Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Every time I put it down I just want to pick it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I think this game randomly pairs you with friends. I know I've been matched with a few goons on my friends list without trying. (Totally splatted FANGIO!?)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hey guys, I just looked into my crystal ball and saw a vision of June 20th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Sam Faust posted:

Hey guys, I just looked into my crystal ball and saw a vision of June 20th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

I never actually put too much thought into the lyric samples in this song. I regret having taken the time to listen to this again instead of letting it remain in my 90s-kid memories. :(

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Yeah I'm really good at this game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

NNID: EvilCanadian
Canada

I am not really good at this game! But I am still having fun.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
If anyone on my friends list ends up in a group with a guy named Bigman, that's my Mii's dumb name, also the final boss of the story mode is something special, it's really long and surprisingly difficult.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

After initially turning it off, I've turned motion controls back on, which seems to be the way forward for high-level 'toon play. Just using the stick it's difficult to aim precisely, but then motion controls feel a bit weird and awkward at first. I wonder how many people are using motion controls and how many are turning them off.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I have no idea how you'd beat some of the bosses with a charger.

I had no idea how to beat some of them with the roller or the charger, but surprisingly the boss mechanics are actually suitable for all the weapons. I was dreading the charger especially because I was so terrible at it during the TestFire, but playing the levels with it really helped me get a better feel for it. I'm excited about unlocking the new charger weapons and giving them a go.

Speaking of which, there was a discussion about the Squiffer earlier - I played from Level 1 to Level 10 today using the default gear and Splattershot Jr, and in one game there was a guy with a Squiffer and Defense Up gear I could not beat in a firefight for the life of me. The time it took for me to splat him was enough time for him to turn around and take me out with a charger shot. Whoever was talking about the strategy for it had the right idea.

Does anyone know why the entire nation of Japan has collectively decided to use nothing but Aerosprays?

It's great to see that even using the default gear, you can still do well against players of all different levels with all kinds of stuff. I definitely think they have an in-game impact though. I'm dying more often to Rollers using the Krak-on version with speedup equipment, whereas in the last TestFire session I could just back up and shoot.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm planning to buy this later today. What's all this team cat poo poo? I have cats and I'd love to be part of team cats!

tidiox mentioned the first Splatfest, which is coming up June 20th. In NA it's Cats vs. Dogs. If you play that day you can choose a side and win Super Sea Snails to customize your equipment.

Also, saw you ask about local play earlier. The Battle Dojo currently has one local multiplayer mode, a 1v1 mode where you pop balloons to score points and splatting your opponent makes them lose points. One player uses the GamePad, and you should be able to use the Wii U Pro controller for the other.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Blaisedell posted:

After initially turning it off, I've turned motion controls back on, which seems to be the way forward for high-level 'toon play. Just using the stick it's difficult to aim precisely, but then motion controls feel a bit weird and awkward at first. I wonder how many people are using motion controls and how many are turning them off.

I did the exact same thing. I like the motion controls, but I think sometimes it gets hosed up. I need to recenter the camera more than I would like.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Blaisedell posted:

I turned them off as soon as I could and doubt I'll bother with them again. It doesn't work for me at all and I'm doing fine with stick controls. They work fine and everything but it's not for me.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bass Bottles posted:

I think this game randomly pairs you with friends. I know I've been matched with a few goons on my friends list without trying. (Totally splatted FANGIO!?)

You can intentionally join friends, which is what I did. :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
^^^ oh neat :)

I can't handle the motion controls, but certain weapons like the ink sniper seem useless without them. There isn't a level of precision with sticks.

I think my ideal controls would let you use both as once, maybe activating gyro-mode by holding down a button.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:
(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

Checked if I were on the list and found my entry. Saw what you wrote on my Weapons of Choice entry. Almost died from pure undiluted laughter. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again lads there is now a form for NintendoIDs. All automated so I can be lazy and play Splatoon with goons.
Just had a couple of rounds where we ended up with like 5-6 goons in the same game. Lot of fun.

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin: <<<This is really good for talking between rounds and about strats/weapons.

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:
(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

squidbutt

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
i'm sorry but team dog is in fact the correct choice :colbert:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

njsykora posted:

Someone on Twitter made a comment a few weeks before release that Splatoon seemed to be the only game released in the last 5 years that actually seemed to know what was currently fashionable.

Nah Watch_Dogs totally nailed it

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Just added my info to the sheet. I am ready to join team cat be a covert operative who destroys team cat from within.

Also, a tip since I just saw somebody do this. You don't need to place a beacon by the spawn point. You can super jump there whenever you like. Helpful if you see someone painting that area when no one else is there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

dude789 posted:

Just added my info to the sheet. I am ready to join team cat be a covert operative who destroys team cat from within.

Also, a tip since I just saw somebody do this. You don't need to place a beacon by the spawn point. You can super jump there whenever you like. Helpful if you see someone painting that area when no one else is there.

thank you for being a member of the superior team: team dog :woof: :dukedog:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you didn't want to join Team Cat why did you sign the form? :confused:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Managed to jump back in for a couple more games with the goon group and got my rear end handed to me repeatedly due to lag. Had some fun popping the Blaster in people's faces though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Infinitum posted:

If you didn't want to join Team Cat why did you sign the form? :confused:

to teach team cat people the error of their ways, obviously

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Everyone knows that Team Dog has it in the bag.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Team Dog is a Good Team. Sit. Stay. Splat!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
the hardest part of single player is finding all the levels in the overworld

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
I dont understand where the last 2 Zapfish are for the first single player mission. I keep redoing the mission over and over and dont see any other Zapfish other than the one at the end. Where the hell are the last 2 Zapfish?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Team dog is destined to win.

Behold the mix between squid and dog

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bobby2times posted:

I dont understand where the last 2 Zapfish are for the first single player mission. I keep redoing the mission over and over and dont see any other Zapfish other than the one at the end. Where the hell are the last 2 Zapfish?

In other levels, nearby the first one. For some reason you must shoot the level entrances before they are visible. This leads to this:

Suspicious Dish posted:

the hardest part of single player is finding all the levels in the overworld

Which is correct. I have done the first six levels or so and I do not get where the hell the rest are.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

bobby2times posted:

there are alternate levels on the overworld you have to find by splatting invisible stuff until the vent shows up

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Ink Mines are my new favourite thing.

Or more specifically, letting people chase me into them.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I think my favorite thing about this game is my dream of rolling over people with a giant paint roller coated in Mac n' Cheese sauce is now a reality.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

People really need to start splating walls. I always keep pulling wins because people aren't covering up my wall splats.

Does the echolocator show enemy locations for everyone on the team or just who activated it?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

I think my favorite thing about this game is my dream of rolling over people with a giant paint roller coated in Mac n' Cheese sauce is now a reality.

:yikes:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

For the love of Squod, everyone stop running halfway across the map to fight. Ink the ground, Inklings! It's in your name!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Salt the earth :black101:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

SeANMcBAY posted:

People really need to start splating walls. I always keep pulling wins because people aren't covering up my wall splats.

Does the echolocator show enemy locations for everyone on the team or just who activated it?

walls don't count towards your total, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Infinitum posted:

Splat the earth :black101:

• Locked thread