came into the thread to tear him a new rear end in a top hat while everyone clapped and cheered and used the farooq drat emote.

The CK2 thread made me want to stop playing CK2 more than anything. It seems like the devs really love to get jerked off by those guys.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

The CK2 thread made me want to stop playing CK2 more than anything. It seems like the devs really love to get jerked off by those guys.

i think the really lovely game is what made me stop play it, but the fanbase really doesn't help

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

i think the really lovely game is what made me stop play it, but the fanbase really doesn't help

I can still tolerate CK2 but only if I play in main Europe/Asia Minor and just totally forget about Eastern Europe or Africa. But the Way of Life UI changes really piss me off.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Groogy posted:

I would be able to push in China and maybe even larger parts of Africa or North America before the game comes to a crawl[...] I could make for instance daily ticks slower but make the game much much more responsive so you don't notice the actual lag more than that it is taking longer time to tick each year.

:pwn:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Gamer Hell Yeah.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
lol maybe I'll make the game run like poo poo intentionally,

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

lol maybe I'll make the game run like poo poo intentionally,

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

That boy ain't right

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

has groogy ever made a post that wasn't loving retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
EU4 continues to improve dramatically while CK2 bloats and rots under Groogy.